Volvik Vivid and Vivid Combi Golf Balls

Are they 2 piece or 3 piece? The front of the box on the previous version noted that it was a "3 piece premium ball".
Wasn't sure if they made it a 2 piece for 2024 - Can't find the back of the box anywhere.
@Hawk - Got the back of the box you could post?
Correction just confirmed they are 3 piece balls. My mind hears a different thing at times.

Not a fan of matte golf balls. They look, to me at least, like the kind of ball you would get at a mini-golf course. I did, however, game a non matte Volvik ball in the past and thought it performed well.

Not a fan of matte golf balls. They look, to me at least, like the kind of ball you would get at a mini-golf course. I did, however, game a non matte Volvik ball in the past and thought it performed well.
It took me a while to come around on the matte balls. I think the Volvik matte is done really well with it being a bit translucent.

I think we need a shootout between this Volvik Combi and my beloved Srixon tour divide. I want to see how they compare seeing how one is Ionomer, and the other is Urethane.

I think we need a shootout between this Volvik Combi and my beloved Srixon tour divide. I want to see how they compare seeing how one is Ionomer, and the other is Urethane.
The funny thing is, aside from how they look they are very different.

Vivid is notably firmer (in a positive way imo) and seems faster to me. QST spins much more on partial wedges. Full swing iron spin doesn't seem like there's some huge divide, which @JB seemed to back up with his on-course experience. I don't really spin full swing irons high with the spinniest balls out there either.

I really kind of dig that alignment aid and looks like they are taking dead aim at the Divide balls.

The funny thing is, aside from how they look they are very different.

Vivid is notably firmer (in a positive way imo) and seems faster to me. QST spins much more on partial wedges. Full swing iron spin doesn't seem like there's some huge divide, which @JB seemed to back up with his on-course experience. I don't really spin full swing irons high with the spinniest balls out there either.
This is pretty much dead on.
Really really different golf balls.

I really like the looks of the Vivid. I am interested to see the colors in person because they seem to stand out in the photos.

One thing I want to mention as I am going through golf balls right now is that not all finishes are the same. Maybe that is well known, maybe it isn’t, but for me now holding these in my hand and some matte from another company there is a stark difference in feel.

Back