What are you building? (Club style)

Pipe cutter to cut them. No idea how to get the SW right without a scale.

7478133-23.jpg

How much are you going to cut them? Nice thing about the TM irons is that they come in on the higher end of SW to start with, so you have a little breathing room.

That's pretty slick...Now to find a scale to weigh all my peices...lol

How much are you going to cut them? Nice thing about the TM irons is that they come in on the higher end of SW to start with, so you have a little breathing room.

Not 100% sure yet, but I'll probably be cutting them at least 1 1/2". The TM clubs seem to be a half inch longer than everyone else too, so might be a full 2". The specs on their website list them at D2.5

Ahh must have dropped them from the RocketBladez.

That's a huge drop in length. Were you fit for that? I'd be more conservative.

Also, they aren't really longer than any other GI iron.

Ahh must have dropped them from the RocketBladez.

That's a huge drop in length. Were you fit for that? I'd be more conservative.

I haven't truly been fit, but I'm 5'5" and it seems like that's about how far I wind up choking down to get in a comfortable set up position.

I've made some posture changes in the last year and struggled with it some. I could keep play them longer and go to probably 2* flat but I seem to struggle with contact the further out I put the ball from my body.

I could see a 1/2" short, but 1-1/2 to 2" is a huge change. Sounds like you need the lie angles changed too.

I could see a 1/2" short, but 1-1/2 to 2" is a huge change. Sounds like you need the lie angles changed too.

Maybe I should see a fitter. I can tell you on my rocketbladez tours that I was choked down more than inch. I had them 1* flat too.

Yea that might be worth a try for sure. Just would be a shame to spend the money and time and then end up with irons that were way too short.

If my math is right wont an inch and half short make them play a degree or two upright as well. When you start taking off huge sections of club like that, its a dominio effect. Not only that its going to change the flex profile of the shaft as well. This isn't a big a deal in steel as graphite, but it is something else to consider. Another thing to consider as well is that arm length has more to do length of the club than your overall height.

Yea that might be worth a try for sure. Just would be a shame to spend the money and time and then end up with irons that were way too short.

The other thing I hate is that once I cut them down that much, if I want to sell them next year, they're hard to sell and the value is lower.

If my math is right wont an inch and half short make them play a degree or two upright as well. When you start taking off huge sections of club like that, its a dominio effect. Not only that its going to change the flex profile of the shaft as well. This isn't a big a deal in steel as graphite, but it is something else to consider. Another thing to consider as well is that arm length has more to do length of the club than your overall height.

At my height, when I choke down that far - it seems they're either standard lie or maybe 1* flat.

Watching and learning how to build and shaft irons. My friend has all the tools. We've been using the green label true temper sensicore lite steel shafts in some of the heads we ordered from Australia. It's cool to see him work and this is a craft that takes a little time to master. Cool choices in ferrules, grips and lie/length and how he does it. I'm the official tester, but I get to learn a skilled craft in the process. He's even got a frequency tuning machine for shafts. I'm lucky to know this guy he'll get ke started into a new hobby. I just need to learn more and invest in the tools and equipment it takes to become a master club builder.

Finishing up a Nike CT 2.0 with UST Attas elements DK. The red and green looks god-awful. I'll have to get a pic up here sometime soon!

Tonight deshafted (is that a word...?) and installed new shafts and ferrules.
2ebegyva.jpg

Tomorrow... Grips!
besygyba.jpg

Tonight deshafted (is that a word...?) and installed new shafts and ferrules.
2ebegyva.jpg

Tomorrow... Grips!
besygyba.jpg
Those look eerily similar to my MC setup. Dpcs with powder blue ferrules and blue ace 3gens!!!

Finished!
ydyramun.jpg

Electric blue Lamkin REL 3 Gen midsize grip, blue ferrules, true temper XP 95 shafts.

LOVE how they turned out!

My Si5 showed up today so now I need to figure out what I want to do with it, it is one of the belly putter specials from Golfsmith.

Nice work CJ, they look great.

I haven't started mine yet but I have some TT DGPro shafts, TM TP CB heads and some Lamkin UTx grips to be built up. Hopefully ill be able to find some time on Monday to start them.

just finished putting together my taylormade rocket bladez tour and tp mb with dgpro x100 with some nice white/green niion grips20140711_075602.jpg

Extending my pair of M3's to 36" finally on this rainy and dreary day.

Just picked up a XHP 3Deep head for a great price. Got a Read Board I'm going to drop in. Need to cut to length and grab a ferrule and Tour Wrap tomorrow then throw it together...

Back