What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

bull64

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing the E12 contact but today I switched to the AVX for the front 9. It was just okay for me and rolled out a bit much on chips and pitches.
Played the back 9 with the Pro v1X and improved 6 strokes over the front 9. Learned I could be more agressive with my short game. Hmmmmmm,,,,,,,

hackitup

Swinging my swing
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
<20
CS X LS. Good distance off the tee, spinny greenside shots, nice off the putter. It probably spins too much for soft greens unless I throw it close every time.

2020 Chrome Soft. Okay distance off the tee, decent spin greenside, nice but a little soft off the putter. It’s a really good moist grass ball. Spins well on chips, but not enough to be super short on soft but relatively quick greens.

I still lean towards the CS X. A little more spin on my approach shots help out when it’s dry and firm. That’s most of the time if I’m golfing. The Chrome Soft is a good substitute when the greens are more receptive, but I could probably use less loft instead.

pumbaa

2022 GOAT CUP!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Every version of the chromesoft. They perform for sure. For my game the super softs I played worked the best. Just wish they spun on approach/chip shots but I played my best golf this weekend with a super soft in the matte green.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

Kmench

Ballyhack bound with the Titleist Experience
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
I played mostly chrome soft this week.

turns out I reaaaaally like it.
Oh very nice…sorry thought someone in the video said it was the LS

El Rayo X

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Lost my ERC Soft in the rough on 9, so played Bstone BRX on the back nine.
I prefer the ERC Soft. It’s seems longer off all clubs ( missed every green short on the back, save one on a flyer.)
the ERC stops better with the 6-8 irons as well.

El Rayo X

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Every version of the chromesoft. They perform for sure. For my game the super softs I played worked the best. Just wish they spun on approach/chip shots but I played my best golf this weekend with a super soft in the matte green.
Try the ERC soft…

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh very nice…sorry thought someone in the video said it was the LS
That was in alt-shot, playing AT's ball of choice hahaha

I was alerted at that time I should be an LS guy.

tehuti

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20+
I pulled a sleeve of Vice Drive from my grab bag on Sunday. It’s not bad fora budget ball, but they scuff way too easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1860VS

Reaction score
Played a Bridgestone B XS today. Easy to work off driver, a bit too easy at times.lol. but it sure has teeth on approach shots and short pitches.

Gman79

Optimistic about golf in 2022!!!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Scramble ball was the CUT Blue - I believe I lost tremendous distance with Pro V1

Deezballs

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Played a supersoft and a super hot instead of a chrome soft. I was surprised played well, felt good, checked up. I’m not sure where I’m going from here….probably try a lot of different brands/models at this point

Dartgod

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I played some Maxfli Softfli USA balls that my nephew gave me for my birthday. At first I thought I'd just give them to my wife but decided what the hell, I'll play them in league. I was pleasantly surprised. I shot my best score on the back 9 on that course. Distance seemed to be decent and although I didn't put any of my approach shots on the green, I chipped really well with them. I'll probably go ahead and use them all myself. Not a bad ball for $20 in my opinion.

goalie

2022 Grandaddy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Callaway's SuperSoft since I forgot the Chrome Soft balls at home.

30 putts (great for me) due to an on-point short game, especially chipping.

Had a few hop and stop approaches.

IMG_20220817_092017127.jpg
That one was from 105.

But I really liked the Chrome Soft Truvis as well....

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just bought 3 dozen Bridgestone E12 contact balls in green. The one I found went straight as an arrow, so hoping for good things.
Meh, same old, same old. Still slices on a bad hit. When these 3 dozen are gone, I think I will go back to my Srixon Tour Divide balls.

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mental
Played the 2022 AVX again today and they flat out perform! I haven't been able to get my hands on some 2022 Tour B X and that is the last of the ones I want to try.

The 2022 CSXLS is actually in the lead right now overall. If I had to make a gamer call right now it would be them.

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I played the Srixxon Q Star Tour Divide today.
I really like the QStar Tours. Solid ball that will check up. The Orange Divides are nice I have only seen them in the wild 2x and both times at small private courses, Never seen them in a big box.

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Meh, same old, same old. Still slices on a bad hit. When these 3 dozen are gone, I think I will go back to my Srixon Tour Divide balls.
After another round with the E12s, I have a better review of them.
If you hit a slice, the ball will initially slice, followed by a straight line (will not continually slice). This is ok.
If you hit a flush driver shot, the ball will go far, just not as far as my Srixon Q-Star Tours.
The ball does not hit as high off the tee as my other golf balls. This may be good.
The ball seems to roll more on chips onto the green. May have to doubly verify this though.
The bright green is easy to spot on the ground, yay.
I have not played these in the wind yet, which may be their greatest asset.

Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.6
With all the very positive reviews of the Maxfli Tour ball, I picked up a dozen to see for myself. I probably picked the wrong day to evaluate it, as temperatures started in the low 70s compared to the mid and upper 90s we've been playing in. Also, the breeze was out of the North instead of the prevailing South for this time of year. As a result, it was difficult to judge how it truly compares distance wise. I found the ball acceptable off the tee, but seemed short when hitting irons. I am going to wait for temps to climb back up (and they will) to give it another go.

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Practiced with the Tour B RXS in yellow. It is interesting, it is soft like a soft feel and spins like a prov. For those chasing a soft ball and wants green side spin, this could be an interesting choice.

tehuti

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20+
I tried the Maxfli Straightfli today. Didn’t lose any for a change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
Made the decision to go with the Chrome Soft CSX LS for our club championship weekend and it flat out performed for me

Very little release on mid to long iron approach shots, drop and stop on wedges and I even spun a few back (which isn't the norm for me)

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
played the ZS diamond yesterday for the first time in a while...forgot how good that feels off the driver.

goalie

2022 Grandaddy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Still liking the SuperSoft, but now am in ERC Soft ponder mode. I think I need Triple Track in my life.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in