TP Mills Putter Thread

Buckjob

My Friend's Call Me Drew
Reaction score
Handicap
well since the old thread got axed and Jay send me some nice pics of one of my 2 customs i'm having made im starting a new one. heres some photos of my custom Huey i had made. Nellie SS II in the works also... Jay said the Huey should be shipped out tomorrow. I love the classic look that TP mills has and ive been rolling my CS Huey really well lately can't wait to see how this one works out.

IMG_04071024x768.jpg

IMG_04081024x768.jpg

IMG_04091024x768.jpg

IMG_04101024x768.jpg

IMG_04111024x768.jpg

Great looking putter!

My Fleetwood Hi-Toe Custom:

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

My Huey Custom ("Darth Huey" hehe):

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

nice jman i think a fleetwood is in my future.

I love both of those Hueys, what is the toe hang like on those.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

mine should be around 4:30-5 but i havn't gotten it yet.

nice jman i think a fleetwood is in my future.

Another would be me too, had they not gone to plumber's necks on the new run. Dealbreaker for me.

Mine is about 4:30 (the more I look at it) Wake

Another would be me too, had they not gone to plumber's necks on the new run. Dealbreaker for me.

Mine is about 4:30 (the more I look at it) Wake

yeah the ones on the website are nice but im like you im not a fan of plumbers necks at all.

yeah the ones on the website are nice but im like you im not a fan of plumbers necks at all.

I love the look...I just SUCK putting with em. Kinda makes me sad.

Give me a flow-neck in the new run and I would have already had one. Love me some Mills.

I love the look...I just SUCK putting with em. Kinda makes me sad.

Give me a flow-neck in the new run and I would have already had one. Love me some Mills.

yeah ill be talking to Jay down the road a bit about a fleetwood id def go flowneck on it. i actually like the newer hi toes a little better they look so good. and maybe take a play from your book and get a twin huey but in CS since im tearing up the greens with my Anvil CS Huey. But im def with you Mills makes some great putters i just love the old school look and they feel so good.

yeah ill be talking to Jay down the road a bit about a fleetwood id def go flowneck on it. i actually like the newer hi toes a little better they look so good. and maybe take a play from your book and get a twin huey but in CS since im tearing up the greens with my Anvil CS Huey. But im def with you Mills makes some great putters i just love the old school look and they feel so good.

I hear ya. No other sounds like a Mills putter, my favorite aspect.

On the Fleetwoods, right now they are just one piece PN heads with no plans of any more FN's for a while last I heard. If they do and you find out though, let a guy know lol

I hear ya. No other sounds like a Mills putter, my favorite aspect.

On the Fleetwoods, right now they are just one piece PN heads with no plans of any more FN's for a while last I heard. If they do and you find out though, let a guy know lol

yeah its a shame cause the plumbers neck on the fleetwood's look really good.... who knows maybe ill snag one anyway maybe it will be the magical plumber i can actually putt with. lol

This will look familiar to some but here's my gamer this year...

45cdbf88-00e4-e27f.jpg

45cdbf88-00fd-5286.jpg

45cdbf88-0108-a97a.jpg

Very nice mudflap I love the steel against the black oxide on the shaft.

Carbon head finished in black oxide with a stainless steel midshaft neck.

Yeah, I've seen that one around. Hehe

Glad she has a good home that is going to get it on course as much as it should be mud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also on TP's web page they have the Tour Anvil Series putters, are these his production clubs, ready made to sell, or what?

The custom putter I bought from Jay about 5 years ago, it really is a sweet putter

The Anvil line are their production lines. The have all the heads made but David does had work on all of them finishing out the shapes and such.

I got to review 3 or 4 of them here in the putter forum, excellent putters, a search should turn those threads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 9 holes in with my anvil Huey CS yesterday and 9 holes with my heal shafted custom Huey yesterday. They are both amazing gonna be interested to see which one stays in the bag long term. Pondering a custom CS to match my custom I just had made. Took some pics I'll post them tonight when I get done work. Looks so good in the sun.

so i really enjoyed putting with the new huey i got on Easter. it has a really nice feel to it and looks amazing. i had an easier time lining it up with the oval on the topline along with the line on the flange. i think if i get a CS huey made which i will prob def do i will go with 2 close lines on the flange for alignment i just think i need a little more confidence that im lined up right and the little extra really helps me at address. but the alignment is really good on the heel shafted huey. it looks so much better in the sunlight.

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Very nice Buck. I love my Custom Huey, the headshape just really fits my eye. Plus, there really is nothing like a Mills as far as feel and sound goes.

so i am really torn on what is going to be my gamer this season. or at least to start the season lol both of my hueys are just really good right now the CS and heel shafted today i used my heel shafted custom and i was draining everything or tapping in for pars. its funny cause i have a SBST stroke so youd think the heel shafted wouldn't work as well but it just does. and i don't know why. none the less i guess its a good thing to have 2 putters that your putting really well with to pick from. and i have definitely made up my mind about getting a custom CS Huey in the future to match my heel shafted.

That's a sweet HC! I am waiting on my RN Fleetwood to get back from the spa. I just can't get it going with my PN Fleetwood. I know it is all in my head, but it is what it is.

had a good putting day again with the huey played 36 holes and i think i only 3 jacked the first hole of the day. still need to drain some longer putts but the feel is getting better so im expecting good things.

another great putting day with my Huey its officially my gamer for the season i may buy (well of course ill be buying) and mess with putters this season but my huey is staying in the bag all summer. only 29 putts today with 10 GIR and a couple of putts were REALLY close to going in from far away. Gonna keep working with this and hopefully ill be lights out putting with it sooner rather than later its amazing how hard work and practice can change your putting i NEVER thought id be putting as well as i am right now. feels great almost as good as the feedback from my TP Mills!!!!

Back