rghilljr

Reaction score
Handicap
I'll throw this out there and see if you guys can help me.......I fight a slice and can play it fairly well now. I play a PING G10 9* with a standard PING regular flex shaft and hit the ball high. I know that I lose a ton of distance because of it. Besides the lessons and fitting, any suggestions that might help with this until I can get the lessons and fitting? Different shaft? higher degree driver? Anything??

Sounds like a swing flaw. It could be a bunch of things. Without video it's impossible to say.

Changing equipment wont do it dude. Fix the flaw and it will all transform for you.

Just wondering, could it be that your swing is too steep-this can cause a high ball flight and a slice cause of an over the top swing path-one way to tell is do you hit really high on the driver face or get sky marks?

I do get lessons but I can tell you I just switched to a Matrix Ozik Black Tie 7M3 this morning and it instantly made a big difference. This is a very small sample size. It could be the combination of the two but what I saw this morning I fell in love with.

Just wondering, could it be that your swing is too steep-this can cause a high ball flight and a slice cause of an over the top swing path-one way to tell is do you hit really high on the driver face or get sky marks?

That is more than likely the culprint...a steep over the top swing...but the OP needs to get to GolfTEC or work with an instructor to get it fixed....that was my problem and a couple of sessions made a big difference.

That is more than likely the culprint...a steep over the top swing...but the OP needs to get to GolfTEC or work with an instructor to get it fixed....that was my problem and a couple of sessions made a big difference.

yeah man it's very typical for people who have a steep driver to think they need less loft because they hit so high, and instead they need more and a shallower swing- I can say this because I was one of these guys-I tended to dip my head towards the target getting in front of the ball which made a steep swing as well as a high ball flight that stopped dead when it hit the ground.

If the ball starts fading on me I turn my left hand from thumb up too 2:00 o'clock .Good luck

Changing equipment wont do it dude. Fix the flaw and it will all transform for you.

No offense but that is why I asked. Do you have any suggestions of things that I could try or do other than the lessons and fitting at this time. I have seen your play via the MC replay and would appreciate anything that you have to offer.

If the ball starts fading on me I turn my left hand from thumb up too 2:00 o'clock .Good luck

I was actually going to suggest something along the same lines. I fought a bad push all last year, repositioned my thumb, and unfortunately, this year, turned that push into a pull. You might try this first, before you start bailing on equipment.

slide your left foot up a little it helped my slice and now i hood the clubface just a bit well my driver. oh unless you are lefty then its your right foot.

without seeing the swing I can assume you are hitting down on your driver pretty steeply which causes a high ball flight and sometimes a slice-I would focus on keeping your hips as dead as possible during the backswing and keeping your head behind the ball and still

I wish you could step inside my shoes for about nine holes and you would be a hooker for life :bulgy-eyes:. Don't spin out and make sure you plow through your left side like you stole something. :alien:

I played baseball and that swing natural creates a slice because of the outside to inside swing...I have fought it my entire golfing life but I have turned it into a power fade by making sure I keep my left arm glued to my armpit and I also moved closer to the ball...

Thanks guys....some good suggestions here that I can try at the range. Thanks again!!!

TBT and JB had good advice...Without seeing your swing it is impossible to give tips that willactually work. There are any number of things that can cause what you described. It could be your equipment, lower body, swing plane, shaft torque, grip, spin tilt. So the suggestions of going to golftec not only specs out your clubs but also can issolate your swing flaw.

Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. I have spent some time watching some vids and reading and you guys that offered suggestions and advice were spot on. I am to steep on my swing. Thanks to Golf-tec in the Ask the Pros section as well. I have some drills that I can work on and hopefully correct this and gain that yardage that I am losing on my drives. Thanks again!

It's an absolute Guess on what your doing wrong without viewing your Grip, Setup and Posture. It can also be counter productive accepting swing advice from someone whose swing model is different that yours. Ie... One Plane vs Two Plane or Rotary vs Ballard type move.

A qualified set of Eyes is your true answer. However, I'm sure you already know this.

Back