UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Fun with flighting!

This is the 105 F5 in the ole 58 degree yesterday right after I built the 5-LW out. Same club, same shaft, different intents.

IMG_6256.png

I think that's the route I'm going to go. I considered getting really deep with tip weights, etc., but I'm just going to use tape as needed (if needed).

Jman is correct although he doesn't need my confirmation. I spoke with the fitters and builders at Artisan - had them build an irons set for my son and myself -- they don't do tip weights - they said lead tape is the way to go. They attempt to make it look good. Depends on the design of the iron on the back.

I've had tip weights and tungsten - you could feel the difference where they used too much. I prefer the lead tape.

I'm fine with it on my i230s

Jman is correct although he doesn't need my confirmation. I spoke with the fitters and builders at Artisan - had them build an irons set for my son and myself -- they don't do tip weights - they said lead tape is the way to go. They attempt to make it look good. Depends on the design of the iron on the back.

I've had tip weights and tungsten - you could feel the difference where they used too much. I prefer the lead tape.

I'm fine with it on my i230s
Great to know. I appreciate it!

Ferrules were ordered and some new epoxy. Decided I'm going to install my new Darts myself since the weather around here is gonna be so nice this week. All I need is some new grips and the new shafts in the DCB's should be all set.

Going 90's in 5-AW and then 105 in my two CB wedges.
Can’t wait to see how these turn out! You didn’t tell me I should just send them to you! Haha

Got out Sunday for my first round of the year and finally got to try the Recoil Dart 105's in my King Tour 8i. I loved it. Hit it so well and loved the feel. Gonna give it another round or two this weekend before making the switch in all the irons but I have a good feeling it's gonna happen.

Can’t wait to see how these turn out! You didn’t tell me I should just send them to you! Haha
I wasn't planning on doing them myself but the weather turned, it's like 70 degrees here today and it gave me an excuse to go hide out in the garage.

I wasn't planning on doing them myself but the weather turned, it's like 70 degrees here today and it gave me an excuse to go hide out in the garage.
I watched a video and was like na, ain’t for me 😂

Got out Sunday for my first round of the year and finally got to try the Recoil Dart 105's in my King Tour 8i. I loved it. Hit it so well and loved the feel. Gonna give it another round or two this weekend before making the switch in all the irons but I have a good feeling it's gonna happen.
That’s awesome to hear!

Right with ya buddy. I had them put in 6-pw.
Had a round outdoors in February, in Minnesota. I was yanking everything left including driver so swing related not shaft related.
I did manage to toss in a few good iron shots in there though. As said before, love how smooth these feel. I have another round weather permitting this weekend so hopefully I can get a better swing in play.

I remain absolutely infatuated with how easy these are to swing.

The launch is higher for me, which I’m good with, but it’s just an effortless flight that I enjoy them most.

There is not a beat up feeling, nor is there any inkling that I have to WORK to make them work.

Big fan so far in the 105 F5’s. Big fan.

I remain absolutely infatuated with how easy these are to swing.

The launch is higher for me, which I’m good with, but it’s just an effortless flight that I enjoy them most.

There is not a beat up feeling, nor is there any inkling that I have to WORK to make them work.

Big fan so far in the 105 F5’s. Big fan.
I agree with you on seeing a higher launch in my fairway wood and hybrid (Ai Smoke) from the Recoil Darts. I have a set of Recoils F4 110 Proto’s laying around. Would I lose a benefit by putting these in a set of irons versus just going Darts through the entire bag?

My custom set is at Mizuno HQ right now being built into a new set of irons.

They will be back soon and I can’t wait to see them

Anxiously awaiting the call that my reshafted irons are ready. There's many reasons for that, but I just can't wait to see what these do for me.

Anxiously awaiting the call that my reshafted irons are ready. There's many reasons for that, but I just can't wait to see what these do for me.
You’re going to love them.

My custom set is at Mizuno HQ right now being built into a new set of irons.

They will be back soon and I can’t wait to see them
paris hilton thats hot GIF

You’re going to love them.
You know how much we play with shafts/irons that aren't really ideal for us. Having a set built with my swing in mind is going to be a blessing.

You know how much we play with shafts/irons that aren't really ideal for us. Having a set built with my swing in mind is going to be a blessing.
Hell yes it is. Wise man told me a decade ago that in all we do, the best thing one can do for themselves is to have a non testing bag that is setup FOR them and their swing…

Hell yes it is. Wise man told me a decade ago that in all we do, the best thing one can do for themselves is to have a non testing bag that is setup FOR them and their swing…
Indeed! Can't tell you how many 115g, stiff steel shafts I've played over the years 😂

I’m picking up mine tomorrow. I can’t wait to swing these recoil darts. Everything I’ve heard sounds incredible with these!

Back