What book are you reading?

The newest Rebus Book from Ian Rankin: A Heart Full of Headstones.

The Hunt for Red October. Having a tough time putting this one down.

Just about finished with The Investigator by John Sandford.
Up next - Shadows Reel by C. J. Box.
Great choices! I read all of CJ Box and John Sanford as well.

Extreme ownership : Jocko Willink

I've read a ton of biographies from GWOT, this is one of the better ones.IMG_20230226_100144.jpg

Interesting, I will have to check this one out. Thanks.
I've read quite a few ones from US soldiers, but I'm really interested in other nations who've participated in the wars. I'm eagerly awaiting a book by FINSOF guys I know who were operating in northern Afghanistan, partly in parallel to my times there.

Our history of conlicts is vastly different from the US. Afghanistan was the first time since WW2 that we were actively and intentionally getting into contacts. It was the first time our SOF's were deployed in actual operations outside our borders etc. A lot of lessons learned there.

I just finished Eric Idle’s book “Always Look On The Bright Side of Life”. Having been a big Monty Python fan, and having already read John Cleese’s book, I was looking forward to this. I found it very entertaining. I was unaware, but not surprised at all the world famous people he hung around with. If you are a fan of the Pythons, this is a must read.

Out of Our Past, Carl Degler. A one-volume history of America.

Just finished The Greatest Game Ever Played for the 2nd time and currently reading Fire & Blood.

Just about to finish "The Boys from Biloxi" John Grisham

Just about to finish "The Boys from Biloxi" John Grisham
I haven't read that one yet but I read almost all of John grisham's books. How do you like it?

1677535167017.png

I haven't read that one yet but I read almost all of John grisham's books. How do you like it?

Yeah, I've enjoyed it. I really like his writing style, and I'm originally from MS so it's kind of cool to read about places I know first hand. If you're a fan of his, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't like it.

I'm thinking I might read "A Time for Mercy" next.

Trying to finish Haruki Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

Next two are 'How to not give a Fu@k' & I think it's called Taxnation

Been on a Jack Reacher kick lately. Have read about 4 of them the last few weeks

Been on a Jack Reacher kick lately. Have read about 4 of them the last few weeks
I'm pretty sure I've read all but the last one, maybe two of them.

Currently 80 pages away from finishing the entire wheel of time book series - 14 books and like 2 years later. (3rd time reading through them, but first time I got to the end) I started when there were only a few books released, then picked it up again right before Robert Jordan died, and now I'm going to actually finish them.

I'm pretty sure I've read all but the last one, maybe two of them.

Currently 80 pages away from finishing the entire wheel of time book series - 14 books and like 2 years later. (3rd time reading through them, but first time I got to the end) I started when there were only a few books released, then picked it up again right before Robert Jordan died, and now I'm going to actually finish them.
Loved the Wheel of Time series.

Currently reading The Wilderness Warrior: Theodore Roosevelt and the Crusade for America

Loved the Wheel of Time series.
I still haven't read the Brandon Sanderson ones, even though I enjoyed Jordans books. I highly recommend Terry Goodkind and Robin Hobb too, if you haven't already read them.

Demon Copperhead. More than half way through. Solid read so far.

Im doing more writing than reading at the moment, but 2 books stay on my night stand "Meditations" Marcus Aurelius (absolute must read for every person on the planet especially men) and "discourses and select writings" Epictetus (another must read). These are not just books, but life manuals for grown men.

Just finishing up “Bright Lights, Dark Shadows-the story of ABBA”. Great read. Not super fun, lots of details, but I like the song breakdowns etc.

Back