What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every year on the anniversary of his passing I listen to this song a good 5-6 times, one of my favorite solos of all time.

[video=youtube;5UGtal-nkpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UGtal-nkpw[/video]

Blank Space thanks to my daughter.

Rage Against the Machine "Bulls on Parade" as I do some pharmacy configuration.

Dave Matthews Band playlist on Amazon streaming

Hall & Oates

Joe Diffie

LOTS of Tom Petty.

Ben Folds Five while crossing over from SC to GA. Playing beat the clock to make it home to my wife and daughter while it is still Christmas day.

Black Keys

Black Keys
Hmm…it's been a while. I might fire them up on Youtube.

I don't know much about them, but I dig "The Girl Is On My Mind."

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals. One of my favorites.

Now the Day is Over - Nursery rhyme album by The Innocence Mission. Can hear it playing in the sons room.

98 KUPD out of Phoenix. Great radio station if you like harder, modern rock.

[video=youtube;8aQz-aKvyQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aQz-aKvyQU&index=3&list=PLKcGEIO7V0rV0y2vf-fHurKUsltDML5fX[/video]

I've been wanting something different to listen to, after checking a few tracks I picked this album up today. I'm really liking it so far, great vocals and the electronics are just subtle enough to make me feel like I'm not listening to dance music :)

Spent New Years Eve listening to a 5-CD collection of the Kinks (m wife's family is pretty big on the Kinks). They did have a lot of great songs and some of the most iconic guitar riffs in rock history. Dave Davies might have been the first person to use distortion as a standard guitar sound.

Even so, it will be nice to travel back out of the time warp & into the modern world. I feel kind of sad for people like my sister-in-law: she has made the decision that she will not listen to or enjoy any new music; she says she only has time for her old stuff. People like her miss out on a ton of great new artists. My wife and I never could understand this attitude. I love the stuff I grew up on too, but I would lose my mind if I had to listen to nothing but Springsteen et al. non-stop!

I set Pandora to John Lee Hooker this morning and I am enjoying my coffee to some great blues music.

My guilty pleasure artist, Bruno Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back