What did you shoot today?

Shot a disappointing +9 (44) in sim league while trying to figure out how to get more of a positive AoA with my driver. My poor baby almost got some sky marks. In the good news, bad news category I'm flipping less which is giving me more yardage. Just when I had everything almost worked out I had to mess it up by trying to swing better. :LOL::LOL:

Put up a 43/39 - 82 yesterday. I have not broken 80 in 9 rounds now, but the ball striking is coming together. Still not hitting a ton of greens, but I am finding the center of the club face more often. I also putted pretty well (28 total; 11 putts on the back nine). Hopefully, the driver fitting this weekend paid off and I can start seeing some benefits once I decide to bite the bullet on ordering the new shaft.

+10, 82 at my home course. Had a good putting day and was fairly even keeled through the bag. Some trouble off the tee, but my misses were by yards and not miles. Two drives OB, but my dispersion is so much better. I even posted my first eagle on a par 5 this year; found the fair way, stuck a long iron on the front of the green and drained a 20 foot putt. That will keep my happy for a long while!

34/35 = 69 (-3)

21 putts. 9 on the back. Played the 4 5’s at -5 so it could’ve been a lot better.

46/45 for a 91, in 30+ mph winds. Finished with a birdie on the par 5 18th, that was a nice way to end. Course was fairly crowded but moving pretty well, we finished in 3:24.

Last edited:
77 today which is +6. It was 41* with about a 15 mph wind when we teed off. I bogeyed the first 5 holes then birdied 6 and played the rest of the way in 2 over. I drove the ball solid and when I missed greens I was in spots that made it easy to get up and down. Great day for November in Massachusetts. Even better that my son was home for Thanksgiving and he is playing great for him. Last Saturday he broke 90 at our club for the first time and has now gone under 90 his last three rounds in cold windy weather.

We are stealing days now. Hopefully I will get a few more rounds in this year.

31-33 on a 6500y par 71. Moved really fast 😬, had a bunch of laughs, had a couple crap shots, but mostly did what I'm supposed to do (played the par 5's and "driveable" par 4 st -5), and greenside wedges were on. Lots of kick in birdies and pars. Fun! The holiday spirits were in full effect!

Snuck out this aft for 9 at Ventana Canyon. Played the canyon course. Shot a 39 and started off with a birdie! Every FW hit off the tee which was nice. Course was in great condition and we had a blast. Snuck a few more holes in before it got dark.
0BC99F21-3863-4AEB-A9B0-0A4BEB872764.jpeg02AC9D5C-2542-40BD-850F-FECFB7392ECD.jpegB3319FE8-CCAD-4A74-B1A9-8B50DAAA3CDC.jpegB30C631F-0B2F-4CEA-9F17-88816C87D607.jpeg29BF32A1-9663-4E5F-A187-A763D04AF80B.jpegC244F40E-91FF-4ED7-B228-D64659A0759B.jpeg

Love that course! The distance between some of the holes is pretty amazing though - it feels like a two-mile drive just to get to the first tee from the pro shop! :LOL:

Another sim round tonight. Swing was not clicking so I had to be my own hype man after some tough ones. 47/42 for an 89.

I shot even par 27 today on nine holes.

CC11482B-594D-4AD3-BCF1-C6ECA839550A.jpeg

Was only going to walk 9 but when I made the turn my buddies where just getting ready to tee off so walked another 9.
First 9, 40 4/7 FIR 2 GIR and 15 putts.
Second 9, 40 7/7 FIR 4GIR and 17 putts. Every green I missed I failed to get up and down for par. Was nice to be out though and a great day for walking the course.

PISS POOR 45/37 :banghead:

40/41 for an 81 (par 71). It was my buddy’s first round in six weeks, he’s been dealing with/recovering from the ‘Rona, great to have him back.

7/14 FW, 8/18 GIR, 30 putts. Rolled the SeeMore M7 Platinum again today, it’s making a strong run at the #1 spot right now.

+5 for 9. Two doubles, a bogey and 6 pars. 100% FIR, 66% GIR. Ball striking was so much better than the score.

I shot.. I have no flipping idea. Watch stopped working on #2, scorecard keeper lost track of the duties, putts were being raked, and I basically spent the whole round running up to my ball, hitting it quick, and then tending to anything and everything that would keep things moving. And I honestly can't remember the last time I truly had no idea what I shot. Like, at all. Too many other things! And I feel like that should've been liberating, but instead it was just exhausting. :LOL:

I know I drove the ball well, because if I ran up to my tees ahead of the group, that was my 15 seconds of peace for the hole, but that's about it.

40/41 for an 81 (par 71). It was my buddy’s first round in six weeks, he’s been dealing with/recovering from the ‘Rona, great to have him back.

7/14 FW, 8/18 GIR, 30 putts. Rolled the SeeMore M7 Platinum again today, it’s making a strong run at the #1 spot right now.
Nice day! Love that M7 too!

I shot.. I have no flipping idea. Watch stopped working on #2, scorecard keeper lost track of the duties, putts were being raked, and I basically spent the whole round running up to my ball, hitting it quick, and then tending to anything and everything that would keep things moving. And I honestly can't remember the last time I truly had no idea what I shot. Like, at all. Too many other things! And I feel like that should've been liberating, but instead it was just exhausting. :LOL:
CHAOS!! 🤣

Haha SO much of it. I don't know how you ever still get to play as a coach! It felt like my golf was number 47 on the list of things that needed to happen at any one moment. Madness.

Haha SO much of it. I don't know how you ever still get to play as a coach! It felt like my golf was number 47 on the list of things that needed to happen at any one moment. Madness.
It’s tough. It’s impossible to take ones own game serious, so, inevitably the freshmen always think less of it than they should…until we play match play one day :LOL:

34/39=73 on a shorter course at 5700 today. I don't like splitting tees when playing with a group and all these guys where quite a bit older than me so why not.
Had an eagle on the front and just missed one on the back.
10FIR 12GIR and 30 putts was a fun round and interesting hitting 9 iron or less into all the par 4s.

43-44 for 87. Played the Ruby tees today which changes Sewalio tremendously. Tee game was really good it was my 2nd shots that cost me on a few holes. I also got no putts to drop on the birdie opportunities. I am playing there Dec 11th in their AM championship so I needed the longer tee looks. Will be grinding till that day for sure. Below is the 13th par 3 playing 224 today. That bunker is an absolute monster also. I hit my 5 wood to the center of the green!
9C18045C-2FA1-4E43-9D42-05B8DEB489BE.jpeg99694D6F-0ED4-48E8-A54C-25041566B3ED.jpeg

Here is the 17th tee tough hole slopes right with water all down the right side to the green.
A285CC74-89A3-4891-8C64-B45FE92AC39B.jpeg
And 18th tee box with @Wildcat4life teeing off!
CB0A0A5F-AC38-41D5-8E0C-ABCFBDF2F98B.jpeg

Back