What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the most utterly disappointing 87 today (42-45). I made great contact with the driver all day and hit two about 280, but couldn't find quite a few fairways. I hit a 6i out of the rough that flew the uphill green and went about 180 which led to a triple on #12. If I had decelerated with my putter any more today, it may have stopped before it got to the ball. I got to my car and sat in the driver's seat and just cried because I was beyond frustrated at myself.

5/13 FIR
5/18 GIR
33 putts
penalties-1 OB, 2 hazards (all off tee)

41/40=81 at Milledgeville CC from the white tees. 12/14 FWs, no 3 putts, 1 birdie. It rained the first 9 holes and I could not hit my irons for much at all. Satisfied with the score all things considered. Fun day with some good friends.

Nice round Randy. Sharpening up for Kinderlou I see. Solid!

I found something at least resembling my normal swing today after that debacle on Friday. Shot 79 (41,38), 12/14 fw, 10 GIR, 35 putts. I was pretty happy with everything except two 3-putts, and one missed 2-footer for birdie. If I was playing with THPers, that would have been a gimmie, but, these old coots at my home course are tough! I did make the four-footer coming back for par though. :act-up:

Shot a 78 at Fraserview my home course today, with 9 fairways hit and 12 GIR and 31 putts. My lowest round this year! Love how I have played as of late,79 and 80 at the Bridgestone. 80,82,79 before I left for Orlando. So pleased with how my games improved over the last year.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Tale of 2 nines again today. 52,42= 94. Front nine had 2 OBs and 3 triple bogeys. Glad I made a decent comeback. Trying to chisel away at that 21 hcp.

38/39 for a 77 at the home course today.

44/45 multiple pars and one birdie! First score under 100! Granted this was a short course (280 yd par 4's) but my last time on this course I shot a 102 so definite improvement.

42 (par 35) on a quick after work 9. Again I couldn't hit a damn fairway. Made a couple solid sand shots including one to save par though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Had a 48 (+13) today. 2 pars, 1 bogey, all the rest were doubles. 5/7 fairways, 0/9 GIR. 18 putts.

The GIR tells it all. From 80 yards and in, I was not good today. Very wet conditions, and the rough around the greens was thick thick thick. So slow putts plus chips that died well short of where they needed to go (save for one chip in to save par that was probably my best shot of the day) added a lot of strokes. I need to improve on that if I'm going to be playing at all this fall in these conditions in MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you shoot today?

Well it was a very frustrating day today. Thank god Wilson is coming up this weekend cause man oh man. I couldn't find the center of the club face all day long.

39-41

+8, 80

Edit: turns out 7000 yards is FAR.

Well it was a very frustrating day today. Thank god Wilson is coming up this weekend cause man oh man. I couldn't find the center of the club face all day long.

39-41

+8, 80

Edit: turns out 7000 yards is FAR.

Where did you play?

It could have been a good round if not for the mental mistakes today. Struck it well, putted well. 80 (38, 42)

45/42=87 at a different course today. NO THREE PUTTS! Wahoo! All my practice chipping around the green really helped to keep the score down as well. When I missed the green I was chipping them in real close and making 1 putts.

Tied my personal best of 37 on 9.

3 FIR
4 GIR
14 putts

Was driving way better than the fairways indicate, but was just off or through the fairway on a couple. The GBB is a straight up weapon.

45 on a par 35 today. I had 3 penalty shots, which really took my momentum away. My shots were either really good or really terrible, few shots in between today. I've got my first lesson in 2 months scheduled for tomorrow, I need to come up with a plan for improvement this winter, I'm tired of being mediocre.

An even 90 at Arcadia Bluffs on Tuesday. 45/45 and they really couldn't have been more different. First 9 (we started on 10) was plagued with bunker shots near the lips that were upwards of 8-10 feet high. 3 holes found that same situation, which resulted in 7s on each as it was impossible to get the ball out. Played the other 6 holes at even par with 4 pars, 1 bird, and 1 bogey. The second 9 wasn't as bad with lies in bunkers, but putts weren't falling at all. It consisted of 2 doubles and the rest bogeys. Overall I struck the ball well off the tee and when I play that course again, I know how I'll attack it better.

90 from the blues at Poipu Bay today. Probably could have been a bit better, but I was distracted by the views...

9TLu5UG-jLgDiOLWpOR0IgcEGzVJegmoy4h8ExLIAL3HsIElgUOYyC-AbQ3wtT61lzXcpn0zOAWvIvWfddYbUEY1JgyEgZjSFJuNSfF9-rq1zUduZVaax_-yUS4v8nF6IEORppXojZyam0VP6mRjQbnQqA03jE3jdk78W7iwbo0fN3gO4mbIzkZ5ZvJeXet9rsGJRfPNH6FaFjQFdl34xLuIQIsmtLfSdIcVWnx4zXmugtiYXgIdwIy51khX6SDcK5CxKAKxWmJrwefhWeH0r9DuOKs28Tgub4GY96sl9A3m2ndhum8l-meoMGo4SEWPtpu_Q61IV73sC2zLiI5qhXSRnIP4X-06ngfAkIZqM3erkW77DR0rmCA8E0TNMJmNRUk3ttnN_vmaXfZpCLM1Z7bY_NVMdbAjGDe9eKtaxx1xw95FwDVuEY56-lyKnTvZyRJ9TKqqFf1SAhR-hngWbzy3RVeMBUuvbX89Ob6f93mLHSp3QL7Lew82rbcUdyoSdmPEP98XH94QYWJtNf15zqOaPvU1L1iyS-DazVkZjTLS=w1303-h733-no

Played a short course today 5,960 par 70 and shot a 38 /37 with 3 birdies, best round in a while

So I played with a friend Sunday morning and I really thought I had turned a corner on my game.....hit most of my drives pretty well and was hitting decent approach shots, made 1 birdie to shoot 41 on the front after hitting my tee shot in the hazard on 9 and a ridiculous lost ball on 4 ( I swear a squirrel most have stolen it).

So I was thinking the front could have easily been a 38 or 39, teed of on 10 and made a nice 20 footer to save par and then the wheels fell off for 2 holes and I made back to back QUADS....yep quads....ended up with a 48 on the back for an 89, so I managed to settle down after the quads.....but felt like I really let a good round get away.

Played a decent round today that probably should have been so much better. It started out as a dream round with a birdie on the first hole and an eagle on the third (hole out from 85 yards on a par 5). Things were going along smoothly with me making mostly pars with an occasional missed birdie putt, About mid round though things started to go a little sour. I had not played with the other 3 guys before and didn't know what to expect. One guy was having a tough day an began throwing clubs after almost every shot and belly aching. The other two seemed to ignore everything but their own incessant chattering continually whether you were swinging or putting or not. I held it together until hole 8, when as I was about to attempt a long lag putt, one of the chatterboxes decided that he'd go ahead and putt. I don't know whether he though I needed more time or what. I had to stop and wait for him and then was so out of sorts, I four putted. Bpgeyed nine and finished the front at 39. Trouble was I couldn't get them out of my head, and, although the club thrower actually quit and went to the clubhouse after 12, I couldn't really get back into that nice rhythm and shot 42 on the back. That's the worst pairing I think I have ever had. Sadly, they are members and in our MGA, so it won't be the last time I have to play with them. It's a shame, because they aren't bad guys off the course. I'll be so happy to get back with a bunch of THPers this weekend!

Yikes, it takes all kinds and you never know until you see them at their worst

Damn Ken that's a rough one, also thanks for giving us a strategy for the weekend.

Must make make not to throw clubs at flag when Ken is putting. Lolol

far 6
gir 4
putts 19 two 3 jacks!

45 on a par 35 today. 1 eagle, 4 bogeys, 4 double bogeys...basically, it was 1 amazing hole and 8 crappy holes. I feel like I'm a 30 handicap off of the tee right now, it's pretty frustrating.

83 in a best ball tournament. I really played ok tee to green, but on the putting greens it's embarrassing. no hyperbole, I'm thinking about shutting it down for the rest of the year because I'm just not having fun. I have a tournament to play in next month, and if wouldn't inconvenience everyone else I'd probably drop out. all because the putting is so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back