What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Last 3 rounds was with the ProV1. Average score, 77. Average over last 20? Nearly 80.8. Hmm....

Obviously, history and reality has proven that it's a tremendous golf ball. It's quality, never in question. The quality of my game?

Debatable.

But seriously, when I'm even close to "on," it's the perfect golf ball for me. But I'll tend to get wild and when that occurs, it's bottom third because spin will kill me. But that's a me thing, the ball's great.

But you already know this.

The usual TP5X. After playing around with other balls, I am convinced it is not just the longest ball I used, it also has just the right amount of spin.
Pro V1x is a close second, but still second..........

I played 9 with a Snell Black last night. That ball and the rest of the sleeve went into the backyard practice bucket.

I played 18 yesterday with the Srixon Z-Star DIVIDE. I may have settled on a ball. SO much fun this ball is. I love that you can turn it sideways on the green for alignment or you can set it down so you never see the other color. I didn't notice it being any easier to see during flight but its easy to find in the grass and fun seeing spin with wedges. I also was seeing really good results on approaches yesterday.

Messed around with the ProV left dot yesterday. As my swing slows, it gets firmer and feels like a rock off the driver. I still love it with my irons and wedges though!.

I play the QSTAR Tour. I bounce between the divide and a Yellow one.
I was playing with a guy the other day who thought the Matte divide went farther than the glossy Yellow.

I have not noticed a difference and I think that's nonsense but what do you all think?

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk
I think the glossy yellow is a ZSTAR. The QSTAR is matte yellow. That might be the difference.

I put a Snell MTBx in play yesterday for the first time since last summer and hit two of my longest drives of the year. I’m going to switch back to it for 10 rounds to see if it is actually longer than the Bridgestone Tour Bx I’ve been playing all summer.

I must be one of the few people that really dislike the divide two colour balls. I think they look hideous and off-putting personally. I'm a white or yellow ball only kind of guy. Though I have played with matte orange and that wasn't too bad.

Still playing the Pro V1, because *insert one of many reasons we already know*, but am really wanting to explore a couple different options. I suppose I'm a creature of habit and have a difficult time switching things up...especially when nothing is broken.

Still playing the Pro V1, because *insert one of many reasons we already know*, but am really wanting to explore a couple different options. I suppose I'm a creature of habit and have a difficult time switching things up...especially when nothing is broken.
Definitely try the Maxfli Tour and Tour-X. You will not be disappointed. 2 doz. for $60. Buy one doz. of each

TP5 and Tour Response yesterday. Tour response is a bit longer for me as I suspected it would be. Plenty of spin with both for approach shots and around the green.

Definitely try the Maxfli Tour and Tour-X. You will not be disappointed. 2 doz. for $60. Buy one doz. of each
They are definitely on my short list to try out. I don't know that I've heard anyone say much bad about them at all.

Played both the CSx and CS LS last night and have to be honest that I didn’t feel too much difference between the two. LS possibly a little clickier off wedges and putter but I could happily play either. Not seeing the huge spin of the CSx around the greens, but I am pretty sure that’s just my woeful technique 😂

Last night I played Maxfli Tours for the first time and was very favorably impressed. My irons (especially short irons) felt really good so it was soft enough, and I hit a couple of very long drives (for me). I stuck a 9 from 130 for a tap-in bird, and holed a chip for another. $35.00 for a dozen at GG and for a “budget” ball, it was a hit. No lost balls for 18 holes which was an added bonus. My last box of untried balls was chrome soft and while surely caused by user error, I couldn’t stop losing them.

I’m pretty sure I read about this one on THP so it was in the back of my mind to try it. (y)

Last night I played Maxfli Tours for the first time and was very favorably impressed. My irons (especially short irons) felt really good so it was soft enough, and I hit a couple of very long drives (for me). I stuck a 9 from 130 for a tap-in bird, and holed a chip for another. $35.00 for a dozen at GG and for a “budget” ball, it was a hit. No lost balls for 18 holes which was an added bonus. My last box of untried balls was chrome soft and while surely caused by user error, I couldn’t stop losing them.

I’m pretty sure I read about this one on THP so it was in the back of my mind to try it. (y)
I agree with you on the Maxfli Tour/Tour X. I bought a dozen of each (I think I got them for a promo of 2 for $60) to try them out. I was impressed with them performance wise with the distance and spin I was getting. So far my only complaint is they do tend to look "dirty" rather quickly. The cover holds up (no gouges, nicks, cuts, etc) but they are begin to look dull after about half a round. They still perform "as new" but I keep trying to clean them to get back to a nice bright white :)

Played a goof off round yesterday as I got paired up with 3 beginners. I wasn't going to grind my way around the course so I remember I had the Qstar divide in my bag. I used that for all 18 holes. It is not near as distracting as I thought it would be and rather enjoyed playing it for fun. It had no bite on the green for me which left me some long putts but it is a solid ball.

I've put the Maxfli Tour in play on a few holes and, given the soft conditions, it is hard to judge distance off the driver compared to other balls I play, Snell MTB Black and Callaway ERC Soft. The feel is really nice! I'm going to have to give the Maxfli Tour a more extended test.

I played a left dash ProV1 for the back 9 yesterday. Bit on the firm side feel wise, but a solid performer.

Chrome soft X Ls. Seemed to be solid and perform where I needed it to. Loved the feel off the putter.

Chrome Soft in any form but the ones with shamrocks I enjoy finding and playing. I am a regular user of used/found Pro V1s. Recently, we are all coming to find a lot of Kirkland Performance Plus. We all like them.

I found a Titlist AVX in yellow, brand new condition, so I gamed it for an entire round. I thought it would be too hard for my swing speed, but it really felt good. My swing speed is about 92 mph and it fit right in, and I really would definitely consider buying more.

Chrome Soft X. Does everything I want, feels great through the bag.

The more I play the CSX LS the more I like it. I still have like 7 sleeves of the 3 boxes I bought for Quest Cup. I don't know why I have more control of these with driver but I like it

Played Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, and Taylormade Soft Response, Titleist ProV1. It’s the CS X for me all the way. Throughout my entire bag it outperformed the other balls. It’s fast (long), I like the high piercing flight, and it spins. I can throw a L to L wedge at the pin and trust that it’ll stay close. I need to play out the rest of my stash and stick to it. I don’t know why I keep looking for more.

On the other hand, I was unable to keep my son in the CS X. Apparently he got tired of spinning 9i and below back and he’d rather have his equipment reduce the spin instead of doing it on his own. He moved on to the TP5X. He can hit a full wedge and have it sit where it lands or spin a bit. The TP5X still lets him hit those nippy spinners that look like they’re going to race past the pin before they slam on the brakes. He likes the feel off of his driver and putter. It’s a good fit for him and it added to his driver distance a bit too.

Back