What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Front nine played a sleeve of e5's. Lost one, threw one in the pond after my fourth three jack and the other was to scuffed to continue. But it's a great ball ... wish my swing did them justice today. On the back nine played one Duo. Still love that ball.

Hex Black. Really like it. Low spin off driver, high spin around green. Good distance and feel. Think I have a keeper.

Dan

Front 9 - Monsta ball. I really do like this ball - good distance off the driver, solid iron flight and distance, some but not too much green side spin, feels great off the putter.
Back 9 - Titleist ProV1x. Just a solid ball all around.

First night of league and found I like the pro v1x. For me it's not the longest off the tee but when I hit the green, it stayed and I really liked it. IMO I would like it a tad softer BUT, I can forsure live with it. I'll keep playing them. Used of course, can't justify new price lol

I have been playing Chrome Softs and liking them a lot but yesterday I was playing my second bag in Little Rock and I only had one in the bag. I had a bunch of 2014 e6's so I decided to play them.

Since I have been playing the CS, I've been feeling that the e6 seems a little hard/clicky/plastic-like. But I was really bombing the e6 off the tee, hit long approaches (225 2H) that held the green, chipped in for birdie from 4' off the green. Basically everything was working fine.

I'm probably getting out today and really wondering if I should pick up some more CS's to play or just stick with the e6.

This is me in reverse, I have switched to the e6 this year but have a few sleeves of CS that I am using up. I forgot to put a sleeve of e6 in my bag Wednesday so I used a sleeve of CS that I had in my car. Played very well (except for the last 4 holes, 5 over for an 82 total). My distance was very good, especially with the irons. Was only over the green on 2 holes. It felt soft off of the putter and was solid on the chips and pitches. It is a solid ball but I am still not sure if I need to spend the extra $$$ when my swing speed in getting slower each year.

Played a Nike Pro Soft for 14 holes. Same ball, had great control of it, decent distance, nice action around the green Had my lowest score ever on the 9 I played , was on my way to an even better score on the round the next day when I failed to hit the ground, hit it 30 yards beyond my intended target OB.
Switched back to the Bridgestone E7 I had loved until I randomly played the Nike ProSoft. Lost 2 balls on the next hole...

Really like the E7 but for my current swing/game the Nike Soft is the answer right now

First night of league and found I like the pro v1x. For me it's not the longest off the tee but when I hit the green, it stayed and I really liked it. IMO I would like it a tad softer BUT, I can forsure live with it. I'll keep playing them. Used of course, can't justify new price lol

Is the Pro v1 softer than the v1x??

Been hung on the Callaway super softs ... just like the way they feel ... if I ever hit a green I will let you know of it stuck or not ...:act-up:

TM Lethal is still my all time fav. Got 3 doz left. Almost don't want to play them and run out.

Anything below $25 though and I'm smitten with the Wilson50 Elite. Love that ball. and for $12 it blows my mind with its performance. I get plenty of spin, love the feel and distance.

I've been messing around with some e7's from last years @bridgestonegolf #THPMC goodie bag. These things are awesome! I have missed two Bridgestone Ball Fittings here due to travel. The e7 doesn't even come up as an option for me in the online fitting, but I am seeing very positive results with this little gem!

JM

Nike RZN White. Nice soft ball. Can't tell much difference between it and the Callaway SS. Except the Nike is $10 more. :bulgy-eyes:

Which nike ball is M Wie playing? The yellow one?

Thanks

Today was split between project a and e7. I find the new e7 feels less firm than the previous models. The ball is pretty long too. Project a is a good ball, the huge seam bothers me, but performance wise I really like it.

Q-star (yellow) today for me. Love that ball for the $$$.

Think I need to sell some balls tomorrow to fund a large purchase of these.

Q-star (yellow) today for me. Love that ball for the $$$.

Think I need to sell some balls tomorrow to fund a large purchase of these.

What are you offing?

What are you offing?

1 dozen Nike RZN black
1 dozen Chrome Soft
2 dozen B330- RX

Pulled them out of golf chest...need to take photos and start a thread.

B330 today, such a great ball for me. i like the spin I get with these, I don't spin these all over, and the distance is great.

1 dozen Nike RZN black
1 dozen Chrome Soft
2 dozen B330- RX

Pulled them out of golf chest...need to take photos and start a thread.

Holla on the RX.

Today was split between project a and e7. I find the new e7 feels less firm than the previous models. The ball is pretty long too. Project a is a good ball, the huge seam bothers me, but performance wise I really like it.
I could use the length definitely need to try those new e7 out

I played with chrome softs today for the first time. I really liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I played 18 holes with the Maxfli SoftFli's. I have to say right off the bat that I was impressed.
I thought my swing speed with the driver (103), might be too much for these balls, but I was wrong.
They felt great off the driver and irons. They did feel almost a little mushy off the putter at first, but after 3 holes into the round, I didn't notice it.
I didn't lose or gain any distance and I am not a big spinner of the ball around the green, so I didn't see any difference there.
I shot my 2nd best round of the year (76), so I know I can score well with them.
My normal ball is the Bridgestone B330-RX or the Srixon Z-Star, both are over $30 a dozen, but the SoftFli's are $19.99 at Dick's.
I probably would not have given these balls a try at all, but I won a dozen in a Twitter contest (#WouldYouRather) from Maxfli and I am glad I did.
Will they replace my other gamers? I can't say that right now, especially since I have been playing yellow balls for 3 years now. But if they ever make them in yellow, they certainly would be a consideration.

ran out of e6 today and went back to my 330-RX that I had left over from last year...and reminded why I love them. Man are they long... think I may be back to them now that the weather has warmed up.

Back