UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

I just went back it’s the 7F5 so 77g.

The Purple is installed in the MAVRIK Max for some range time shortly.

I’ve read that these shafts play ‘stiff to flex’—I’m considering trying the purple but I’m typically between regular and stiff flex with most brands. I thought the Recoils I’ve played in irons in the past played a bit softer than other brands. I likely fit closer to regular flex swing speed wise but I like a pretty stiff tip.

Any thoughts/insight will be appreciated. I have no place to demo/try these locally.

thanks!

I’ve read that these shafts play ‘stiff to flex’—I’m considering trying the purple but I’m typically between regular and stiff flex with most brands. I thought the Recoils I’ve played in irons in the past played a bit softer than other brands. I likely fit closer to regular flex swing speed wise but I like a pretty stiff tip.

Any thoughts/insight will be appreciated. I have no place to demo/try these locally.

thanks!
I was playing an EF Blue R flex in my F8+, which then came over to my F9 after struggling with some other options. I was fit for the 7F4 Gunmettal, and I definitely think it has a stiffer tip feel, but not difficult to load. FWIW I play the recoils in an F4 as well, and I think @e1iterate is playing the same flex from recoil to LIN-Q also. I would start with the same flex you would usually play in Recoils.

thanks!

I am not super familiar with these and have not seen them on a cpm machine but the shaft I tried was sturdy but not overly so. It did not feel board time.

I can’t wait to get mine. Hopefully with everyone opening up slowly they can get my shipped soon.

I was playing an EF Blue R flex in my F8+, which then came over to my F9 after struggling with some other options. I was fit for the 7F4 Gunmettal, and I definitely think it has a stiffer tip feel, but not difficult to load. FWIW I play the recoils in an F4 as well, and I think @e1iterate is playing the same flex from recoil to LIN-Q also. I would start with the same flex you would usually play in Recoils.

Yes sir! I have 110 F5s in my irons and a 7F5 Gunmetal in my driver!

I am not super familiar with these and have not seen them on a cpm machine but the shaft I tried was sturdy but not overly so. It did not feel board time.
I think this is spot on. It feels stable, but not boardy.

Thanks to all of you for the insight. I think I will try a reg flex and see how it goes. I'm thinking if needed I can try tipping it a bit.

I don't think they play stiff to flex at all, but definitely a very stable shaft.... Having played both now, id say the Lin-Q gunmetal has more "feel" to it than Ventus Black. Ventus Black is more stable

I prefer the Lin-Q

Would the purple be considered a better fairway wood shaft compared to the gun metal version? No chance to try either so would be taking a big chance with a blind purchase. I know, not recommended and should get fit but pretty much the only way to scratch this itch.

Would the purple be considered a better fairway wood shaft compared to the gun metal version? No chance to try either so would be taking a big chance with a blind purchase. I know, not recommended and should get fit but pretty much the only way to scratch this itch.

Totally dependent on player. They are a bit different by design.

Totally dependent on player. They are a bit different by design.
Would it be safe to say that one is considered high launch and one low? Similar to say a diamana bf and df?

Would it be safe to say that one is considered high launch and one low? Similar to say a diamana bf and df?

The gun metal is a lower launching shaft based on profile.

I genuinely hate when I try stuff and like it... I do not need another driver shaft. But I want one..

I genuinely hate when I try stuff and like it... I do not need another driver shaft. But I want one..

In this same boat, but here I am researching LIN-Q most of the day. 💸

LINQ Blue is a BEAST. Everything I throw at it in the fw it just takes and responds. Not only does it look amazing, the damn thing is just powerful.

Gunmetal only the bag today for my Grint match. LFG.

I’ve read this whole thread and it’s mentioned a few times that these may be counterbalanced shafts but nothing definitive? Are both the purple and gun metal counter balanced shafts?

I’ve read this whole thread and it’s mentioned a few times that these may be counterbalanced shafts but nothing definitive? Are both the purple and gun metal counter balanced shafts?
They are slightly counterbalanced. I have never had much comfort with CB shafts, but I have had no issue with this shaft, and don’t notice the counterbalance at all.

Reactions: MH
Good day to be playing a purple.

20200525_152817.jpg

Dropped some HURTIN’ bombs today with this setup

759A60CD-101F-4771-86A9-1CEC9DE56FFF.jpeg

Really good driving day today. 8 of 11 fairways and 2 of the misses were run offs by a couple of feet.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

E4D0955F-9409-4DD1-B37A-05D8C8D06425.jpeg93BBF82C-9B92-4F03-AB0C-30B4FEE2DF0B.jpegAD05AEAF-4FA0-49B5-81D7-1A8C7C713F9A.jpeg

Back