What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been on a huge King's X & related albums kick lately, this is from one of their guitarist's solo efforts. All three band members have their own solo/side projects, and they're all insanely good. One of the most underrated bands of all time IMHO.

You can blame this on the Sopranos.

Jenny Says - Cowboy Mouth
Love Cowboy Mouth! I've seen them live about 7 times and their shows are incredible!

Love Cowboy Mouth! I've seen them live about 7 times and their shows are incredible!
I've only seen the live once, and couldn't remember if I knew them or not ... but once they broke out into Jenny Says, I knew I knew them. Pretty energetic performance out of them!

I've only seen the live once, and couldn't remember if I knew them or not ... but once they broke out into Jenny Says, I knew I knew them. Pretty energetic performance out of them!
I've had Fred's sweat slung on me many a time. They used to play quite frequently at the House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach when I lived in that area.

I've had Fred's sweat slung on me many a time. They used to play quite frequently at the House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach when I lived in that area.
They must still frequent the area because they played outside the Hard Rock Cafe at Broadway at the Beach when I saw them.

They must still frequent the area because they played outside the Hard Rock Cafe at Broadway at the Beach when I saw them.
Probably. They were always popular in Charleston and played there often to. Cookie is a fan as well. Told him I haven't seen them is quite a few years and that needed to change in 2015. Keeping an eye on their tour schedule.

Working at home due to weather, so playing tunes somewhat loudly. Mostly Collective Soul, Linkin Park, and Drivin n Cryin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no rhyme or reason to my playlist. Lately it has been a lot of Tool and Dream Theater (Alt. Prog Metal), Built to Spill (Indie), Peter Gabriel (Prog), and Duran Duran (New Wave Pop). The only common thread I can think of is all have very strong rhythm sections. Or that I'm weird. Probably the latter.

Lately for me, my car stereo has been loaded with the following discs:

1) Dark Tranquillity - Character (melodic death metal)
2) Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
3) Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods (melodic death metal)
4) Dark Tranquillity - Construct
5) Scar Symmetry - The Singularity (melodic death metal)
6) Opeth - Watershed (prog metal)

Pretty much all of it is either progressive rock or progressive metal. Definitely in a proggy mood lately.

Lately for me, my car stereo has been loaded with the following discs:

1) Dark Tranquillity - Character (melodic death metal)
2) Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
3) Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods (melodic death metal)
4) Dark Tranquillity - Construct
5) Scar Symmetry - The Singularity (melodic death metal)
6) Opeth - Watershed (prog metal)

Pretty much all of it is either progressive rock or progressive metal. Definitely in a proggy mood lately.

You are the last person I thought would listen to death metal! (I don't mean that in a bad way - just more of a surprise...:D)

You are the last person I thought would listen to death metal! (I don't mean that in a bad way - just more of a surprise...:D)

Hahaha everybody says that! Being a guitar player I got into it because of the great guitar playing. I generally stick to the melodic stuff though, with awesome guitar leads and some clean singing mixed in.

The fun part is when somebody's sitting in my car and the CD changes from melodic death metal to country...I get the best looks!

I have no rhyme or reason to my playlist. Lately it has been a lot of Tool and Dream Theater (Alt. Prog Metal), Built to Spill (Indie), Peter Gabriel (Prog), and Duran Duran (New Wave Pop). The only common thread I can think of is all have very strong rhythm sections. Or that I'm weird. Probably the latter.

You gotta be careful listening to Built to Spill while driving. I usually end up four lanes over when songs end and don't know how I got there.

This morning I listened to 94.1 WIP out of Philadelphia in my car. Finally figured out I needed the BMW Connect App on my phone for it to work in the car, felt like I was home today - cool feeling.

The Police, have the entire Message in a Box collection loaded up into iTunes. Set to random, should last me the entire day. Currently playing Bombs Away.

Dean Martin - Best of Dino

The Beatles - White Album. Currently playing Happiness is a Warm Gun.

I recently discover the How Did This Get Made-podcast, featuring Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas and June Diane Raphael. Laughing my butt off.

99 Problems - Danger Mouse's "The Grey Album" remix (Jay Z's Black Album and the Beatles White Album)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back