Travel Thread: Ultimate Club Testing with Titleist

DMoney79

War Damn Eagle!!
Reaction score
Handicap
We can coordinate all travel plans here for the upcoming event.

I am driving to Orlando Friday morning about a 6 hour drive, and can pick anyone up from the airport if needed.

Thanks for setting this up. I am probably coming in Thursday night and leaving Sunday around 7pm. If anyone wants to split an Uber to the airport on Sunday let me know.

I'm about four hours away so I'll be driving in on Friday and leaving whenever on Sunday. Anyone thinking about playing somewhere Friday?

I'm about four hours away so I'll be driving in on Friday and leaving whenever on Sunday. Anyone thinking about playing somewhere Friday?

I could be convinced to play Friday. I don't know much about Orlando golf and where would be good.

All I know are the resorts. I bet Chris would have a good idea, if we can talk him out of work that Friday. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

All I know are the resorts. I bet Chris would have a good idea, if we can talk him out of work that Friday. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

i hate work, but i do like golf...

how many guys are interested?

Well, I don't want to speak for anyone else, but you are. mike-g is coming in Thursday, so maybe? Not sure when the others are getting in.

best course close to reunion is championsgate. there is the international, national and country club. country club is the easiest, i would say international is the hardest.

a little more toward bfe there is providence which is decent.

not too far away is grand cypress which is always fun but can get crowded especially on a friday.

ritz isn't too far away either and it's very nice and challenging but probably pricey.

then there are the disney courses including celebration and tranquilo. tranquilo is very nice but probably getting expensive that time of year.

farther distance but less travel time is orange county national which should have both courses open by that time and if i lie i can say we're all orange county residents and get a ridiculously good rate for a great course.

lots of options in orlando. the golf in orlando is good to very good, but outside the private clubs and a few public gems like reunion not much of it is excellent imho.

EDIT: didn't mean to make it sound like reunion isn't good, it is actually really good. orlando has a huge number of golf courses, but only a handful of really nice courses.

Last edited:
I didn't even know there was a new course at Championsgate. I always preferred the International to the National there.

I didn't even know there was a new course at Championsgate. I always preferred the International to the National there.

Same name, completely different ownership. Actually a pretty decent course too, will be a lot better when they operate out of a clubhouse and not a temporary trailer.

i don't know when it was opened, maybe the last 5-7 years. it's almost always in really good shape, and score-able.

depending on if you gentlemen need a 4th or 3rd or ? I am not far away and normally home on Fridays and take any excuse to play.

i don't know when it was opened, maybe the last 5-7 years. it's almost always in really good shape, and score-able.

I was there in the last couple years and had no clue, thought it was still just the International and [yawn]National[/yawn].

I have reached out to my contact at Championsgate to get two times for the morning of the 27th. I will just need to know who is in.

I was there in the last couple years and had no clue, thought it was still just the International and [yawn]National[/yawn].

as wardy said, it's related in name only. it's not on property, but close by. and for as nice as it is, they're operating out of a trailer right now. but it's a really fun course and usually in excellent shape.

I have reached out to my contact at Championsgate to get two times for the morning of the 27th. I will just need to know who is in.

If its Tony or Patrick tell them to return an email sometime, they might get business sent their way :)

As per usual, Freddie is the man.

I'm not sure when everyone is getting in, but I can make anything work.

If its Tony or Patrick tell them to return an email sometime, they might get business sent their way :)

It’s John the tournament director. We’ve been friends for 10 plus years

Guys Championsgate is out. They have 420 rounds that Friday.

I'm in just will have to be around 12pm tee time got a 6 hr drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opened in 2015. It’s tough when the wind blows, but it plays usually really firm and fast so that’s always a treat in FL

what? Did they snub PartyPlanner441? That's not cool, who do they think they are?

what? Did they snub PartyPlanner441? That's not cool, who do they think they are?

Pfft their loss, my feelings aint hurt

Pfft their loss, my feelings aint hurt

Did you start your email with “I’m kind of a big deal, please see attached Hall of Fame tags for a reference”?

Sorry for the late response. I'm in for Friday golf

Back