ANNOUNCEMENT Update Complete!

Played a round with some awesome people today, so missed the downtime. Thank you @GolferGal and everyone else responsible for keeping things running!

As an example, I searched “Cobra Wedges” and this is what I got:

View attachment 9206907
Hey @BigDill give the search another shot. An advanced search plugin had taken over the search button, and by default only searches titles of threads. I've switched this back to the Xenforo default search, with the option to still use advanced search.

Hey @BigDill give the search another shot. An advanced search plugin had taken over the search button, and by default only searches titles of threads. I've switched this back to the Xenforo default search, with the option to still use advanced search.
Nailed it. Working great now! Thanks for all the effort.

@GolferGal I am using the iPhone 15 pro with the camera at the stock 24MP setting. When I try to upload a picture, it says the file is too large to upload. When I toggle the camera settings to 12MP, they will upload.

@GolferGal I am using the iPhone 15 pro with the camera at the stock 24MP setting. When I try to upload a picture, it says the file is too large to upload. When I toggle the camera settings to 12MP, they will upload.
We have a limit to how big a photo can be. If they are too large it slows down the server.

We have a limit to how big a photo can be. If they are too large it slows down the server.
Understood. I will make sure I have the 12 MP setting selected for the Morgan Cup. Still takes a great picture.

Understood. I will make sure I have the 12 MP setting selected for the Morgan Cup. Still takes a great picture.
I’ve been having the same issues from my iPhone 15 standard. I can upload the picture if I take a screenshot of the picture I took.

I will need to work on this for posting pictures during live rounds and The Grandaddy.

Interesting.
Im not changing any settings and they are uploading for me.
Are you using jpg or heic if its an iphone.

Interesting.
Im not changing any settings and they are uploading for me.
Are you using jpg or heic if its an iphone.
I just tried uploading this picture and it said file was to large. But a screenshot works.
IMG_0071.jpeg

I am posting this way is there a way to change how a picture is posted?
IMG_0072.jpeg

How can you tell? I’m technologically challenged.
Ugh, a Luddite

1. Go to Settings > Camera.
  2. Tap Formats.
Then click high efficiency.

Ugh, a Luddite

1. Go to Settings > Camera.
  2. Tap Formats.
Then click high efficiency.
I am having the issue with HEIC pictures. @Hawk and I have been communicating about it since he was the only one I knew had an iPhone 15 Pro. From what I can tell, I think it has to do with how the iPhone 15 stores the pictures.

I am having the issue with HEIC pictures. @Hawk and I have been communicating about it since he was the only one I knew had an iPhone 15 Pro. From what I can tell, I think it has to do with how the iPhone 15 stores the pictures.
It has to be. Because I am looking at the size of the images that 15 Pros put out and it should not be an issue based on our software.

It has to be. Because I am looking at the size of the images that 15 Pros put out and it should not be an issue based on our software.
I just invited you tot he chat between myself and Hawk. Its definitely not a file size issue, even though that is the error that pops up. The file size on pictures with errors is smaller than those without. For example, the screenshot that Maynard posted would certainly be a larger file than the phot itself.

@JB @GolferGal

I use my browser on my Iphone and just recently I’ve noticed that I don’t have access to any commands… is there something I need to do on my end?

Attachments

• IMG_5433.jpeg
    IMG_5433.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
@JB @GolferGal

I use my browser on my Iphone and just recently I’ve noticed that I don’t have access to any commands… is there something I need to do on my end?
Read through the thread on this one.
It has been answered and its just the click of a button.

@JB @GolferGal

Hit those three dots next to the “undo” button. Then hit the button that looks like brackets

Hit those three dots next to the “undo” button. Then hit the button that looks like brackets
Thank you. I was unable to screen shot and show it while on the run.

Are the file extensions .HEIC ? It's quite possible that's not an allowed extension.

Are the file extensions .HEIC ? It's quite possible that's not an allowed extension.
I just tried with both HEIC and "Most Compatible" and had the same issue with both, receiving the "uploaded image is too big" error. 12MP uploads fine in HEIC.

I just tried with both HEIC and "Most Compatible" and had the same issue with both, receiving the "uploaded image is too big" error. 12MP uploads fine in HEIC.
If you go into your photo library, find the pictuer and hit the blue i button it should tell you how bit the image is.

Our current max upload size is 20MB which is fairly large, and should be able to handle most picutres.

If you go into your photo library, find the pictuer and hit the blue i button it should tell you how bit the image is.

Our current max upload size is 20MB which is fairly large, and should be able to handle most picutres.
Every picture that I have the issue with is around 5-6MB. If I had to guess, I think it’s unique to how the iPhone 15 is processing 24MP pictures. I’ll add you into the chat that Hawk and I had about it.

Back