TP Mills Putter Thread

My lack of willpower for Mills putters continues with the purchase of this brand new Heritage today

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Congratulations on another sweet addition to your collection.

Thanks. You will be the first to know IF I decide to shed some excess inventory.

Hoping maybe this thread will get some activity now with the Mills / Odyssey collaboration becoming official.
The collaboration should raise the general golfing population's awareness of T.P. Mills as a currently relevant brand vs something that grandpa had in his bag. THPers are well ahead of the curve relative to the general golfing population. Even so, outside of those of us that have a putter addiction, I would guess that most THPers have not rolled a Mills.

Congratulations on another sweet addition to your collection.

The collaboration should raise the general golfing population's awareness of T.P. Mills as a currently relevant brand vs something that grandpa had in his bag. THPers are well ahead of the curve relative to the general golfing population. Even so, outside of those of us that have a putter addiction, I would guess that most THPers have not rolled a Mills.
Thanks. And most don't know what they are missing. I think the inactivity and length of this thread are testament to that. Hope to see that change.

I agree with on the Activity of the thread with the new Collaboration.
I just hope that some shops will actually carry them. Pretty costly to keep on inventory.
It does not sound to me as though the Mills / Odyssey will be an item you will find in a Golf Galaxy or PGA SS. Possibly in some clubhouses at very high end courses.

I can honestly say I've never had the opportunity to roll one. Just haven't seen one around to try it. But I've always like the classic looks of TP Mills putters.

Looking good.

I'm eager to see what comes from the new relationship with Odyssey. They have picked some really good shapes for the lineup.

I can honestly say I've never had the opportunity to roll one. Just haven't seen one around to try it. But I've always like the classic looks of TP Mills putters.
If we have the chance to tee it up, either as part of the RR or during the unofficial event, remind me and I will make sure that one of my Mills are part of the rotation so you can give it a roll or three.

If we have the chance to tee it up, either as part of the RR or during the unofficial event, remind me and I will make sure that one of my Mills are part of the rotation so you can give it a roll or three.
Fantastic. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You're welcome. Though your credit card might not be too happy.

We all know credit cards do not have feelings. That is why we use and abuse them so much!

Might be time to cut my custom 1-off Huey loose again. Poor thing just sits there.

Might be time to cut my custom 1-off Huey loose again. Poor thing just sits there.
Dust it off and let it roll!

Dust it off and let it roll!

Nah, too many other putters I enjoy right now, just don't see any room for it in the rotation anytime soon.

Nah, too many other putters I enjoy right now, just don't see any room for it in the rotation anytime soon.
I certainly understand that from a man with your very impressive collection. After scaling mine down to 5 and vowing to keep it there, I am back up to 7....

I certainly understand that from a man with your very impressive collection. After scaling mine down to 5 and vowing to keep it there, I am back up to 7....

Hahaha, I just keep telling myself, there are worse things!

Jman, Are you still interested in maybe selling that Huey?

Does TP Mills show up to the PGA Show every year?? I have one of his old Mizuno TPM6 putters that I am planning on having refurbished. I visited their website and it appears they are sill in production but on a limited basis. I love their work and rank them right up their with most everyone else....

Hopefully i can get this refurbished soon! (not my putter just an example of what one looks like)

s-l225.jpg

No sir, they don't. They have done a few things there in the past, but do not think they have been there as of late.
Although its a bit of a haze at times : )

No sir, they don't. They have done a few things there in the past, but do not think they have been there as of late.
Although its a bit of a haze at times : )

Hmm interesting. Seems like a company who was doing well early 2000s and then kind of fell off the face of the planet but never really went away. Theyve got all kinds of youtube videos and custom stuff but according to the main guy....(David Mills) they only make 3k-4k putters a year and 100-200 of those are customs.

Does TP Mills show up to the PGA Show every year?? I have one of his old Mizuno TPM6 putters that I am planning on having refurbished. I visited their website and it appears they are sill in production but on a limited basis. I love their work and rank them right up their with most everyone else....

Hopefully i can get this refurbished soon! (not my putter just an example of what one looks like)

s-l225.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, they still do custom / refurb work. Send them a message through their website. Most times when I contact them, I hear back from David himself.

To the best of my knowledge, they still do custom / refurb work. Send them a message through their website. Most times when I contact them, I hear back from David himself.
I called them directly and talked to Chris. He told me they do a complete refurb (new grip, new shaft, and actually refurbish the head "not replace it like Cameron does" , grind all imperfections out, they'll regrind the milled face anyway I'd like it, re coat it, paint fill it to my specs and add any additional custom stamping I'd like.

$150-$200 otd and shipped back to me.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I had a couple of Mills Softtails about 10 yrs ago when the price was a lot less. Brett Hull used one of them for a period of time. My son has another Mills Handmade I gave to him.

I'm more of a mallet guy now. The Huey in GSS and flamed ... not too shabby (not mine, just wanted to update the thread).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 11.31.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 11.31.51 AM.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 6.40.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 6.40.10 PM.png
    191.1 KB · Views: 4
Still think David makes some of the most beautiful and best feeling putters out there.

Have my custom Huey still, though I really should let it go to a home that will use it. Also still have the Mills Odyssey which as that deal fell through, has become an even cooler piece.

Back