Volvik XT Soft Golf Balls Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently, we’ve spent a great deal of time discussing Volvik’s expansive line of golf balls. While the company is probably best known in North America for its bright colors and unique designs, it’s important to know that they also offer a full line of Tour inspired golf balls. From firm to soft, three-piece to four-piece, Volvik manages to cover just about every base when it comes to this segment.

Continue reading...

Good stuff @Hawk. I really like the alignment lines in this XT Soft.

This is excellent, Hawk. I really need to give the different Tour type Volvik’s a go this season at some point, and I love that alignment feature still.

• Staff
Thanks guys. I love that alignment line as well.

For those that really enjoy the softer Tour balls, at $40 this is a must-try.

This golf ball is right up my ally in terms of swing speed. It seems similar to my beloved Tour Divide golf balls, and since I normally get the Tour Divides on sale (buy 2, or 3, get one free), the Volviks will need a sale for me to try them.

I really like what Volvik is putting out there with their recent releases. I typically prefer to play a ball on the softer side, these are intriguing. Price point is on point too.

• Staff
I really like what Volvik is putting out there with their recent releases. I typically prefer to play a ball on the softer side, these are intriguing. Price point is on point too.
This is 100% a ball you'd like.

This is 100% a ball you'd like.
Higher launching, soft, and the spin you were seeing is more than what I typically get with short irons and wedges. I'll definitely give them a go.

Great write-up, @Hawk

I am 100% intrigued by Volvik and will absolutely give some time to their tour type golf balls this season.

I've played the previous generation of this ball and I've really like it.
Less spin off the Driver kept the ball in the fairway - Felt Like I couldn't lose them.

BTW: @OldandStiff Triple Track 2.0
1710342285023.png

I've played the previous generation of this ball and I've really like it.
Less spin off the Driver kept the ball in the fairway - Felt Like I couldn't lose them.

BTW: @OldandStiff Triple Track 2.0
View attachment 9248451
seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Playing catch up here, but I just want to say that these balls are really good.
I tested a sleeve in the tech studio and just about every facet was what I look for. Plenty fast, great spin and feel fantastic.

Just catching up on some things I missed this week, which includes this one. This ball sounds pretty interesting. although I am slightly outside of their SS recommendation (that's my flex for the day). Seems like it would compare nicely to QST, which is a ball I've played and enjoyed quite a bit int he past.

One thing that hit me within the article is that you talked about the shade of white. Srixon used to have, what I thought, was the whitest golf ball out there and it was noticeable to me on those early morning rounds when there is some dew in the rough and the sun is low.

Would like to see the yellow on this one.
Like the sound of a higher flight too.

Good stuff. I’d try them.

Great write up. Too expensive for me right now, but looks like a great premium option. What’s the compression on these?

I’m rather content with my Maxfli Softfli but the more the merrier.

Great write up. Too expensive for me right now, but looks like a great premium option. What’s the compression on these?

I’m rather content with my Maxfli Softfli but the more the merrier.
70 compression.

In Florida for some golf and sun...went to the local PGATSS and found these so I thought I would give them a try. These are very close to one of my favorite balls the Wilson Duo-Professional. Just slightly firmer but has the same spin and feel around the green. Will take these on my next round, hoping for positive results.

Last edited:
Played 9 holes at a par 3 course (what better way is there to test your short game?). My main focus was the short game and how it feels off the wedges. I can honestly say that these spin very good maybe is the AVX range and definitely better than some urethane balls out there. Distance was good but I really didn't compare it to anything else this morning. This is my first time with Volvik other than the ones I find on the course which frankly aren't too many. BTW putting was no different than other urethane type balls. Again, was very surprised with this ball. I'll post again when I get some driver and iron numbers.

Played 9 holes at a par 3 course (what better way is there to test your short game?). My main focus was the short game and how it feels off the wedges. I can honestly say that these spin very good maybe is the AVX range and definitely better than some urethane balls out there. Distance was good but I really didn't compare it to anything else this morning. This is my first time with Volvik other than the ones I find on the course which frankly aren't too many. BTW putting was no different than other urethane type balls. Again, was very surprised with this ball. I'll post again when I get some driver and iron numbers.
Great to hear some feedback - thank you.

Get any sense for feel?

Was going to snag a box of these in yellow but with the buy 3 get one free taking ProV's down to $41 per box with the promo, I am going that route and holding off on these for now.

Back