What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Please explain difference prior CS bs 2020 CS. It’s my next ball to try.
Currently I’m comparing TP5 and Bridgestone BRX. They both play almost identical. Can’t tell the difference. Only thing that I know is I seems to drive further with prior version if CS. Not much but I see around 5-10 yds on average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The previous version felt squishy to me off the driver and longer clubs. I was always shorter off the driver. The new ball has better distance and spin on iron shots. Both felt great off the putter. My swing speed I don’t really know but based on distance it’s over 105. My iron distance I’m a club longer with the new version.

Played the TP5 again today. Really just think it's a great ball. Long, good spin, feels soft but doesn't play like it's that soft, handles wind well... Honestly, if I'd had any with me I probably would have played the tp5x in today's conditions, but TP5 just keeps doing everything I want a ball to do.

TP5 again today for me. Its a nice ball but I just can't see it replacing the Pro V1x as my gamer

I have a dozen still in the box, looks like I will be seeing if anyone wants a trade for some Pro V1x's

Vice Pro has been in use the last couple rounds. It generally does everything I want it to do especially around the greens. Rolls off the putter so smooth. Switched from the TP5

Bridgestone Tour BX today. Shot my personal best score. Was it the ball? No I don’t think so, but it didn’t hurt. I’ve been a firm Z Star fan and I now have 2 balls I’d say are better. Tour BX and Chrome Soft. I’m leaning Tour BX at the moment but I’m not really sure why. It’s longer, period. The rest of the course they are pretty equal. How much longer? It’s hard to say really. Most evident on mishits more that good ones. For my game I really can’t go wrong with either ball. One isn’t available in yellow and one is. I prefer yellow when I begin my round for 4-5 holes. So I guess I’ll be playing both for a while. That said I still have 12 dozen Z Stars and I still believe they are great balls so I have no problems playing them either. That said Bridgestone and Callaway are really shining in 2020.

I played with the K-Sig 4 piece today, and they were decent. Jacked a few into the woods, but for the most part I hit them fairly straight and got my normal distance or better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Q Star Tour

I got very good distance off the tee yesterday but stopping power into greens was lacking. A PW from the 1st cut from 135 landed a foot past the hole and rolled to about 12'. An 8i playing about 150 rolled out probably 20'. Those should have been easy birdie putts but weren't. This is the first hiccup I've had with the QST.

Q Star Tour

I got very good distance off the tee yesterday but stopping power into greens was lacking. A PW from the 1st cut from 135 landed a foot past the hole and rolled to about 12'. An 8i playing about 150 rolled out probably 20'. Those should have been easy birdie putts but weren't. This is the first hiccup I've had with the QST.
Just out of curiosity, were you playing a course that you typically play? The course that I play most often has greens that are soft and slow. I typically play the QST on that course because I have found it doesn't spin as much as the Taylor Made Tour Response or a Pro V1 practice ball which I usually play on courses with firmer and faster greens. Both seem to spin more and stick a little better than the QST. Of course this is purely anecdotal evidence.

Been using the TP5 Pix lately. The feel on this ball is terrific and it flys off the club face.

I played the ProV1X for the first time yesterday and I liked it a lot. Distance and spin were great. I played the 2020 CSX last week and the ProV1X felt similar maybe the CSX had 5 more yards to it? I can now see why a lot of the pros play a ProV1X.

I had been playing the Bridgestone B330RXS as my son gave me 6 dozen end of last year. Ran out of them and got me some Callaway Chrome Soft's. Wow, that ball is nice. Great distance and nice control around the greens.

Just out of curiosity, were you playing a course that you typically play? The course that I play most often has greens that are soft and slow. I typically play the QST on that course because I have found it doesn't spin as much as the Taylor Made Tour Response or a Pro V1 practice ball which I usually play on courses with firmer and faster greens. Both seem to spin more and stick a little better than the QST. Of course this is purely anecdotal evidence.
Yes, I play the course a lot. The greens were medium. Both balls flew pretty high and left regular or medium size pitch marks. I could kinda excuse the PW because it was out of the first cut and maybe I didn't deliver the club to the ball properly. But the 8i was off a tee that was probably 1/8" above the surface. The green actually slopes a little back to front on that hole so gravity should have helped.

Was going through we old inventory... Maxfli Tour U/X played nice with great check. Great distance with very little spin off driver.

TP5X. Played this for the first time and really like this ball. Felt good off the woods and irons. Want to try the Pix version.

z-star. Felt good. I wasn’t putting enough spin on the ball, tho. I think that was more me than the ball because I did hit more than a few spinny wedge shots onto the greens. Was gonna pull out the avx but figured I’d better not...

Srixon Z-Star XV. Played so well for me last year and hit 100% FIR today however think AVX or RX might be a better fit.

A ball coming Monday and I liked it more than I expected

Had a couple good drop and stops from the Supersoft today. 110 yard gap wedge onto a par 3, the ball stopped 4" from the ball mark. I swear this ball performs better than a Surlyn ball should.

I played the K-Sig 4 piece again today. This time I didn’t lose any. They were again pretty good but I struggled with my short game for the second time. So I will need to see if the ball contributed to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a Pro V1 today, I can see why I switched to the x now. Didn't get half as much spin on approach shots with it and it was nowhere near as receptive around the green.

Played some shots with a wedge and GW that would normally have hopped and stopped or spun back with the Pro V1x, but with the Pro V1 they took at least 2 or 3 hops more before stopping. I can probably put it down to the ball flight of the x being higher but even so I didn't expect there to be that much difference (at least for me)

Played the TP5 again today. Really just think it's a great ball. Long, good spin, feels soft but doesn't play like it's that soft, handles wind well... Honestly, if I'd had any with me I probably would have played the tp5x in today's conditions, but TP5 just keeps doing everything I want a ball to do.

To what other offering is it most similar, in your experience?

I played the Bridgestone Tour BX yesterday. I think the lower spin is giving me a little more pop on driver, but it still checks up immediately on short little pitches. In fact, it checked up too quickly a couple of times, more than I was expecting, leaving me short of where I wanted to be. Man, I wish Bridgestone offered the non “R” tour balls in yellow.

I played the Bridgestone Tour BX yesterday. I think the lower spin is giving me a little more pop on driver, but it still checks up immediately on short little pitches. In fact, it checked up too quickly a couple of times, more than I was expecting, leaving me short of where I wanted to be. Man, I wish Bridgestone offered the non “R” tour balls in yellow.
I wish they made yellow as well. I don’t use em for the entire round, just until the marine layer burns off. I can’t see the white ball against the clouds. Once the sun is out I like white. In the meantime I play the CS to begin my rounds. Testing both and really like both.

Back