What did you shoot today?

Out early today. Played 18. Carded an 82 for my effort. Played pretty well. Didn't hit anything to far off line. Surprisingly happy with some of my drives.

A little chilly, and cloudy. Our terrific, fall golf weather might be heading east. Still nice weather though.

Putting (33) could've been better. I had a 3 putt that was kind of annoying. Got in to big of a hurry missing a 3 foot come back. Yesterday practicing 5 footers, I felt confident. Missed a couple of those today when it counted. It happens

Out early today. Played 18. Carded an 82 for my effort. Played pretty well. Didn't hit anything to far off line. Surprisingly happy with some of my drives.

A little chilly, and cloudy. Our terrific, fall golf weather might be heading east. Still nice weather though.

Putting (33) could've been better. I had a 3 putt that was kind of annoying. Got in to big of a hurry missing a 3 foot come back. Yesterday practicing 5 footers, I felt confident. Missed a couple of those today when it counted. It happens
Rock solid round! (y)

We had an unseasonably warm day today (72 for a high), so I took the day off and got a round in. I have not played since mid-September, but have been to the range a few times. I've been working on increasing my driver distance by getting more horizontal on the back swing. I used it on the course today with decent results. Initially I was slicing pretty bad but over the round it got better. I saw some pretty good results, every single drive was well struck. I generally average around 200-210 total, and I was still getting that into a fairly stiff wind. I saw a few in the 225 range and had a couple of wind aided drives of 235 and 250. That's really good for me.

Anyway, I was hitting my irons pretty good too and carded a 47/49 - 96. It could have been much better except my chipping and putting cost me several strokes. All in all, I was pretty pleased with my ball striking.

Shot 39-40-79 in a wind-blown round today. It may be our last round of the season here in NW Ohio, since the long range weather forecast
doesn't look like it's going to be warm enough (to me, 50 degrees is about my limit....unless it's in the mid-to-high 40's with NO wind). It's
been a good season, and although I'll miss playing, I could use a little time off to re-charge the batteries!!!

Ugh. 51/49 for an even 100. A combination of playing a tight, unforgiving course and me not having any semblance of a game today. I think this is only the first or second time this year I've been in triple digits. Offset by the fact that it was a beautiful, sunny 78 degree day with friends, and left me plenty of room for improvement in my next round.

38/38 - 76

Had 5 birdies too. :(

What SHOULD have been…

Beautiful day today, but very windy. We played, as usual, from the forward (Senior?) tees.
I had 2 birdies, and 2 other par putts hit the pin and spin 6" out. But it was a good driving, ball striking and putting day. Shot 41/37 for 78, matching my low round for this year.

Went for a drive today. Destination was a nut & candy store in Beatty NV. Going to stock up for the holidays. We decided to take the route through Death Valley.

Furnace Creek in Death Valley has an 18 hole golf course. All below sea level. Since I usually travel with my clubs, I decided to play. My wife would drive the cart.

Par 70, 114/69. It wasn't pretty. I stunk up the place in fine fashion with a 90. (46/44) 30 putts. Missed an 89 by two lip outs both in the 8' foot range.

I lost 5 strokes to lost balls. My pitches to the pin sucked a few too many times. I flew the ball over two greens from 80 yards. Had three 6s on my score card. I can go several rounds with no 6s.

Only club working well for me was my putter. Made some really nice putts. My driver played well for me also.

Not going to blame the course conditions. I own everything I do on a golf course. However, the greens were rock hard, and balls wouldn't hold. Perhaps all that rye/burmuda grass ate some of my shots. Actually I don't know what type of grass it was.

I just didn't play well today.

But I still had fun, and there's tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nice, lightly windy day in the Carolinas today. I’m almost 68....
but, health is good - and get to play a couple of times a week. Played 9 today and had a 42. If I could have putted somewhat better.... well, you know the story. Did have one birdie on a par 4. Thankful to be able to be out there!

40/42 for a real nice feeling 82 in my sim round tonight. First time breaking 90, swing changes are starting to feel much more natural. Lots of work still left to do here this winter.

42/44 for an 86 today. Another beautiful fall desert day for golf. Greens on this course are stupid fast - if you get above the hole you’re screwed, you can’t hit it soft enough to keep it from running 8 feet past, and the breaks are subtle and hard to read. 10/14 FW, 5/18 GIR, 35 putts with 5 three-jacks.

I played a match and won 3 & 2, but that probably represents by how many inches, and it was because of the layout.

I was confident going in because of the distance and the fact that 12 HOLES turn some amount of left, 1 straight, and only 1 to the right. As a draw player who just got hit favorite driver back up and running, that course is tailor made for me. And I took advantage in every way I planned to.

Sweet JEEBUS that kid played good though. Where's the mind blown emoji? I played my ass off, and layout took over in the end, but I couldn't shake his approach game and clutch putting for a long time. That's probably the best golf I've even seen since a match last year in Vegas. I played this guy last year here on a different course, and he definitely had a day, but man he's improved. I just hardly even have the words for what went on out there for most of the round.

Fun stuff. (y)

44/43 for 87 on par 71 bleh. Surprisingly score is above average for me even though I didn’t feel on my game putt or approach wise.

No penalties and hit off the tee fantastic though

46/43. 5 pars and a birdie. 32 putts. 5 penalties.

one away from a personal best. 4th time breaking 90!

41/40=81 on a par 71 Beautiful day in KS for late November.
I have played this course 10-12 times in the last year and this will be the course for membership next year. Was able to play with the mens club today and they where welcoming. Course was in good shape for late fall time.

As a seasonal linkster, I'll be haunted by this thread all winter.

started par, birdie, par, par...joined up with a pair because...well, i had to...kinda stopped keeping score but made more pars than bogeys on the 9 i played with them. the driver made a nice showing after i talked it down when hitting the UW the first few tees...then, KABLAMMO! drivin' for dough.

Shot a 41-41-82. I’m going to need to get my knee surgery sooner rather than later. I just can’t get to my left side right now and it is messing everything up. Not to mention it hurts and is swollen to all hell. But I’ll play again tomorrow because I am a moron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

37/43 for a round of 80

Frustrating and disappointed with it to be honest as I had 4 3-putts in the round which cost me a good score and 37 putts in total

Also disappointed in the fact that I had the disc system on my shoes break as well on the 7th hole so I didn't have as good a footing as I would have liked

39-38-77 today with a 7 on short par 5 12th hole and a 3 putt 6 on Par 5 5th hole(my nemesis hole). Personal best though. Of course there isn't going to be much more golf for me in the NorthEast, depending on the weather. Playing in a Black Friday scramble but then the weather is supposed to turn colder next weekend.

Terrible 42/47 today. Just couldn't do anything today, but the company was good with @shanewu. Mid 40's temps with 15 mph north winds was not a good combo.

Played terrible today, 48\47 for a 95 with 38 putts, even had a 4putt on the first hole. Screenshot_20211121-165329_TheGrint.jpg

39-40. Kiddo got me a couple times yelling for me as I was over the ball. Not the end of the world, had a blast with her overall. Just thought the yell was because something happened to her and not just that she found a bug 🤦🏻‍♂️

Should have listened to myself and not played. Knee looks like a swollen mess and hurts like crazy. Had a very odd round. Shot a 45-35-80. Figured out on 9 how to swing with my knee issue and obviously scored much much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back