What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Tour Response today in the wind, handles it very well. Really good spin into and around the greens.

ERC Soft is still my current go to.

Played in cooler conditions today, and my beloved Left Dash Pro V1x felt a little firm off the tee, tbh. Still performed well, but darn firm.

Also played Bridgestone BX (yellow) in the overcast conditions, and backed them off a couple of greens :cautious:. Tomorrow’s forecast is mid 50s in the am (northern MI this weekend), thinking my old friend PV1 might be on the table.

I just ordered some ERC Soft in yellow to try.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is a great ball, though maybe a little over-priced. :)

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is a great ball, though maybe a little over-priced. :)
This generations NXT 😀. Just can’t see paying urethane prices For a surlyn ball.

I've been using a Pro V1 lately in advance of the Titleist Experience. I like the feel off the tee and putter.

My poor short game execution recently makes it hard for me to know what to think about it, in that regard. I can find a lot of different places on the face on chips and pitches, and sometimes it feels like a rock to me; end up frustratingly short. Drop another ball right after a poor short, make much better contact, and it feels really nice. I know I need to get more consistent here.

This generations NXT 😀. Just can’t see paying urethane prices For a surlyn ball.
That's why I think it is over-priced. Plenty of urethane ball out there for less.

I have been settling on the Z star xv for my Go To ball. I still have many cases of new balls from back when I played (including my favorite Nike Black) but have not touched them yet. I buy 5A on Ebay and play found high end balls in mint condition. Being as I'm just now getting some FEEL for different balls I found I liked the TM Project a and Z star xv. I seem to loose fewer Z stars, not sure if game is better or less spin getting me in trouble. Feel wise I have always preferred soft feel over distance and both balls feel great with any club in the bag.

Played a goof off round yesterday as I got paired up with 3 beginners. I wasn't going to grind my way around the course so I remember I had the Qstar divide in my bag. I used that for all 18 holes. It is not near as distracting as I thought it would be and rather enjoyed playing it for fun. It had no bite on the green for me which left me some long putts but it is a solid ball.
I have been using the Z-Star Divide for fun lately and have been quite enjoying it actually. Plenty of spin on the green even with my irons. Putting is great and they are super easy to find. I do thing off the driver they are a tad bit spinny otherwise I’m a fan

Played Vice Pro Plus past couple rounds. I’m impressed. I see no difference in green side and iron spin compared to Callaway Chrome Soft X. Verdict is still out on driver distance. I can certainly say the cover is much more durable on the Vice. For $35 per dozen ($29/dozen if you order five dozen or more), I’d say these are great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered some ERC Soft in yellow to try.

I’m interested in your observations. I’m going to be trying these and compare to the CS. I have a dozen yellow on the way.

Started with the AVX today but swapped to the e12 Contact after 4 holes. Extremely dry, firm conditions didn't work out well with the lower flight of the AVX. Had a couple of CRAZY long drives thanks to roll out but holding greens was an issue with the lower flight. I just love the e12 Contact, it reminds me so much of the old e6 that I got along with so well.

Callaway Supersoft. First time in probably 4-5 years since I gamed one. Of course I shoot my 2nd best score ever (72, +1).

TP5 today mostly. Great all around ball for me. Not as long as the tour response though.

Callaway Supersoft. First time in probably 4-5 years since I gamed one. Of course I shoot my 2nd best score ever (72, +1).

I have a dozen of the new ones in my closet. I played one I found a little while ago and was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked with my swing.

Been using CSXLS last couple of rounds. Switching to CS as the weather cools off and fairways get damp.

So used 2 balls today.

Supersoft I really played okay with it hit it straight and hit irons well.

Chromesoft had too much spin and could not get right with it. Supersoft will be my go to from now on.

May try the erc soft possibly

forgot i had some z-stars in the bag so i played one for 18 holes today (a feat in itself). great ball but i don't see buying these over the QSTs if i was forced to make a choice.

Needed a soft ball today so played the Srixon Soft Feel. Good distance on the driver and irons. Doesn't have the spin needed around the greens but adjusting was easy. Good feel off the putter.

Z-star Divide. This is become my ball of choice lately. Its fun and not too distracting.

Have been back on the TP5X again lately. This time in yellow. Really liking the performance all around. It's just a little clicky on the greens but I can overlook that with the spin that I get. Just the right amount where I'm not ripping short irons and wedges back off the green, but a nice hop and stop. Fall is coming fast though and it will be back to some kind of low cost ball to lose in the pile of leaves.

ProV1x. Drove it like crap so it wasn't a great indicator there but it felt good off the driver, if a touch firm. Plenty of spin off the irons, but doesn't appear to be too much (which was my only concern) - but need a few more rounds yet. LOVE the short game spin. Distances appear true, though again, need to have a decent driver day to assess that a little better. But I never had a come up way short or go way over on a good swing from a stock distance, so it appears good so far.

Back