What ball do you use?

tgaffs001

Reaction score
Handicap
I was thinking about buying some new golf balls with some extra money i have recently got. ( :cake: ) I was wondering what kind of golf balls you people use and what price they are. Right now i use a Callaway Warbird and i am running dangerously low on my supply.

I play the Nike Power Soft. Great compression. Soft on the greens.

Bridgestone e6+

I play Callaway's Big Bertha. They're softer than the Warbird, fly just as long (IMO), are durable, and almost as inexpensive.

Right now, I'm playing the Nike Ignite, I bought up several dozen when they were closing them out at the beginning of the year.

Once I finish those up, I'll switch back to the Bridgestone TreoSoft, which I was fitted for at the Bridgestone ball fitting.

I play the Pro V1x for competitive golf, but when I go out for fun I use the Top Flite Gamer. The Pro V's are around $45, but the Gamer is only $20 a dozen. The Gamer is the perfect practice ball: good distance, feel, and spins like a Pro V. However the Gamer does tend to scuff up easily, but for $20 a dozen it is hard to beat.

Titleist Pro V1....what else would a golf snob use?

Pro V1....

B330RX or Srixon Z-Star. The ONLY tour level balls built for amateurs.

eee six plus....about 2 bucks apiece.

...I just noticed that I'm member 555...wonder who's going to get 666...whoa

I use any of the following:

Pro V1
Pro V1x
Callaway HX Tour 56, Tourix, HX Tour
Top Flite D2 Feel << my fav. out of all golf balls...which is odd seeing how cheap they are.

Srixon Z-star and TaylorMade TP Black LDP

I use any of the following:

Pro V1
Pro V1x
Callaway HX Tour 56, Tourix, HX Tour
Top Flite D2 Feel << my fav. out of all golf balls...which is odd seeing how cheap they are.

Im going to use this as an example and am in no way condemning Floppy's choices or his play. But I see so many people say they use the pro v1 and the pro v1x. Players should NOT be using both of these. One or the other for what fits their game. Same with all of the brands. These balls are made for VERY different swings and VERY different players.

I urge everybody to get fit for the ball like they do their clubs so they are not throwing money away. Golf balls are expensive.

lady precept IQ 180....in pink of course (I actually like the pink because it's easier for me to find my ball, it lands in the woods a lot ha)

Im going to use this as an example and am in no way condemning Floppy's choices or his play. But I see so many people say they use the pro v1 and the pro v1x. Players should NOT be using both of these. One or the other for what fits their game. Same with all of the brands. These balls are made for VERY different swings and VERY different players.

I urge everybody to get fit for the ball like they do their clubs so they are not throwing money away. Golf balls are expensive.

I actually use the V1x over the V1, however if I find a V1 in my bag, woods, etc... I'll use them on Par 3s.

I NEVER buy balls new. (except for D2 Feels) I just buy them used, find them in the woods, etc. I hit too many OB to buy $40/dz. golf balls.

But I understand where you are coming from.

great post JB....this is why I buy my balls used so I don't feel even worse after a bad round of golf.

Golf ball marketing is amazing nowadays with some of the companies and it has people just buying or playing what the pros or what "feels good to them". There are so many choices and most people according to research by one ball company, play the wrong type of ball for their game and it actually hurts their score.

I've switched to the Srixon Z-Star X, not just because it really is a better ball, but because it's cheaper than the Pro V1x and it is better in the wind. I have yet to read a negative review on it either. It's worth a try!

I used Pinnacle Platinum Long. I got to where I could hit it straight but...every time it hit the ground it took a mean bounce left. I'm a lefty. I'd hit it straight for the green on a par 3, on occasion, and it would hit the fringe in front of the green and bounce left into a bunker. I would hit it off the tee and it would find fairway and then bounce left into the rough. E6+ flies straight and carries straight. It's got to do with the low spin of the ball. What did I learn? The ball matters. I'm liking this ball but...to be continued.

I use the Bridgestone e7+. Keeps my balloon shots a little lower, and has great feel for ~$27/doz.

Call me a cheap snob. I like pro-level balls but I won't pay more than $30 per dozen for them. I recently bought the TM TP Black for $20/dozen. Excellent ball and it has to be the best bang for buck out there right now.

Bridgestone 08 B330.Great ball for my game.Haven't played Titleist balls since 2002.

Back