What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds all to familiar

Tapa Slice
man... one of my goals everytime i tee it up is to try my best to keep one ball in play and im usually pretty good at it
but there are times when i need the whole dozen hahaha

Played the B330-RX yesterday to compare it to the RXS, really didn't like this ball off my irons and driver. It was really mushy as compared to the RXS and didn't perform as well around the greens...Does that make sense? That I would get more compression from the RX than the RXS?? In any event I switched to the Gamer V2 and was really impressed with the overall performance for the price.

For about 5 or 6 rounds now, the Innovex V-Motion continues to impress. Everything the Penta is for me but better. Longer with less spin off driver, very similar play and feel otherwise.

The B330 is the longest premium ball I'd played but the V-Motion closes the gap between the B330 and the Penta. I loved the B330's distance but hated the feel whereas I love the Penta's feel but don't appreciate the spin off driver.

The V-Motion is really the best of both worlds for me, love it.

330-RX.

After a weekend with the 330-S, I shan't stray from the RX again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

330-RX.

After a weekend with the 330-S, I shan't stray from the RX again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why is that, JMan? Not straight? Hard to compress? Feels to hard?

Details, bro!!!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Played the pro v1 again today. I like this ball! I can hit it straight. I have played 18 holes now with the same ball. Yes for me that's rather impressive. I don't see much spin around the green with them but I don't see much spin around the green with any ball. I got a dozen for free so I'll at least play them for a while.

I played last years TM Penta. I have gotten many rouns out of a few of these im my bag. Still like them, but I can def see the difference using the TP5.

Played with the TM Penta yesterday. Still love them!

I used the old callaway tour ix it was pretty predictable and long off the tee with minimal driver spin. I noticed that I can't hold the greens as well as the prov1x or the tour iZ

For about 5 or 6 rounds now, the Innovex V-Motion continues to impress. Everything the Penta is for me but better. Longer with less spin off driver, very similar play and feel otherwise.

The B330 is the longest premium ball I'd played but the V-Motion closes the gap between the B330 and the Penta. I loved the B330's distance but hated the feel whereas I love the Penta's feel but don't appreciate the spin off driver.

The V-Motion is really the best of both worlds for me, love it.

I've never heard of this ball. Where do you buy it?

Tapa Slice

I played last years TM Penta. I have gotten many rouns out of a few of these im my bag. Still like them, but I can def see the difference using the TP5.

What difference can you see? To me, there isn't much you can change about a 5 piece ball

Tapa Slice

Bridgestone had ball fitting day out in hope mills and was not able to make it so sad!:blowkiss: But I played the l Ti NXT that I won in a tournament for closest to the pin. I hit like three in the water on hole number two.

I've never heard of this ball. Where do you buy it?

Tapa Slice

It was awarded silver in the 2011 Golf Digest Hot List. I bought one dozen on the cheap from a member of a different board and another dozen on Amazon. They were $32.95 on Amazon but I've seen them between $25-$30 on ebay.

I think it's a heckuva deal considering I find them better than the balls I'd previously played (Penta, B330).

It was awarded silver in the 2011 Golf Digest Hot List. I bought one dozen on the cheap from a member of a different board and another dozen on Amazon. They were $32.95 on Amazon but I've seen them between $25-$30 on ebay.

I think it's a heckuva deal considering I find them better than the balls I'd previously played (Penta, B330).

Interesting. I'll have to check those out because I use to play the Penta but switched

Tapa Slice

Callaway Hex Black

Played this ball in the club champs. Only lost one so that was a good start! So ended up playing the same ball for about 27 holes.

I found the cover stayed in good shape through normal play. Much better than a pro v. I did put a huge smiley face in it when i knifed a bunker shot however the cut didnt open up at all so could still play it no problem.

Very good balls!

tm penta tp5 on the front
prov1x on the back
i had much more distance with the prov and more control

And why is that, JMan? Not straight? Hard to compress? Feels to hard?

Details, bro!!!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Hahaha, my bad!

Not hard to compress, I've got that in my swing. Biggest issue is added spin off the tee increasing my fade beyond my comfort zone. I liked what I gained around the green with the S but I'd rather be in the fairway with a shot into the green and play it to roll out a bit compared to in the right hand rough all day LOL

Used Q-stars tonight for league play instead of the Bridgestone E6's that I had been playing. I decided to try the Q-stars based on the good reputation that they seem to have here. I liked the E6's but decided to try the Q-stars to see if they had more "stop" on the greens.

I think I'm sold on the Q-stars. They fly like the E6's but seem to not roll out as much on the short flop shots, which is a shot that I rely on. They also work better with the putter for me. They're staying in the bag.

Ken

My swing has been a work in progress so I went with some Nike balls previously found on the course. Tour something. Soft something. I found them to be reasonably straight but very mediocre around the greens. Maybe this serves as a nice reminder about the quality of the Gamer2, Z Star and B/stone balls.

didnt play today but found a nike 20xi-x in a cart
think ill put it into play tomorrow

Playing some Q-Stars and LOVING the ball. Seriously really impressed.

Have played TP3, for the last 2 rounds and seems they are a little bit longer than the RX for me, they have a higher flight than I would like but the results on distance don't lie, I took a brand new one to start yesterdays round and on the thirteen hole I hit a 54* out of the rough and rendered it useless, I mean it really shreded this thing, we'll see how they perform in the future.

Bridgestone B330RX. I have a slower clubhead speed. It really allows me to compress the ball and get some distance. Shot a 64, in a one-man scamble. Not to bad. Good enough to win my flight

Played the Taylormade Burner TP LDP today. I liked this ball for the most part. I did have 3 drives I can think of that had a noticeable ballooning problem. I could watch the ball look like it was going up a flight of stairs and then just fell out of the sky with almost zero roll coming up 15-20 yards shorter then the other balls i have played. Other then that this is a good all around ball.

Callaway Hex Black. Normally when I play a urethane ball I go with a 330RX but I tried something different yesterday as I find I lose significant distance with it compared to the e6 which I also play. I'm sold on the Black. Believe the hype on this ball. Just as long as the e6 for me, not much sidespin and fantastic around the green.

Firmer feel than the e6 or 330RX. Clicky'er of the clubface as well. Not bad or good, just different.

From now on it's Callaway Hex Black instead of 330RX for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back