UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Love the sound of these. I like my current Recoils, but definitely need to check these out.

Last edited:
I hear ya, I have liked the idea of the Darts from the get go, and now to be avail in 105's? I have a set of heads these would go great in

So far the 90s feel pretty darn good. They are a different feel than the 95 Protos I have played for the better part of the last 5 years, but really darn good. A little more load to them, without any sacrifice in playability. I haven't thought of losing it or anything of the sort and are plenty firm.

So far the 90s feel pretty darn good. They are a different feel than the 95 Protos I have played for the better part of the last 5 years, but really darn good. A little more load to them, without any sacrifice in playability. I haven't thought of losing it or anything of the sort and are plenty firm.
Are you thinking between Recoil and Recoil Proto?

Are you thinking between Recoil and Recoil Proto?
Not really. DART is a different animal to me, but it seems to play stiffer than it is. Which I find interesting. I noticed it when testing the lighter variants and now here as well.

I am quickly becoming pretty smitten with what I am seeing. Its hard for me to do a direct comparison to the Recoil Protos as they were in different heads. But I have gone slightly lighter, without any fear of stability.

I am quickly becoming pretty smitten with what I am seeing. Its hard for me to do a direct comparison to the Recoil Protos as they were in different heads. But I have gone slightly lighter, without any fear of stability.
This is great to hear!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Recoil DART 90 F3/F4/F5
Recoil DART 105 F4/F5

Release date of early 2023!
And we know what shafts I’ll be playing next year!

The DART 90s I am testing paired with the Forged TEC irons are a delight. Not sure what else to say other than I was able to drop weight to 90 from the 95 Proto line and they feel just as stable through the transition and the ball flight is exactly what I am looking for.

I'm running into a dilemma - I want to pick up a set of Rogue ST OS Irons however only the DART 75 or the 780 SmacWrap are available on the Callaway site as Stiff Flex.
I need the weigh but not the flex. So I'd have to get either Soft Stepped twice for the Flex. (Think I've got that right - Checking with Danny @UST Mamiya)
Dart is a $15 per Club upgrade - SmacWrap is almost $50.
SmacWraps is what I have in Rogue X irons, so I'd like to keep things as the same as I can.

A Dart in an 85 F3 would be ideal to match the MMT's

Even though I just dropped from the Recoil 110 to Recoil 95s, I’ll be looking for these as soon as they are available.

The DART 90s I am testing paired with the Forged TEC irons are a delight. Not sure what else to say other than I was able to drop weight to 90 from the 95 Proto line and they feel just as stable through the transition and the ball flight is exactly what I am looking for.
They felt fantastic when I hit them in Alabama. Solid feel. Definitely feel stouter than my Catalyst 80 that I have in my older king forged tec (in a good way).

I have a set of irons i really want to put Graphite into and pull the steel shafts. I want 105's and wish the release for these was sooner

I have a set of irons i really want to put Graphite into and pull the steel shafts. I want 105's and wish the release for these was sooner
I have Darts in a new set of PING 425s. So far, so good! I have the 65 gram at F3. These replace PING Gs with Steelfibre 95 gram in F3. Needed to cut some weight at my advanced age as well as a softer feel as the Steelfibres are a bit stout!!!

Last edited:
Another couple of rounds at Victoria National and I am really enjoying what I am seeing out of the 90s. I was able to go lighter, and I actually think some golfers could go lighter flex as they play fairly stout.

Another couple of rounds at Victoria National and I am really enjoying what I am seeing out of the 90s. I was able to go lighter, and I actually think some golfers could go lighter flex as they play fairly stout.
I may or may not be already thinking about which irons I’d like to have with those.

I may or may not be already thinking about which irons I’d like to have with those.
Currently they are in my Forged TEC One Length irons and I am digging them so far.

How stout. I like the flex and load of the recoil smac wrap 780 f4 not a fan of the recoil 110 f4 soft stepped. I play the steel fiber currently i95s in reg flex. Are you thinking the dart 90s play stiff to flex similar to the reputation that steel fibers have. I’m in full shaft ponder.

Back