What did you shoot today?

Played a new course to me on Friday that should be a good tune-up for this week. 6600 from the tips, with excellent, quick, and true rolling greens.

45+42=87 (+16). Only 6/14 fairways, but 6 GIRs, which is above average for me.

Driver was good, bad, and ugly.

Irons were good. Arccos says +1.2 strokes gained vs a 9-hdcp for Approaches, which is almost 5 better than usual. I hit some great-for-me approach shots. Ball-striking with irons has been good recently, since I've started playing again after the back pain pause.

Short game flat-out stunk, which was disappointing after the par-3 round earlier this week. Putting seemed good, but it still took 36 putts to get in the hole.

Poor decisions (plural) led to a quadruple bogey 8, that torpedoed my front nine score. Get rid of the three-putts and double bogeys, and this round could've been a lot better.

Yesterday, absolutely my worst round of the year. A 95 (11.2 index) where absolutely nothing was working. All facets of the game were horrible.

38/36=74 12-FIR 11-GIR 33 putts. Driver was really good and the misses where not far off fairway and playable. Irons have really come around and the adjustment I made worked really good. Was fun to play today.

Played with the better half today and paired up with a couple gentlemen. What a beautiful course and weather!

Hole 18 Tips Box looking back towards 17
20220918_125214.jpg
Looking down from tee box at 17th green
20220918_125258.jpg
View from down behind tee box towards 18 fairway. There is a fairway out there, haha. Not too difficult really as carry is only about 200. But it's always acrt path only.
20220918_125307.jpg

The whole course is scenic and just so peaceful!
IMG_20220918_154405.png

53 + 45 = 98

I had a stretch on the front where it felt like I forgot how to swing a golf club. Fortunately, I ended up pulling it together.

48/46 for a 94 today.... had a few holes where I hurt myself off the tee box, and got doubles. Had a birdie, but no pars as opposed to Friday where I had 6 pars. Had 3-4 that rode the rim and just didn't drop. It is what it is, but bad breaks kept me over 90. Really happy with the way I'm hitting the ball right now though.

Played with the better half today and paired up with a couple gentlemen. What a beautiful course and weather!

Hole 18 Tips Box looking back towards 17
View attachment 9121538
Looking down from tee box at 17th green
View attachment 9121539
View from down behind tee box towards 18 fairway. There is a fairway out there, haha. Not too difficult really as carry is only about 200. But it's always acrt path only.
View attachment 9121540

The whole course is scenic and just so peaceful!
View attachment 9121541

That looks like a beautiful course! Where is that?

That looks like a beautiful course! Where is that?
The Ridge at Castle Pines North.
Castle Rock Colorado.
https://www.playtheridge.com/

They were setting up for the Avalanche tournament. Pins were freaking nuts!

It is close to the Sanctuary where they used to hold the BMW I think. Can also see the Castle Pines course the ReMax guy built and his mansion on top of a hill from hole 9.

41/37=78. Par 71 rated 133/72. No birdies. Greens getting fast for upcoming LPGA tournament.

Back felt a little better today and still played pretty well. Shot a 35-39-74 with 2 birdies and 4 bogies. Hope it holds up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a bad day with 8 penalty strokes (1ob, 6 in the water, and 1 lost ball that should have been like 10yd right of the green) and still shot 91.

Was a bad day with 8 penalty strokes (1ob, 6 in the water, and 1 lost ball that should have been like 10yd right of the green) and still shot 91.
Dang....that's a lot of penalties and still 91. Lots of pars and birds to offset?

Dang....that's a lot of penalties and still 91. Lots of pars and birds to offset?
8 pars, no birds. 6 doubles and an 8 (that one had 2 balls in the water because I was dumb and tried to hero shot the first one and chunked the next)

It's a funny funny game, and you never know the hand you're gonna be dealt.

42/44 for an 86 today at a course that beat me up earlier this year. Driving and approach game was pretty good today despite 1 penalty off the tee. Didn’t putt super well but the short game was performing (40% up and down). 5 pars, 1 birdie, 8 bogeys, and 4 doubles on the day. Felt really good to have some confidence in the swing and be back under 90.

46/43 = 89

was even through the first 5 holes with birdie, par, par, bogie, par and even over the last 4 with par, par, bogie, birdie.

But the holes in between, way to many doubles and a triple or two.

45/38 for an 83. Nothing worse than bogey, but I had a lot of them. 1 birdie, 4 pars, 13 bogeys.

I can be an overthinker on the course, and today was an interesting day for that. I was trying the GHIN app on my Apple Watch for the first time and couldn't get it working right, so I was canceling/deleting rounds, rebooting my watch and phone and restarting, re-entering scores to catch back up, canceling and deleting and restarting again - all in between shots as we were playing. I finally gave up on it and downloaded the 18Birdies app, created an account, started the app, caught my scores/stats up, and started figuring how to use it - again, all in between shots and keeping up with the other guys. I didn't have time to overthink my swings, it was get out of the cart, get yardage, hit ball, go back to playing with watch. I should play distracted like that more often! :LOL:

37/39 = 76
Had one 3 putt (bogey par 5 :mad: ) and one double to offset 3 birdies. That's me closest to the pin, left the putt half a rotation from dropping.
096E8235-62C1-466F-A8EA-569526765283.jpeg

37/39 = 76
Had one 3 putt (bogey par 5 :mad: ) and one double to offset 3 birdies. That's me closest to the pin, left the putt half a rotation from dropping.
View attachment 9121855
Ventana Canyon, Mountain Course :love:

Great round, a 76 on that course ain't easy!

Ventana Canyon, Mountain Course :love:

Great round, a 76 on that course ain't easy!
Yeah, bested my next best there by 6 shots. Played the Gold tees @ about 6200.
As you know, reading the near perfect, fast greens is the challenge.
Forgot to note that we went out in front of a PGA sectional tournament, so quite a few tucked pins.

Last edited:
Played on Sunday and shot 83 (42/41)

Normally I would have been disappointed with that score, but I was just thankful to be able to get out and play after the last couple of weeks and my back problem
Started off slow, then had a bit of a run in the middle of the round, including driving the short par 4 10th hole and missing the eagle putt, but I started to struggle towards the end of the round as my body stiffened up

Back