What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got out again for some golf. Working on a few things on my swing so its a work in progress. 43 for nine holes. 1 bird, 3 pars, 3 bogies, 1 dbl and 1 triple. Only hit one green, that was the birdie. Scrambled for the 3 pars.

A terrible 48 on 9 holes in the wind.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Awesome playing, Randy. You and Josh are tearing it up lately. We'll have to get together when I get back in action.
Looking forward to it already, get yourself well soon my friend.

Shot a 45 tonight in league, with 15 putts. I was doing decently, but had a number of stupid mistakes.

Started on hole 15, a 463 yd par 5. Tee shot hooks left into the rough leaving 280 to the pin. Hit a 6 iron laying up to about 95, and then pitch it to just off the back fringe. Chip to 10 ft and 2 putt for bogey.

16, a 505 yard par 5. Drive is out to the middle of the fairway, but I slice my 2h into the woods only to get a favorable bounce back into the rough. Catch too much rough and end up about 60 yards from the pin, chip to 8 ft, 2 putt for bogey.

17 is a 137 yard par 3. Hit a 7 iron to 12 ft, almost made the birdie putt and had a conceded par.

18 is a 345 yard par 4 playing with the wind. Hit a nice drive into the fairway, with a PW to 8 ft. 2 putt for par.

10 is a 332 yard par 4 into a wind. Drive was just right of the fairway in the rough, with about 105 to go. PW to just off the fringe, chip to 4 feet, and make the putt for par.

11 is a 360 yard par 4, which was playing down wind. This is where the wheels started falling off. For some reason, I felt the need to try and swing as hard as I could, and end up topping the ball about 20 yards and to the left. Get to the ball and try to take my medicine and hit 4h instead of 3w since I can't get to the green in 1 anyway and hit my 4h so well. Hit it perfectly, only for it to hit a tree that I didn't think would be in play, and ended up about 20 yards in front of where I was. Hit the same 4h, this time perfectly, to about 40 yards. Blade my bump and run attempt to just off the back fringe, chip to 5 feet and make the putt to save double.

12 is a 155 yard par 3 over water. Blade my 7 iron to about 20 yards behind the green, but hit a nice touch 58* to about 3 feet and convert for par.

13 is a 346 yard par 4 with water in play and a forced layup for those of us not named ATLgolfer. Hit my 6 iron and the wind pushes it left into the rough. Have about 175 to the pin which should be a normal 4h, but for some reason I thought I should hit it really hard and end up topping it about 10 feet. The next shot is well below my feet, and I opt for the 4h again because it's longer, and I pull it over the water, through a tree, and into the sand. Get out of the sand only to fly the green by about 5 yards and I'm above the hole on a tricky downhill green. I use the 58* and land it just on the green but the slope takes it to about 8 feet below the hole, where I 2 putt for a triple.

14 is a 373 yard par 4. Again, in my stupidity, I really want to crush the ball only to top it about 30 yards. Pull out my trusty 4h that usually works so well, but the ball is setup on a rather hearty weed which causes me to try and get cute and make a steeper swing on the ball than normal and I proceed to hit it about 30 yards. Next shot was again with my 4h, and it was well struck into the middle of the green with about 150 left. 7 iron to 8 feet, 2 putt for the double.

I feel like I should have played better, and I just need to stop trying to kill the ball. It's not an overly long course, so just getting the ball in play should allow for some decent scoring, but my ego got the best of me tonight. Going out tomorrow after work, and my plan is to play it smart and see how the score comes out.

Shot 40-38, 78 at TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course.
etemuve9.jpg

played the worst round of 9 holes in a long time. shot 45 subbing in league. ( last week shot 38 ) hit the ball great on the warm up range. then when it came time play you would think i did not know which end of the club to hang onto. no rhythm or timing and 3 each 3 putts. 4 doubles, 2 bogeys, 2 pars and one birdie. only good thing i did was hit a 175 yard 5 iron to 4'8" to win closest to the pin. my ball make was 14" behind the pin, i put right over the flag. ( i did make the putt!!!)

Shot a 86 today. Started out terrible with a 45 seems I couldn't do any thing right with the swing, fat, thin nothing consistent. My partner commented that I was looking up during the swing so I really tried to watch the club hit the ball by concentrating on a dimple where I wanted he club to hit. What a difference, started making good contact. Still leaving a few putts short , but did improve to a 41 on the back nine.

got done with work early so i headed out the course. Was planning to just track around solo but got invited to join the head pro for a few holes so I jumped in. We started on 10, which is the golf bane of my existence, with about 10 balls of warm up under my belt. I proceeded to hack it around the course for the next 6 holes before they bailed because of the freezing cold issue. I went back out and finished off a 47/40 - 87. Im pretty sure I embarrassed myself, lol. This dude is headed out to play the senior open next week and I'm hacking it every way but backward. Awesome. I think I got rushed and never settled down. hit 8 FIR but only 5 GIR with no GIR on the front. Guess ya gotta tear it down to build it back up

Technical reasons...couldn't post these earlier, but here's my latest rounds from today, yesterday and the day before that.

Screen_Shot_2014_05_14_at_12_48_48.png

Screen_Shot_2014_05_14_at_12_48_56.png

Screen_Shot_2014_05_14_at_12_49_05.png

Nice dude! Three solid rounds there!

I normally play at an easier than average course, winchelsea view, I decided to try out Morningstar golf and country, a significant step up in difficulty was noted but I still managed to hit a 99, which for me is good. My average score at the easier course is about 97. I just got my new wedges today, cant wait to try them out on Saturday, hoping for more improvement!

What a tale of two 9's for me today. 43/36 for an +8 - 79.

Front side nothing went right. Good ball striking but just barely missing here and there and trying to save par from 15 feet the whole time.

Back side, the swing change is feeling normal and I made a grip change. Misses weren't penal and they became predictable. Birdie putt after birdie putt burned the edge. A double cost me my under par for the 9.

Overall though I feel great about my progress with the changes.

3 over 38 at my little course before Jr. League. It is a PB for me! It feels great.

No fairways but 5 greens 19 putts and 0 penalties.

Had chances for a couple birdies but putting was just a bit off all round. Gotta keep working at it.

3 over 38 at my little course before Jr. League. It is a PB for me! It feels great.

Had chances for a couple birdies but putting was just a bit off all round. Gotta keep working at it.

Congrats on PB!

GREAT round Jesse. Congrats on the 9 hole PB!

What a tale of two 9's for me today. 43/36 for an +8 - 79.

Front side nothing went right. Good ball striking but just barely missing here and there and trying to save par from 15 feet the whole time.

Back side, the swing change is feeling normal and I made a grip change. Misses weren't penal and they became predictable. Birdie putt after birdie putt burned the edge. A double cost me my under par for the 9.

Overall though I feel great about my progress with the changes.

Nice work, there. Nice turnaround

52/41 for 93. Ball striking and putting were horrific on front 9. Pushing everything to the right, I hit only 1 GIR and 3 putted way too much for a typical 9 hole score for me of 53. Then I had an ah-ha moment with my swing on the back 9. Started hitting everything solid and gathered 5 GIR with only one 3 putt. Drives were solid with no penalties. 41 is a PB for 9 holes and I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to my goal of breaking 90 this year.

Best round ever 86 today! So pumped up for the game growth so far this season!

Putting is my worst stat and I realized today I was stopping mid stroke and causing a push... Next learning point found and will assuredly drop scores further

Best round ever 86 today! So pumped up for the game growth so far this season!

Putting is my worst stat and I realized today I was stopping mid stroke and causing a push... Next learning point found and will assuredly drop scores further

Awesome PB!

42-40/82 at my local goat track.

7 FW
6 GIR
34 putts
9 pars
7 bogies
2 doubles

Gauntlet work is in full stride after my move this week!

Mine is going as well. Took a step back to make two steps forward. Gotta do this right!

76 with no birdies and 34 putts. I was very encouraged that the fitness routine and swing changes I've been working on are starting to show up on the golf course. My best drives are now longer than ever. Another month or two of work and I mights be able to replicate my new swing most of the time.

43/44 for a pedestrian 87. Same 9 twice, because there aren't 18 open yet.

And it could have been a thousand, for all I cared. This is my first round and I'm looking at about a 5 month season. I just want to play.
Putting will come back when the grass on the greens does. Touch was poor on chips. Didn't care.

D100 is pretty much what I thought. A touch shorter than the 907, but only goes sideways if I REALLY try and gorilla one out there. I'll see if the fairway's a better place to play from for a while.

9 hole course. Shot 39(+8), which included 3 double bogeys and a birdie. It was an interesting score card to look at. Second round, I shot 37(+6). Started the second round with 5 straight pars, but then started falling apart. Overall, it was a much better ball striking day than anytime in the past few months.

~Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back