What are you building? (Club style)

Reshafted my Titleist U-500 3 &4 irons and my G410 Hybrid with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve shafts, I am really happy with the heavier weight and the mid high launch I'm getting with them.

Put a Chrome + in a Hogan adapter. Last chance for it to knock the Srixon out of the bag

Finally decided on shafts for my UHX’s

b43732d825b726520b5b84c2e4d169e7.jpg

Decided to swap out the Project X 6.5 Rifle shafts out of my T200's for some awfully sweet feeling Oban CT125's. Liked the feel so much, I am also putting them in my new Callaway MD5 wedges which will be replacing my Vokey SM6's.

Decided to swap out the Project X 6.5 Rifle shafts out of my T200's for some awfully sweet feeling Oban CT125's. Liked the feel so much, I am also putting them in my new Callaway MD5 wedges which will be replacing my Vokey SM6's.

I'm loving the CT 125's, I replaced the Project X LZ's with them and have been much happier with the ball flight.

I'm loving the CT 125's, I replaced the Project X LZ's with them and have been much happier with the ball flight.

When I first hit my first 5 shots, it was immediately clear that the Oban was loading and unloading much better in time with my swing than the PX was. It was so obvious that the sound of the ball of the face changed. It was crazy. Really looking forward to get a round in on them. To bad its beginning of winter up here.

Thinking my wedges might need a catalyst make over

I thought you already decided that earlier this week! Haha

Shafts arrived yesterday. Got them built today

THP Lab building this week will be a set of CF19 irons with Recoil 95 Protos.

Set of embargoed irons with KBS S-Taper

Two drivers getting new shafts.

Building up the new Stability Tour putter shaft for THP review.

Literally.

Had to get the tip epoxied in last night, today it will install onto one of my SWAG Tour putters.

20191118_155356.jpg

Gap wedges to match the Apex and Apex pros. Last pro head should be here in a couple hours to finish it up. Thankfully, because I need my work space back! And I'm playing tomorrow and want to test them out.

View attachment 8915409

Gap wedges to match the Apex and Apex pros. Last pro head should be here in a couple hours to finish it up. Thankfully, because I need my work space back!

Man I loved my Apex Pros. It was a damn hard decision to move the Titleist T200's. The Apex Pro's are still one of my favorite looking irons.

Man I loved my Apex Pros. It was a damn hard decision to move the Titleist T200's. The Apex Pro's are still one of my favorite looking irons.

I think I might have goofed buying the combo a couple weeks ago. I basically have both full sets already now because I love those pros.

Trying to find something to throw in this for second driver option

6ac443b263e014ab9680e7ff8b54becb.jpg

Will be building up a Honma TW 737p 4 iron this week. Modus tour 105 will be going in it

Building a set of unnamed iron heads with a set of Nippon shafts tomorrow.

Customer 4hcp @ Admrils Cove has PXG gen2 irons / Modus3 105 S, Gen 1 driver / Aldila Rogue 6s

to
Yonex 2012 Ezone MB blades / Kbs tour R110 HS & Mitzy St190 / Tour Ad GP 6s

Just sent PXG packing... Irons longer straighter, Driver +10y straighter

All spec's the same LLL etc

Homna was there doing demos, I said did you try those NOPE!

Last edited:
Built a set of irons for my buddy to try tonight. We hung out for a few hours and I got to show him the process.

I love sharing this experience with people. I think there's a much stronger connection to your clubs when you participate in the construction.
I could not agree more with this. It adds a whole new dimension to the hobby. Helps you understand the equipment much better. Plus experimenting is a blast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's nice to find ancient posts from people you've never met but still trust to give you the confidence to start cutting down a putter.

Now I just need to get some tape and solvent.

Building St190 9.5 / Graphite Design Tour Ad-VR 6s @ 45.75. Head 196g. Be interesting to see the LA/Carry for a Low hcp senior player. Sb a 'Bomber' combo!

Need to learn to build my own clubs. Planning to get a Ping 410 tip on my AD IZ 6X. Also may pickup a Rogue 110 6X at the local shop. They are selling them for $99 which appears to be a solid price.

Back