What are your personal thoughts on graphite iron shafts?

Hitting a certain utility iron at #PersonalDistance that had the Kuro Kage in it has changed my thoughts a little. For the better

Believer - BUT - i still need to find right ones:
1 - Aerotech - didn't love 'em,little too stout;
2 - Fuji Fit-ons 270 - really too tip soft for me;
3 - Matrix Ozik Program 8.1 ("made for" in Adams CMBs) - jury still out:
4 - Veylix - felt pretty nice - a possibilty;
Most Interested In:
5 - Miyazaki - love the hybrid shaft, haven't found any to stick in an iron to try;
6 - Recoils - Highest on my list to try, unfortunately, local Club Champion didn't bother to get in the F3s

Believer. As I was trying graphite iron shafts in the late 90's long before the technology came around. But I'm not a user nor will be for the forseeable future. What I have is perfect for me and I see no reason change or try...

believer, but the irony is that I believe pure per unit cost wise, graphite is actually cheaper than steel...but the lack of adoption and lower sales make the total cost more expensive because of the fixed manufacturing and R&D costs. At least that's one theory I've heard which makes sense to me.
High quality composites are much more expensive than steel.

Definitely a believer. I've played both graphite and steel about 50/50 the last couple of years. The graphites keep getting better and better, and not just the top entries (i.e. Recoil, Aerotech), but even some of the lighter weight graphite iron shafts perform well.

I'm definitely a believer, but I don't see a huge difference between the steel shafts that worked for me and graphite that I've tried. So at the end of the day it's really a cost issue.

I've tried them and I'm a believer. They are legit and can hold up to steel in every aspect IMO.

Now to find the one that's right for me....another issue.

Would like to go through a Matrix iron fitting as I get along with their driver/hybo shafts very well.

Once a skeptic, now a believer. I've got the recoil 110s in my MIzunos and it's better than anything I've ever played from a swing feel perspective. Also, the lack if fatigue on my hands is priceless. I can hit 300 balls and the hands and wrists feel as good on number 300 as They did on number 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a believer and user. Probably 15 years ago I had graphite shafted Big Bertha irons. Kept them one season because they had absolutely no feel, and went back to steel. This year I got fitted with graphite shafted Ping G25's and they feel and perform great. The price wasn't TOO much more than steel, if you consider keeping them a few years.

believer. I bought my set for $219

Was a naysayer until I became active on THP a little over a year ago. Now a believer. Will seriously consider, and likely lean towards, going graphite when getting new irons in 2015.

Believer! Love my graphite shafts in my irons. Only accuracy problem is my swing. I can hit a heavy steel shafted wedge as far offline as I can my graphite long irons.

Definitely a believer. I would really like to make the switch this year.

JM

I love them and want them. I said in the past that I think you can do more on the tech side with graphite than you can with steel and that can only benefit the user. I have always been a fan of the feel they have. The cost of some of the high end ones are going to turn off a lot of people.

I haven't tried any yet but would love to. From what I've read they seem good, just wish they didn't cost so much!!

Believer and huge fan of them

I believe that there will be a time when they overtake steel in sales in custom ordered irons. I also believe that we will be able to get a more fine tuned/custom shaft for a specific player.

I'm a believer, not because they're easier on the body, but because I get better flight out of them than steel shafts, and they simply better reward good swings. I think as they offer fitting options that better match a player's swing profile, they'll become still more popular. I don't think I'll ever game a set of steel shafts again.

Love them.. Don't love their price tag.

I am dying to hit some Adams XTD with Ozik's in them.

I'd game some for sure...but I'd try anything once! I like the look of the matrix white, hmmm

I have never hit irons with graphite shafts so cant comment to much, but I would like to try them out and see how they go.

Believer. I have hit many that I liked. Own sets of Recoils, which I think feel very much like my favorite steel shafts, and Aerotechs which are stouter, feel very stable without any harshness. I can play steel or graphite, but practicing with steel takes its toll. Graphite is much less fatiguing for me at the range and plays just as well or better for me, so it's all upside. extra expense is the only downside.

Believer and user - have played Recoils all season.

I would love to give a set a shot, I only have a tiny bit of experience with them and I would like to do something long term before making any judgements

I'm a big fan. I'll play them any time and do.

I've never tried them. I might give them a shot when I move to the senior tees in 20 years. Seriously, I love the feel and flight of my Fg V2's with KBS Tour's so much I am unlikely to experiment with irons for at least a decade.

Back