What book are you reading?

IMG_6757.jpeg

Reading this textbook as I prepare to teach in the spring. I wouldn’t recommend unless you are really interested in learning about environmental law 😂

Rereading The Destroyer series, currently at #33 of 156-ish.

Finished this one in record time due to how easy and well-written it was, considering it's a book on international tax laws and evasion.
TAXTOPIA: How I Discovered the Injustices, Scams and Guilty Secrets of the Tax Evasion Game https://a.co/d/a2Gqi1f

Lent this to my friend who is 6 months into burying his wife after cancer.
The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide) https://a.co/d/iOXAUB4

Did some organizing recently and thinking if re-reading this (my copy is signed by him).
Winning is Not Enough by Sir Jackie Stewart(2009-04-16) https://a.co/d/iQDVswl

Traveling Music… Neil Peart
12 More Rules for Life…Dr. Jordan Peterson
This Present Darkness…. Frank Peretti (reread… read this 30 yrs ago or so)

Saevus Corax Deals with the Dead (K.J. Parker aka Tom Holt)
There are certain authors I keep going back to, and he's one. Cool historical fantasy world-building and he gets the tone just right for accidental anti-heroes.

The Last Days of the Dinosaurs by Riley Black

Found it at Goodwill for $3. It follows a few different dinosaurs and describes what it would have been like when the Chicxulub asteroid made impact. It also goes into how that led to the rise of mammals. It's an easy read and a good book.

Scattershot by Bernie Taupin. Taupin wrote the lyrics for a lot of Elton John’s songs. I enjoy reading about where songwriters get the inspiration for their songs and I’m an Elton John fan so I thought I’d like this book. Taupin is a fairly good writer but he doesn’t write very much here about the songs or much about his best friend Elton. It’s mostly about his drunken escapades with other celebrities. It’s certainly not as interesting as I’d hoped it would be.

Lee Child, The Secret. Another Jack Reacher adventure.

So far this year I have read 195 books. If I read like I played golf I might get through one book a year.

Rereading "The Firm" so I can start "The Exchange."

Rocket Men by Robert Kurson

Reading one a friend from high school wrote it's about the era of Artificial Intelligence.

Arcanum Unbound by Brandon Sanderson. It's a collection of short stories/side arcs from his main Cosmere books.

The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas pere. I read it years ago and picked it back up recently.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 135017.png

Pizza, Pincushions and Playing It Straight

Just started a book called Chasing Twenties. It’s about starting a mobil tool franchise.

Currently reading Empire of Mud. It's about the history of Washington and how it became our capital. Pretty interesting read.

Currently reading The Last Putt and Cold Case Christianity.

4th book in the Wheel of Time series

4th book in the Wheel of Time series
First time or going for another round? I've still not read the non-Jordan ones.

First time or going for another round? I've still not read the non-Jordan ones.
First time, I finished 2 and 3 in the last month 🤣

Just getting through Dare to Lead- not sure what’s next on the agenda.

Back