What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
found some old Pentas the other week so i played them the other day. still a great ball although i still remember why i switched to Bridgestone. Bridgestones feel so much better off the club face especially with chipping and putting.

Started my 18 holes round with a Maxfli Noodle ball. Good distance, nice feel. Unfortunately can't swim (lost ball in a water hazard). Second ball was a Pinnacle FX long. Hit a couple of good drives, better distance than the Maxfli in my experience. Nice feel with the iron shots and short game.

I played the Bridgestone 330 RX-S yesterday and I got to say that I am pretty impressed with it. I got pretty good distance with it and it felt really good off the clubs. I really liked the spin around the greens with it. I like it a lot better than the Callaway Chromes I was playing before, more distance and more spin. I only lost one RX-S in a water hazard and that was because I hit it fat.

Played the pro v1 again today. Its the straightest ball I've ever played. I've had the same ball for two rounds now. For me that's good. lol

Played the :nike: One Tour today (2, lost one), shot a personal best! (91).
Good distance off the tee, awesome with the irons, great stopping power/greenside spin, great feel off the putter face.
Awesome ball all-around.

Penta TP/Penta TP5 They are both good balls. The TP5 is softer all round than the TP, off everything, especially wedges. TP5 is quite durable too - put one off a cart path and only dinged about 5 dimples.
Both balls played very well. The TP5 has the edge as the better ball though.

One weird thing I noticed though. It seems like the paint finish seems better on the Penta than most of their other balls. After a few washings it seems like the shine comes off and in a couple rounds with the same ball it almost seems like the paint comes off and you can see the plastic under it.

prov1x
prov1
nxt tour s
lost the 1x on the tee shot of #3
swapped the v1 and the tour s on the back
couldnt tell any diff between any of the balls cuz i wasnt hitting any of them too well

I played with the tour ix and the tour iZ. I did not notice too much of a difference between them except for the spin on approach shots and pitches. The tour iX performed more like a prov1x and the tour iZ performed more in between the prov1 and prov1x. I was really impressed by the tour iZ and I can't wait to try the hex black and chrome.

Usually play the srixon z star but came across a great deal on TM practice pentas brand new for $20. Bought 5 dozen. Lover them. However i just bought a dozen of the new NXT Tour S in the tour yellow and I have to admit, they are pretty nice. Great driver distance, good greenside control and am able to pick the ball up better visually. But i will still probably end back up with the z star

Started off the round with the Q-Star which has been my ball of choice for the last few rounds. Was having a really off day and after losing 2 of them on the first 3 holes in areas where I shouldn't have lost balls I decided to try some Taylormade Burner LDP's that my girlfriends dad had brought some used ones. Played the same ball till the 16th hole and actually turned my day around a little bit. Only downside was that I was putting them past the hole way too much off the putter because they seemed to be a harder ball then the Q-Star.

Z Star. It's a great ball around the green and off the irons, driver not so much. That was just operator error though. I do feel like I lose some distance off the driver compared to my usual prov1x, and I get a more piercing trajectory with the prov1x, but then I probably should be trying the Z Star xv.

Got a deal on Amazon (90 balls for $80.00 shipped) for some Gamer V2's a couple weeks ago. Really like them off the tee and a well struck iron seems to hold the green just fine. I am noticing though that they run out pretty bad on chips & pitches around the green.

Operator error? My imagination? Or is this a common issue with this ball?

Thanks

Got a deal on Amazon (90 balls for $80.00 shipped) for some Gamer V2's a couple weeks ago. Really like them off the tee and a well struck iron seems to hold the green just fine. I am noticing though that they run out pretty bad on chips & pitches around the green.

Operator error? My imagination? Or is this a common issue with this ball?

Thanks

Well I have never had a problem getting them to hold the green on. Hips and pitches but I guess it depends on what you're coming from. if you end up not liking them I'll take some off your hands and if not, who did you get them from on amazon?

Tapalk. That's why.

I played a Penta TP3. I used it the whole round and only have one scuff from hitting a tree (it took a member bounce and landed in the FW). Overall, I think it is a very good ball for its price point. It works well around the green and feels soft off the putter. Its good off the driver and feels soft. I really have no complaints about this ball. I feel that these are pretty durable. I was pulling em back on the green from 140 and there was nothing in terms of scuffs. I am happy about that.

I played in a charity tournament using my go-to ball, the Prov1x. Dixon, the guys who make the eco-friendly high performance ball, had a charity/challenge hole that if you made a donation to the charity's cause, and you hit the green on the par 3 with either your ball or theirs, you get a sleeve of balls. I used the Dixon ball they gave me and got the GIR and sleeve. I didn't hit the Dixon again for the rest of the round, but it felt pretty good the one time I hit it and will give it a try next time I play.

I played in a charity tournament using my go-to ball, the Prov1x. Dixon, the guys who make the eco-friendly high performance ball, had a charity/challenge hole that if you made a donation to the charity's cause, and you hit the green on the par 3 with either your ball or theirs, you get a sleeve of balls. I used the Dixon ball they gave me and got the GIR and sleeve. I didn't hit the Dixon again for the rest of the round, but it felt pretty good the one time I hit it and will give it a try next time I play.

Those Dixon's are like $60 or $70 a dozen, aren't they?

Those Dixon's are like $60 or $70 a dozen, aren't they?

I just went to their website and product prices range from 24.95 to 74.95; although, my in the quick search, I saw other advertised prices lower than that. I got a 50% coupon for a dozen, so I might give them a try.

While i was in Arizone recently, I bought a sleeve of the Titilest Velocity and well my Callaway Chrome and Bridgestone B330RX are staying in the bag. These did not feel as good off the club head as my two gamers and I seemed to loose some distance with them. Alot of my approach shots were coming up short of the greens. On a couple of occasions I did drop either a Cally or Bstone ball and hit again and each time I managed to put the ball on the green.
I know titliest makes a good ball but this one was just not for me.

I played a Srixon Z-Star in yellow for most of the round. I am really surprised how well the cover had held up. I know I have put at least 50 holes on this ball. The cover was beat up but the ball still flew great and had average stopping power for me.

I also found an old sleeve of Nike One Platinum balls and man do I miss them! The spin and feel was great for me. I used this for about 3 holes and then I found a brand new B330-RX in some trees. I used that for the last few holes and liked it a lot. It felt so good off the putter for me.

I just went to their website and product prices range from 24.95 to 74.95; although, my in the quick search, I saw other advertised prices lower than that. I got a 50% coupon for a dozen, so I might give them a try.

Right on. As bad as my game has been over the past month or two, I have issues coughing up any more than $20 for a dozen of golf balls. LOL. I have swore off higher priced offerings until my swing comes back around.

Right on. As bad as my game has been over the past month or two, I have issues coughing up any more than $20 for a dozen of golf balls. LOL. I have swore off higher priced offerings until my swing comes back around.

Yeah, I try not to spend too much on balls either. What ball I use depends on how I'm playing, the probability I will lose a ball, the hazards on the hole, and what I have in my bag. Lol. In a perfect world, I would be using premium balls and not worry about losing them, but that's not the world I live in.:alien:

Yeah, I try not to spend too much on balls either. What ball I use depends on how I'm playing, the probability I will lose a ball, the hazards on the hole, and what I have in my bag. Lol. In a perfect world, I would be using premium balls and not worry about losing them, but that's not the world I live in.:alien:

You and me both, brother.

Me either, that's why I use mostly used or rerfurbished prov1x's. Seems to be a huge supply of those. lol

Me either, that's why I use mostly used or rerfurbished prov1x's. Seems to be a huge supply of those. lol

I just bought a box of Prov1x x-outs at Dicks (29.99) a few days ago. I don't know if they are the old or new version, but they work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back