What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 gir that's what I'm talking about. I'm lucky to have 3 or 4 during a round. That is my goal every time in play, gir. My driver swing was misbehaving today but I was striking my irons and wedges pretty well. Benched the driver on holes that did not require it and started to put together a few nice 5 iron 8 iron combos for a few gir's. 3 gir in 12 holes. Although my poor putting didn't help the score

My average GIR is 6 or 7, so hitting 10 today was way above normal.

42/38 for 80. Will ESC down to a 79. Played The Judge course at RTJ Golf Trail Capitol Hill.

Rainy drizzly day, so not what the weather man forecast. The 20% chance became a 100% chance. This course is screaming for a mixed tee rating. I had to choose from Orange at 6500+ or White at 5900+. With rain yesterday in the area and rain again while I was playing I chose the White.
8 FWY, 10 GIR (back to back rounds with the same numbers). 2 birdies. A Quad on the front nine after a chipping disaster on the 2nd hole. 4 chips to reach the green!

This is a great course though. I played here once before. I haven't played either of the other two courses at this trail stop, Senator and Legislator.

47/41 for 88. Pretty damn happy with the round. Wearing new glasses today and I have to say, the prescription had me missing puts left the whole damn time... not that it would have made my round any better if I were used to them with the way I have been putting lately.

A disappointing 84-42/42. Drove the ball horribly today.

A horrible 103. However that's because of 12 penalty strokes off the tee with the SLDR. I just cannot hit it consistently. Disappointing when you're hitting your irons great but every shot is from some weird spot on the course. Might be time to ditch the SLDR.

A horrible 103. However that's because of 12 penalty strokes off the tee with the SLDR. I just cannot hit it consistently. Disappointing when you're hitting your irons great but every shot is from some weird spot on the course. Might be time to ditch the SLDR.

But you played at your home course which a slice of heaven. I miss that place

But you played at your home course which a slice of heaven. I miss that place

And it was a beautiful day and I played with my dad which is always great. Only way it would have been better is if Danny Berger won the Honda and showed up to throw an after party with some of his $!

You need to come down to play again.

Shocking front 9 yesterday at my new club when I was drawn to play with the clubs captain, suffered with huge anxiety and just tried too hard, redeemed myself on the back 9 once I settled down hitting greens in regulation for a 4 over gross, could have been a lot better as I was putting for birdies but with wet & then dry greens there was no consistency to follow.

Started out with a bogey on our short par 5 1st which wasn't the best but pulled it back with a couple of birdies and another bogey to go 37-37 +2 74 today. After my 80 on sat this feels so much better.

45-49: 94 after only one other round in the last two months. Hit one green all day - too many drives left me blocked by trees. Even so, I was +7 on 13 holes and +15 on the other five, including two doubles, two triples, and a quad - with five penalty strokes on the day.

On the plus side, only 29 putts and zero 3 putts - burned the edge all day. I literally left 9 putts inside an inch left or right. Only got a few to drop outside of tap in range.

Just nice to get out and play for a while.

47/46 for 93. First time I have been paired with a complete stranger in over a year. Pretty sure it bothered me a bit since I was really looking forward to a "headphones on and work on shots" round. In the end though it was a stress free and fun round.

We were supposed to have rain all day but I wanted to get out and am glad I did. It was a little misty at the start but finished with 72 degrees and occasional sun. The course is super wet right now, so bad that I played preferred lies and I almost never do that. After a totally frustrating round Sunday (93) today started the same way by just missing greens and putts so I was seven over after six holes. But then I found a little adjustment and made par on #7, and played our toughest six holes 7-12 at two over par, then played the last six holes at one over for a total of 82 (43, 39)

I hit one green in the first six holes and only missed two greens the rest of the way...crazy game sometimes!

We were supposed to have rain all day but I wanted to get out and am glad I did. It was a little misty at the start but finished with 72 degrees and occasional sun. The course is super wet right now, so bad that I played preferred lies and I almost never do that. After a totally frustrating round Sunday (93) today started the same way by just missing greens and putts so I was seven over after six holes. But then I found a little adjustment and made par on #7, and played our toughest six holes 7-12 at two over par, then played the last six holes at one over for a total of 82 (43, 39)

I hit one green in the first six holes and only missed two greens the rest of the way...crazy game sometimes!

Good stuff you ole coot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was like old times today. Played with a friend of mine Tim and teed off at 8:15 and finished by 10:05. Shot 81 with a 41 on the front and 40 on the back at a tough scoring course. Started with a bogey and then a double, so pretty happy about the score.

It was like old times today. Played with a friend of mine Tim and teed off at 8:15 and finished by 10:05. Shot 81 with a 41 on the front and 40 on the back at a tough scoring course. Started with a bogey and then a double, so pretty happy about the score.

under two hours you guys were flying. Nice score also. funny how an 81 on some days feels like a 70 and and 81 on other days feels like 100

First round this year... 38-37 = 3 over 75.
The lowest first round of my life.

What did you shoot today?

From the blue tees which is a slope of 130, and the type of course where most people would say the slope rating is low.

40/41-81

I had 37 putts, which looks horrible. Except that I actually putted great. Lag putting was fantastic. I missed three throwaway four footers where my playing partners were slow and we were being pushed so I was rushed.

From the blue tees which is a slope of 130, and the type of course where most people would say the slope rating is low.

40/41-81

I had 37 putts, which looks horrible. Except that I actually putted great. Lag putting was fantastic. I missed three throwaway four footers where my playing partners were slow and we were being pushed so I was rushed.

Really solid round Frank! Sounds like you hit a lot of greens!

40/41-81

Solid round Frank!

Really solid round Frank! Sounds like you hit a lot of greens!

Solid round Frank!

Thanks guys. 4 FWs and 9 GIRs, but with about 3 exceptions the misses weren't penal. All in all a very encouraging round.

Very disappointing 46. Me and my putter simply refused to get along. Numerous 3-putts.

Frustrating knock yesterday in my sweep, off the tee really solid but 2nd shots were poor, missed too many greens and chipping in the scabby winter conditions is a lottery, still amassed 19 points on the front though and then again on the back and that was with a silly treble on an easy par5 which I hooked into the river with my 2nd long iron (too handsy) but I finished with 3 decent pars on the last 3 holes all in regulation.

My winter changes to the bag and what I'm trying to work and concentrate on are showing promise so I'm looking forward to the official start of our qualifiers in April.

Played in the club weekly comp today. Found out on the first tee that it was stroke, then promptly too 14 shots on that hole. Thoughts of a cricket score round began. Afetr that it calmed down a bit and came oit with 59 on the front 9, 45 on the back for 104 gross, 79 net. Final hole though crowned a good back 9, hit my sand wedge third shot from about 50 metres to land about 20 cm from the hole, simple putt in for par. Woohoo, really pleased with the overall result and it goes to show that not dwelling on a really bad hole can make a difference.

That's a quick round. Im guessing you were in a cart and not walking?

42 - 36 - 78. Obviously found my groove at the turn. 1 birdie, 1 double. Best part of the round was that the first 3 clubs I every re-shafted myself (this week) all stayed in tact through the round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back