What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to try these, my neighbor swears by these balls, but is too cheap to let me try one out lol

You will not be disapointed, they my favorite. Seem to fly better off the long irons than other premium balls for me.
Spin around the greens is also very aggressive.

Played the Nike Vapor Black on the recommendation of a friend.
Not impressed with the durability of this ball.
Brand new ball, 1st hole, 1st wedge shot into the green, scuffed. I mean c'mon....

2012 Bridgestone B330S. I like this ball so freaking much it's causing gas pains. Gear A quisition Syndrome !

Received a dozen Srixon Trispeed Tours as a prize at a golf tourney and WOW!!!! I immediately went and scored the 2 for 35 deal. I may never change balls again until I can no longer buy them.

Bridgestone treo soft. Really like the way it felt when I hit them good (not often enough today).

Played the Q stars last round. Ball was good my swing wasn't

A white round Wilson something or other.
What did I think?
I thought it was a pretty lucky ball after it bounced off the OB stake and landed 10 feet from the pin!

Yellow Z-star. Long and straight off the driver. Wish I had alittle more spin on short chips though. Great off the full iron shots though!

nike one speed vapor... pretty solid ball off the tee and around the greens... too bad i was rope hooking the ball all day

Titleist NXT Tour Soft...

The set up: Hoakalei Country Club, Hole 9 450y par 4 into a stiff 2 club wind... Smoked the drive 290y upwind... Second shot from 160y out 5 iron (yea it's blowing hard) had to carry some water too. Pured the 5 iron straight for the pin... Starts low and rises into the wind... Ball lands 20ft past the hole and backspins to 10 ft. Missed the birdie putt but that's not the balls fault!

Thoughts: WOW!!! Ball is awesome! Never before have I backspun a ball with a 5 iron... Yea the wind probably helped but still... Wow!

nike one speed vapor... pretty solid ball off the tee and around the greens... too bad i was rope hooking the ball all day

Man that was such a good ball! I found one and played it for about 7 holes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Had my first par and birdie (one after the other) with a taylormade penta i found on the course. Might have to scrounge up some cash to purchase some more.

Played the Q-Star today, I didn't hit the ball very well off the tee today but I scored better than average. I think that bodes well for the ball, I hit a few shots that I wish had stopped a little faster around the green but I can live with that. Off the tee I am sure it saved me a few strokes, and the distance was pretty consistent with what I am used to. I would say it is above average off the putter. The durability was excellent, used the ball for all 18 today and will put in play tomorrow.

Srixon Z star XV. Favorite ball off the too. Still doesn't beat the proV1x on approach shots, but I like the XV better around the greens as well as of the tee. Wish I could combine the two!

E6 and that is my new ball of choice. Nice and straight.

I have been playing the Pro V1 for my last few rounds and have been loving the around green performance. Last round I hit a tee shot out of bounds and when I reached for a ball from my bag I pulled a Srixon Z-Star out. I was reminded of how much I love this ball. I am really close to declaring the Z-Star as my full-time ball but I want to try the Z-Star XV and Z-Star SL before drawing any conclusions.

TaylorMade Penta TP5. Played 13 holes with one ball, before a few wayward tee shots cost me two balls. Loved it off the tee. Took off like a scalded dog and flew very long and straight for me. Felt great off the putter face. Not too mushy, not too clicky. Along the lines of Stone 330-RX, which I really liked on the greens. My wedges and irons were really struggling that day, but I stuck a nice 6iron into a green that I really had no business stopping a ball on. Had some crazy spin on a low running chip with the 56* ATV. Ball hit the fringe, dug in, bounced straight up onto the green and stopped on a dime. Thanks to Walmart underpricing these bad lads and TaylorMade including a dozen with my ATV testing, I will be playing these for a good long while.

TaylorMade Penta TP5. Played 13 holes with one ball, before a few wayward tee shots cost me two balls. Loved it off the tee. Took off like a scalded dog and flew very long and straight for me. Felt great off the putter face. Not too mushy, not too clicky. Along the lines of Stone 330-RX, which I really liked on the greens. My wedges and irons were really struggling that day, but I stuck a nice 6iron into a green that I really had no business stopping a ball on. Had some crazy spin on a low running chip with the 56* ATV. Ball hit the fringe, dug in, bounced straight up onto the green and stopped on a dime. Thanks to Walmart underpricing these bad lads and TaylorMade including a dozen with my ATV testing, I will be playing these for a good long while.

I noticed that the other day too. Good old Walmart.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

i played the first model taylormade burner ball (like '08?) i found it a couple rounds ago.. it's in great condition and i just can't seem to be able to lose it.. unlike my good balls..

Man that was such a good ball! I found one and played it for about 7 holes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
i have a few of them in my "used" collection and break them out every once in awhile

today i played a callaway warbird 2.0... this ball loves to fly but doesnt like to stop unless i hit a high high wedge
and it got pretty scuffed off one wedge shot

Tried out the Bridgestone xfixx ball for an 18 today. Very nice around the greens but I was getting too much height on all of my drives and losing a lot of distance compared to the q-stars I was gaing the previous few rounds. Was really hoping this ball performed better due to the price point so I could play it at my usual course were I may lose 1-2 balls per round and the harder out of town courses were I might lose a half dozen a round without being too hard on the pocket book.

Can't wait to get out and try the TP5's TM sent with my ATV to test.

I'm eager to try these and the Hex Blacks out.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

Played a Bridgestone B330 for yesterday's round. I had been getting away from the B330s and playing more ProV1xs (and trying Srixon as well). I actually forgot how much I enjoy playing the B330. Solid, but soft feel on every club, terrific distance and very good spin. Sure, they may not spin as much as ProV1s, but you can certainly control them around the greens.

Just a reminder that sometimes the "old" ball is still the best one.

I found a yellow Srixon Z-Star on the first hole of my first round on Friday.
I always wanted to try these, so I put it in play on the next hole.
The ball has been in play for 3 rounds now and I am really impressed.
Love the distance, feel, and spin. The yellow color has really grown on me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back