What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
79 @Disney Palm

Another 92. I think this is my fourth one of the year, and I've only had about six rounds.

What's worse is it was on the back nine (the easier nine) since they were aerating the front nine today.

40/44 at heritage eagle bend. Started even thru 7 with 2 bogeys and 2 birdies. Then a triple from a stupid decision to hit 4 iron from a severely downhill lie. From then I couldn't get back in the game
Serves you right...was a wonderful day to be out thats for sure.

Did you see Abe? Want to play with that young man again. I can only hope to be playing golf at 95!

After shooting a PB 85 Sunday, I followed it up today after work with a two over 39 on the front 9 at Seminole in Tallahassee, a new PB for nine holes. We waited out a lightning delay and decided to go off the forward tees to speed it up a bit, which still plays 3,052 yards. Three straight pars, three straight bogeys then a birdie on nine after my eagle putt stayed above the hole. Putting was a little difficult as the greens were punched earlier today. Very cautiously optimistic with how I'm playing lately.

Serves you right...was a wonderful day to be out thats for sure.

Did you see Abe? Want to play with that young man again. I can only hope to be playing golf at 95!
No Abe... but I did see a bunch of retired people lol

shot a 53 today. had 3 blow up holes that killed me. gotta get those under control.

I got out for a quick 9'and shot a 40, I was even through 7 and got a call related to work and promptly tripled the 8th and bogeyed the 9th. This bag is going to take some getting used too. I had a 458 yd par 4 and hit driver 7 iron pin high lol, in the old days it would have been driver 4 or 5 iron depending on wind.

I got out for a quick 9'and shot a 40, I was even through 7 and got a call related to work and promptly tripled the 8th and bogeyed the 9th. This bag is going to take some getting used too. I had a 458 yd par 4 and hit driver 7 iron pin high lol, in the old days it would have been driver 4 or 5 iron depending on wind.
I hate it when work gets in the way of golf...

Lol no doubt dude, I was a little rattled after the call and it showed the next 2 holes.

What a tale of two nines... played heritage at westmoor with pokeslice, j4u and milehighgolfer. 46,37 for 83. I could not do anything right in the front. One birfie and a bunch of big numbers, no pars. Just zero focus. Started the back with par, birdie, birdie par. Then bogeyed three out of the remaining holes. Lot of three putts today on sanded fast bumpy greens

What a tale of two nines... played heritage at westmoor with pokeslice, j4u and milehighgolfer. 46,37 for 83. I could not do anything right in the front. One birfie and a bunch of big numbers, no pars. Just zero focus. Started the back with par, birdie, birdie par. Then bogeyed three out of the remaining holes. Lot of three putts today on sanded fast bumpy greens
Way to bounce back, bud!

42-42/84 2 birds 4 pars 10 bogey 2 doubles...and 37 putts was the killer. Had my first 4 putt! Was a blast though with Kang, MHG and pokeslice!

Played 9 at Mens nite, shot a 44 with 2 three putt bogies and 1 penalty (drove thru the fairway into water on a dog right) oops forgot to get some fade on that one. On the up side I was 2 under my cap.

Avoided triple digits with a 49/49=98 on a day of unspectacular golf. 39 putts was definitely my highest in a long time as I couldn't read anything. All this on my home course which is gearing up to host the local US Open qualifier. I will play elsewhere until that event is over and the course gets dialed down a few notches.

Avoided triple digits with a 49/49=98 on a day of unspectacular golf. 39 putts was definitely my highest in a long time as I couldn't read anything. All this on my home course which is gearing up to host the local US Open qualifier. I will play elsewhere until that event is over and the course gets dialed down a few notches.
Wow, must be a tough track if it's up for a regional qualifier. I played carnoustie in scotland once in tough championship conditions and it was nearly impossible..

I've been firing lately, went 87, 85 and a 39 for nine holes that was suspended due to darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Disney LBV today and went 43/41 for an 84. Had 5 putts lip out, 3 for birdie. All in all a good round with iffy putting.

Played my neighborhood course today and had the chance to do something different. Since it was 45* and windy, I had the course to myself and decided to play two balls. I played two identical balls with different numbers to test if your second shot "Bubba" is really better. My first ball scored a 44/46-90 and Bubba was 40/48-88 so Bubba was slightly better. He also beat my first ball 2&1 if it was match play with 10 of the holes having identical scores. The main difference was I hit zero GIRs with my first ball. I'm either pulling my irons or pushing them right. Two way miss is not good stuff.

Walking and playing two balls took its toll as my swing became tired towards the end. But it was good work as I need to get sharper for Kentucky next week.

Played my neighborhood course today and had the chance to do something different. Since it was 45* and windy, I had the course to myself and decided to play two balls. I played two identical balls with different numbers to test if your second shot "Bubba" is really better. My first ball scored a 44/46-90 and Bubba was 40/48-88 so Bubba was slightly better. He also beat my first ball 2&1 if it was match play with 10 of the holes having identical scores. The main difference was I hit zero GIRs with my first ball. I'm either pulling my irons or pushing them right. Two way miss is not good stuff.

Walking and playing two balls took its toll as my swing became tired towards the end. But it was good work as I need to get sharper for Kentucky next week.
Bubba is better. It is proven science lol

40/40 - 80. I'm close.

Hitting a lot of good shots, just need a couple more putts to fall and cut out the doubles for good. Currently in love with my Bertha 815. Launching it higher than I ever have before. May even loft it down a little to see if I can squeeze a little more distance out of it. I'm also hitting my irons higher than ever, too. Really working on getting my right hand on top of the club with my grip. I'm even starting to hit a little fade with the driver, which is new and I even hit a couple of fades with irons when I needed to. I know I'm playing good golf when I'm hitting everything straight and right now, everything is straight as a string. Not hitting many greens, but I'm close enough to have easy up and downs. I think the GIRs will come in time, though.

C1GRwxc.png

Cold day in central NJ. Temps were just above 40, and very windy. Our foursome played a team 2-person scramble. My partner and I were -4 after 18, as were our opponents. Lots of fun despite the weather.

Shot an 84. More importantly, I won Hole #18 to Square my Match in the Club Match Play Tourney, against arguably the best golfer and #1 Seed. Back tomorrow for sudden death.

43 in a 9 hole tournament through a club loosely associated with my work. It was the first tournament I've played in that wasn't something like a 4 man scramble.

Still knocking off the rust of a 6+ month layoff

47/44 = 91

too many doubles and triples

Weird but promising round. Good news: had 8 pars, which is a record for me.
Bad News: Shot 46/45 for a 91.

Figure that one out. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back