What book are you reading?

Working my way through The Martian Chronicles right now.
Really quite an interesting sci-fi from the 50s.

First time, I finished 2 and 3 in the last month 🤣
I think reading the whole series in a row is the way to keep up with the amount of subplota and characters 😄

In all seriousnes, it's one of my favourite serieses, even though there are valid arguments about the quality in later volumes.

Other favourites in the genre include Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, Robin Hobb's Farseer and Liveship traders serieses and Song of Ice and Fire of course.

Return to Paradise by Michener - I thought I had read all of his books 20 years ago, but this one had slipped through the cracks!
Return to Paradise.jpg

IMG_3188_compressed_2023_11_09_092702.jpeg

Wrapped up Inferno by Dan Brown this morning and now diving into Patriot Games.

Return to Paradise by Michener - I thought I had read all of his books 20 years ago, but this one had slipped through the cracks!
View attachment 9220295
Is it a good one? Some of my friends recommended it to me, but I still haven't read it yet.

And now I'm reading this one.I almost finished it, and can say it's a pretty good and interesting book. Not the genre I usually read, but I needed to read for my uni task. And the second part is to write a paper based on this book. And to be honest, such a task is way more complicated for me. It's good that I can use paper writing service EduBirdie which will always help me with such a task, but of course, it's worth trying writing it myself. But we will see, because there is also one more book in progress, and there is no time for me to finish and write on it.
71gWIAluk4L._SL1328_.jpg

Last edited:
Is it a good one? Some of my friends recommended it to me, but I still haven't read it yet.

And now I'm reading this one
71gWIAluk4L._SL1328_.jpg
I've yet to read a bad Michener novel, but I will say this one isn't as captivating as his others.

Im reading Lucinda Williams autobiography. I’ve always enjoyed her music. it’s been interesting so far.

Wanted something light. IMG_3198.jpeg

Just finished reading "Exposure" by Robert Bilott. Highly recommend it.

Started listening to the Witcher series, first book down, second on the way.

I'm finishing up the terminal list series, reading Only the Dead now.

Currently reading Hank Haney's 'The Big Miss'

Just recently finished Steve Williams' book as well, getting a comprehensive look into the mind of 🐯!

It is unfortunate, but Detroit has lost so much of its amazing architecture. Particularly its housing stock, but also its industrial sectors.The recent demise of a huge part of the old Pacakard Plant got me back into this book Albert Kahn was Detroit architecture back in the day.

Tom Clancy Duty and Honor by Grant Blackwood. The Tom Clancy series books are usually a decent read when I don’t have anything better going at the moment. This one checks off that box as well.

ender's game

I buy almost as many books as I do golf sh!t; actually reading them is another story (no pun intended). It'll take me years to get through my backlog. With that said, I told myself I wanted to read more this year. I didn't set a goal and I'll see where I land at the end of the year. Reading comes in spurts; sometimes I can bang out a couple books in a week or go weeks without reading one.

So far this year, I've finished:
41gpyJ+pCxL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

51PjcSaP4jL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

41f2TEqTeNL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

91RlPbAazXL._SY466_.jpg

51YO0bLj4XL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

517jA2oB9oL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

51Bd6szWygL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

51zfNVR2FpL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

and am just about done
51Wbu9oDv5L._SY445_SX342_.jpg

There's a bunch of work related books my superiors suggest I read, but honestly most of them are so mind numbingly boring and tough to get through that I lose interest. I think I'll save them for the drive down to and back from Ballyhack and try the audiobook. I'm old school, I still like the feel of the physical media in my hand (Kindle and ebooks count), but the audiobook may be the only way I "read" them.

1709843914541.jpeg
On a bit of an improvement/educational journey at the moment

Reading Jack Reacher Persuader and Shogun right now. I should wrap up Persuader by the end of the week and then it will be Shogun only. That is going to be a beast of a read.

Currently reading The Frugal Wizards Handbook to Surviving Midwvil Europe. Also listening to the first book of the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher.

Just started this series

Final Bearing (The Hunter Killer Series, 1)
1709844208621.png

I’m a sucker for good sub pulp.
Same, I've read through the series by Joe Buff, Patrick Robinson, Rick Campbell, Michael DiMercurio and now onto Wallace & Keith

Back