Well ,I let my long time golfer brother talk me into going golfing ......

Darin

Reaction score
and I am into to it "purty" deep. Anyway, I live in Leesville SC now was raised around golf my whole life , both my bro who has shot as low as 71 and at the age of 64 is shooting 72-78 and my dad whom is 85 has shot his age several times even when he was 72 years old . Dad lives at Lake Lure NC and plays quite often. I myself have Ankylosing Spondylitis and a crooked left arm that will go about 80% strait ( but I am a lefty) and really started golfing in the later part of Sept 21. My goal was to break 90 in a year. I have shot an 81 and an 84 but generally around 87 to 92 which is not too bad I suppose. I cannot hit it far , I struggle to hit a 7 Iron 125 yards When I was younger , Dad and family were members at Persimmon Hill near Saluda SC . While they golfed, I used to hunt for golf balls while fishing the ponds at Persimmon Hill and never was interested in golfing. Fun fact, my Dad used to land his plane on the 18th fairway at Persimmon Hill.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP from Pennsylvania!

:welcome:

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome, this game can be bewitching, Darin

sorry, old guy here, couldn’t help myself.

and I am into to it "purty" deep. Anyway, I live in Leesville SC now was raised around golf my whole life , both my bro who has shot as low as 71 and at the age of 64 is shooting 72-78 and my dad whom is 85 has shot his age several times even when he was 72 years old . Dad lives at Lake Lure NC and plays quite often. I myself have Ankylosing Spondylitis and a crooked left arm that will go about 80% strait ( but I am a lefty) and really started golfing in the later part of Sept 21. My goal was to break 90 in a year. I have shot an 81 and an 84 but generally around 87 to 92 which is not too bad I suppose. I cannot hit it far , I struggle to hit a 7 Iron 125 yards When I was younger , Dad and family were members at Persimmon Hill near Saluda SC . While they golfed, I used to hunt for golf balls while fishing the ponds at Persimmon Hill and never was interested in golfing. Fun fact, my Dad used to land his plane on the 18th fairway at Persimmon Hill.

Well, I let my long time tennising brother talk me into going tennising.....

Welcome to our game. I hope you really enjoy it.

If you want to play with the cool kids, however, try not to say "golfing."
It's not like bowling or fishing. "Golf" is not a verb.

Somebody had to tell me that back in the 60s! Just trying to help out.:)

Welcome. Do a google search on Calvin Peete he had a left arm that didn't straighten and was a successful professional golfer.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Leesville? That's just down the road from me.:cool:

Welcome to THP !! Have fun with the game and the social bonds that it can help create. Cheers!

PS- My brother has AS and while his back isn’t what it once was can still put a good move on the ball. I’m assuming you’re on one of the biologic meds… to help keep it in check? Keep active!

Welcome to THP! Can't wait to hear about your golf experiences in the forum. Be active, I promise you won't regret it.

Welcome to THP!

As a fellow new-ish guy...

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

Back