What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just couldnt chip at all, had 3 holes with 2 chips...
That is tough. And out of character for you. I guess we should not have talked about chipping last night. That's alright. You have all summer in league to whip up on that course.

That is tough. And out of character for you. I guess we should not have talked about chipping last night. That's alright. You have all summer in league to whip up on that course.

I was just stabbing at everything, irons included, but the chipping is what usually saves me

Shot a 74 (+3) is very windy conditions. Was -1 after 9 but couldn't hold it together on the back. Last couple of rounds I've played well on the front and struggled on the back. Up and down day.
6 bogeys 1 double 6 pars 5 birdies

Shot a 74 (+3) is very windy conditions. Was -1 after 9 but couldn't hold it together on the back. Last couple of rounds I've played well on the front and struggled on the back. Up and down day.
6 bogeys 1 double 6 pars 5 birdies

Thats great score in tough conditions

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

What the???? 47 on the front. That's the easier side on that course.

Come on. give us a clue. I saw you won a skin. At least you have that.
Ok I'll tell you. I shot a 101. I really struggled off the tee today and I couldn't get in a rhythm. I was pulling almost everything. If I had 4 fwy's, thats too many. But I had fun today. It was just one of those days.

Ok I'll tell you. I shot a 101. I really struggled off the tee today and I couldn't get in a rhythm. I was pulling almost everything. If I had 4 fwy's, thats too many. But I had fun today. It was just one of those days.

It's only one round, and you know your a better player than that. Forget about and keep practicing. Those new wedges should help it too.

Great round 3BD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 78 (39-39) today at Heritage Golf Links.

It felt like I shot an 85 today. It was pretty wet from yesterday's storms, and I felt like I was just kicking the ball around a lot. Putter felt pretty inconsistent all day. Not warming up on the practice green and then three-putting the first hole just started a weird putting day. I made some solid 10-15 foot putts, but I also missed a few inside of six feet that I need to make.

Funny thing happened while I was warming up. It was in the mid-30s at the start (it warmed up to the mid 50s). Everything felt pretty good on the range until I pulled driver. Everything knuckled and went no where. I had no idea what was wrong. It turned out that it was so cold that my low spin set up just couldn't compress the range balls enough to make a good ball flight.

When I stepped to the first tee, I had zero confidence in my driver, which is usually one of my better clubs. I was playing a Srixon Z-Star XV, which compresses a little easier in colder weather. I pulled the tee shot a little, but the ball flight was back to normal. That's when I realized it was a temperature issue on the range. Still, I lacked confidence most of the day with the driver because of that range session. It's such a mental thing.

The takeaway from the round is that my misses are still in pretty good position. I had one drive go OB, but I was able to still manage a bogey on the hole. That's pretty much how the day went.

I need to work on my putting, though. The Big Moss will get a lot of time this week.

Still a nice round Seth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 77. Was +3 after 4. Took me a while to warm but was pretty solid after that. Struggled with the putter and short game.

Only played 9 so I could make it back in time for football and shot a 53. Struggled off the tee and needed the hybrids to save me. It was windy, and a bit colder than expected, but I enjoyed being out there.

I managed to ham and egg my way to a 77 (+7) yesterday. For the first time in a while my ball striking was decent, or at least a bit more consistent. Figures that my putting would be so terrible. I had 7 putts on the first two holes. Seven. I can't remember the last time I 4 putted a hole. I threw in another two 3 putts for good measure. Turn those into my normal 2 putts and I shoot 72.

89/ 48-41 was a windy soggy day but played with the Memphis Golfnuts and few THPers that made the day pretty darn good. The sun and warm temps helped too ;-)
Front was a struggle but happy I finally woke up and got the wind on my side to finish strong.

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

Walked nine this afternoon. Had to take advantage of the 63 degree, sunny weather. Wanted to play at the course I typically play (The Traces) but was told only members can walk on the weekends. So I went to the remodeled course (The Palms at Oakdale) which is actually closer to my house. They had no problem with me walking, so I did.

Played like crud, and shot a 61. Which is probably typical for me. I actually hit 5 fairways, and had one GIR, but my putting was off. Switched up my grip (and sported a new putter, :yes: Tiffany) and it hurt me. Plus the greens were the fastest I think I have ever played. After my round, went to the practice green and was draining everything I putted. Go figure ... But that was with a different putter :)gel: Opal).

I think I have found a new home course. Membership there is $125 a month with unlimited golf (cart fees only), plus a pool and tennis courts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First round of the year. Played today with 2 goals. 1. Turn into the ball and 2. Strengthen my grip to try to get through the ball without flipping. It was windy, and soggy which has a dramatic affect on my distance. Shot 87 (45/42) with 77% FIR, but only 28% GIR, which points out the lack of roll due to the soggy conditions. Touch was not back yet, as the 1 for 9 up and downs shows. Putting was a little off from a pace perspective, but the line was stellar which is very encouraging since I have been working on trusting the SPI method.

Lots of work to do, but there were some encouraging signs.

JM

36/44=80. Hit a lot of good shots. But, when it went south, it went south real fast. Putter saved me on multiple holes. Had a good confident stroke all day. I probably made about 100' worth of putts. And, I won a skin that covered my prize entry. NICE!

38/42 80, it was cold, low 40's with 20mph+ winds.....played solid on the front then started to leak oil on the last 4 holes on the back.....4th round with the Apex's and they felt buttery even in the cold weather....man I love these irons, I must have told the guys I was playing with that a dozen times :act-up:

42/38=80 3 doubles, Emerald Dunes GC, Tee to Green the course was in great shape, a club/club & half wind for a while . just made 3 bad swings. But overall it was a nice to be out there.

didn't play real well, but saved an 85 (42/43) by making a bunch of long putts today. 3 doubles ruined the round. Could have been a good score for me if I'd have eliminated a few stupid mistakes.

Shot 38-40, 78 at King & Bear Golf Course at the World Golf Village. Drove it well, hit some wedge shots close and made a couple birdies. Burned SEVERAL edges, but had good speed on and around the greens to start the year off. Highlight of the day was being able to play a nice track with troyefl and RPBGator. I know its been said before, but golf is just better with THPers.

Shot 38-40, 78 at King & Bear Golf Course at the World Golf Village. Drove it well, hit some wedge shots close and made a couple birdies. Burned SEVERAL edges, but had good speed on and around the greens to start the year off. Highlight of the day was being able to play a nice track with troyefl and RPBGator. I know its been said before, but golf is just better with THPers.
Nice round Buddy. I'm jealous you get to play...and play with solid guys like Roy and Troy. "What did you hit there?"

Shot a 99 53-46. Was a solid twenty mph wind. Loved the new irons just couldn't figure out my distances with them cuz of the wind. Found that out on the first hole when I flew the green with a 175 yard 7 iron. Also went back to my FT5 driver and gained yardage back off the tee.

Shot 44 on the front and 32 on the back in my weekly quota game for a solid 76. Played solid on the back 2 eagles and 7 pars. Once the slow 4some got of the course. I got in a pretty good rhythm just couldn't make a putt unless it was for eagle. Couldn't beat the weather though 65 and sunny. Some days southern NM ain't half bad :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back