What are you building? (Club style)

It's easy, go slow, heat is your friend. You shouldn't have to "pull" the heads off, they should slide off. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask

When I did my wedges I go a little antsy, so this time I'm going to take my time and do it right. Should be a lot of fun and thank you. If I have any questions I'll be sure to ask you.

Put New Shafts in my Fairway Woods .. 3, 7, and 9

Put New Shafts in my Fairway Woods .. 3, 7, and 9

Just some cheapo Velocity shafts that I got from Henrico Golf. 10 bucks apiece .. nice lil experiment.
Took the mid kick stiff out and installed the low kick regulars .. Seems turning 62 requires a softer tip lol.
I'm hitting the shaft higher and gained better control. The 9 wood was just added 2 weeks ago,
as the 3 and 4 irons are now retired .. MUCH better accuracy and lands like a butter-fly with sore feet! :act-up:

x964.jpg

7omj.jpg

Hoping to find a x2hot 23* pro hybrid head so I can build my potential 4 iron replacement

What are you thinking about building deuce?
Found this on GolfWorks. Maltby Pure Track.

Based on some recent experimenting, I think I'm going to stick with a center shafted mallet. Want something a bit more hefty than the STX ProFIT 6 I am gaming right now, and the Pure Track would fit the bill at 450 grams. Will counter balance it (at that weight I figure this is a must!), and hope it rolls as smoothly as the STX does. The only thing that concerns me is the 74 degree lie, as my instructor thinks I am more of a 71-72 degree.

Question for you club builders out there. I'm looking to put a heavier shaft in my RBZ Stage 2 tour fairway but noticed that its a .350 tip on the taylormade website. The shaft I'm looking at (Aldila RIP Phenom or Phenom NL) are both .335 tip. Can I find an adapter that will fit a .335 tip into the .350 non-tp RBZ head?

Question for you club builders out there. I'm looking to put a heavier shaft in my RBZ Stage 2 tour fairway but noticed that its a .350 tip on the taylormade website. The shaft I'm looking at (Aldila RIP Phenom or Phenom NL) are both .335 tip. Can I find an adapter that will fit a .335 tip into the .350 non-tp RBZ head?

Yes, just use a shim.

Yes, just use a shim.

Have been doing a little research and have seen both .335 and .350 adapters for the RBZ stage 2, I'm assuming they'd both fit in the head just fine, and I'd be able to install it on the shaft with out the need for a shim?

Just put a CTL into a Altitude DW head.

Interested in learning how to build and re-grip, so I thought I'd start somewhat simple (I think).

Bought Nike flex loft shaft adapter and Grafalloy Pro Launch Red shaft 65g...going to cut driver to 45" and grip with a tour velvet. Should play a little heavier than the stock Kuro Kage which I like. Plan on lofting way up with the low spin head combined with the low launching shaft. Should be fun and if it goes well I'll start getting into pulling shafts and re-gripping on my own.

Just cut down and regripped my project x shaft I had laying around for the driver. On friday I'm putting extentions into my buddy's MP-69 irons for him. After that I have a thought of tipping the shafts on my Amp Cell irons .5" because I wanted them a little shorter and slightly stiffer. Although I might just sell them since so far I'm really enjoying the Amp Cell Pros that I put recoils in. Once you start messing around with clubs it just doesn't stop.

Finished installing kbs tours on j40 cbs. Green ferrules and green lamkin ilines
a2e6edy6.jpg

Well today I start the undertaking of removing all 18 shafts from the clubs I want to switch. Hopefully I can put everything back together by Sunday.

Very cool thread - over the winter I took out the stock Stiff shaft in my R11S and installed a Matrix Black Tie w/Adapter and installed a Golf Pride Tour Wrap grip - love the consistency!

Outside of this, just installed New Decade Red MC grips and SuperStroke Slim 3.0 Grips (Not done by me - done by GolfSmith - didn't have the time to do it myself)

Going to build an iron with a Aldila VS Proto 85 in it tomorrow evening. Will pop it in a random GI head with a .355 hosel. SW to D4 and see how it feels and what kind of results I get.

Going to build an iron with a Aldila VS Proto 85 in it tomorrow evening. Will pop it in a random GI head with a .355 hosel. SW to D4 and see how it feels and what kind of results I get.

Hawk I loved the feel of the VS proto shaft. I played it in my hybrids for a while but the shaft ended up being a bit too spinny for me. I threw one in my 3i to mess around the range with and it launches the ball perfectly. Good luck with them!

Well I tried to start today and ran into a small snafu. My hear gun is either really low powered or the epoxy is really good.

I have some of the high impact epoxy on my old wedges and tried to pull the shaft and it wouldn't budge. Held the gun on the head for 15+ mins and nothing. If it's going to take that long per club I'll get this project done next year. Haha.

Hope it goes better later tonight.

Well I tried to start today and ran into a small snafu. My hear gun is either really low powered or the epoxy is really good.

I have some of the high impact epoxy on my old wedges and tried to pull the shaft and it wouldn't budge. Held the gun on the head for 15+ mins and nothing. If it's going to take that long per club I'll get this project done next year. Haha.

Hope it goes better later tonight.

A mini torch is a must! Less than 10 bucks and well worth it

A mini torch is a must! Less than 10 bucks and well worth it

Yeah it looks like this might have to happen.

Do you have any problems with discoloration though?

Looks like I will have to stop on the way home tomorrow and snag one.

Dont forget butane. Smoker friendly is your friend lol

Dont forget butane. Smoker friendly is your friend lol

Just a quick look and I am not really sure what I would need. Which one do you have?

Back