Travel Thread: Ultimate Club Testing with Titleist

I agree CG is closer but you said it was booked solid, just trying to help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He said championsgate was booked, as in the resort. Championsgate country club, different animal :)

Gotcha, have not played it yet. Checked there last month and they wanted $60, maybe that has changed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bueler? Anyone have a response to my question?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't get in until 3 pm Friday afternoon.
My question.... if we are getting irons, are you bringing an extra set? Or do you plan on cramming 2 sets into 1 bag and travel bag?
I was only planning on bringing everything but irons in the bag.

Since you get in so late, I wouldn’t bring your irons.

ATTENTION DUDES WHO WOULD BE IN FOR AN AFTERNOON ROUND ON FRIDAY 10/27:

it's friday afternoon. lots of orlando's finest will be teeing it up so sh1t's gonna be slow. be prepared to walk off the course in time to shower and get ready for the meet and greet with titleist. titleist is going to be presenting us with some shiny new badass irons, the least we can do is be somewhat presentable and not smell like a foot.

i'm not sure what time the festivities kick off on friday evening. an afternoon round starting at 1pm will be at least 4 hours, and traffic blows that time of day. reunion or champions gate country club may be the only options, or might just need to meet at the bar instead.

thoughts?

So you think I will be out of luck if my flight lands at noon? Then the baggage, rent a car shuffle, probably close to 1:30, 1:45 before I'm pointed towards Reunion.

So you think I will be out of luck if my flight lands at noon? Then the baggage, rent a car shuffle, probably close to 1:30, 1:45 before I'm pointed towards Reunion.

Do what I do, if you get a round in with THPers prior to getting clubs, play out of their bag!

I don't get in until 3 pm Friday afternoon.
My question.... if we are getting irons, are you bringing an extra set? Or do you plan on cramming 2 sets into 1 bag and travel bag?
I was only planning on bringing everything but irons in the bag.

I was planning on doing the same as you, packing no irons. If I got to play Friday, which sounds like a long shot reading this thread, I was planning on renting clubs.

I was planning on doing the same as you, packing no irons. If I got to play Friday, which sounds like a long shot reading this thread, I was planning on renting clubs.
Ahh I was planning on hitting the bar!

Ahh I was planning on hitting the bar!

Always a good Idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i can't say "no" without knowing what time we have the meet and greet, but it seems like you'll be cutting it too close. i think the bar will be the place to be!

So has the non-morning Friday round fizzled?

I'm still in if I have to leave a little earlier I don't have a problem with that. Just have no idea about Orlando never golfed there so I have no idea of the layout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm out because i want to have plenty of time to get ready for the evening festivities. orlando sucks a fat one that time of day, especially on a friday. i'd be nervous as hell about being "that guy" who strolls in late to the meeting where i get free stuff.

I'm still in if I have to leave a little earlier I don't have a problem with that. Just have no idea about Orlando never golfed there so I have no idea of the layout.

happy to help with any questions

You gotta leave a lot earlier than I do, it might not be worth it to try to make a noon tee time at the very latest.

I'll be done with my round early enough and I'm willing to meet some of you out and relax before the event starts.

I'll be done with my round early enough and I'm willing to meet some of you out and relax before the event starts.

I'll be the one at the bar!

Hope some of you guys are getting in extra rounds at Reunion, just so much fun.

You gotta leave a lot earlier than I do, it might not be worth it to try to make a noon tee time at the very latest.

Yeah I want to play with the new irons anyway, don't want to leave at 4am. There will be plenty of golf that weekend!

Gentlemen, I just discovered this thread. My current flight gets in late Friday evening but I now see that's when we have the meet & greet / get the clubs. I've inquired as to the timing & itinerary as I may have to cancel a business meeting and book an earlier flight. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Gentlemen, I just discovered this thread. My current flight gets in late Friday evening but I now see that's when we have the meet & greet / get the clubs. I've inquired as to the timing & itinerary as I may have to cancel a business meeting and book an earlier flight. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

If you reschedule, I'm flying in at noon and renting a car, willing to share the ride. Since I'm getting in too late to play, I'm figuring on heading to Reunion and spend some time on the practice green. I believe the grass is Bermuda which I've never played on. I'm not saying practice will help me the way I've been putting lately but just trying to get a feel, then off to the bar in search of golfinnut and other THPers.

If you reschedule, I'm flying in at noon and renting a car, willing to share the ride. Since I'm getting in too late to play, I'm figuring on heading to Reunion and spend some time on the practice green. I believe the grass is Bermuda which I've never played on. I'm not saying practice will help me the way I've been putting lately but just trying to get a feel, then off to the bar in search of golfinnut and other THPers.

practice is overrated. the bar is underrated.

greg if you want to come earlier and get a round in somewhere close by I know a couple of places or I would not mind playing a reunion course and could most likely get the two guys that were in Jekyll to play to make 4 if needed.

greg if you want to come earlier and get a round in somewhere close by I know a couple of places or I would not mind playing a reunion course and could most likely get the two guys that were in Jekyll to play to make 4 if needed.

That'd be fun, but I've already got things up here in the morning, so I won't be getting to Orlando until the afternoon.

I leave DC at Noon and get in Orlando at 2 pm. So whoever is around there then we can find a ride, right?
Then head straight to the bar, I mean putting green.

Back