What did you shoot today?

87 on a par 70. Adjusted for PB I was one off. Everything was clicking for the most part except a tad heavy on chipping and couldn't read a putt to save my life. Don't think I made one putt over 6 feet, but the pace and strike were great. Will be working on improving that.

Played yesterday afternoon. The front 9 at my home course can be brutal. The first hole is a short easy almost drivable par 4 for me. 2 is the #3 handicap hole and 3 is the #1 handicap hole. 3 ate my lunch as usual. Worst tee shot of the day sitting in thick rough about 2 feet above my feet. It was bad. I finished the front +7 with a 43. It should have been better though. I crushed my tee shot on the par 5 #6. It is a 90* dogleg right behind a hill and you can go over and cut the corner which I did. The problem was the ball rolled about 8" across into the rough on the far side of the fairway haha. I was only 160 out but the rough was brutal. I came up short with trying to get there in 2. The back was a different story though. Par 5 #11 I almost hit my drive too far as there is a creek that splits the fairway and I stopped just short of it. I just missed the green in 2 pin high about 10 yards left of the green with my second shot and managed a birdie. 12 was my only "bad" hole on the back. My drive was decent but I caught my 8i approach on the toe and came up short in a deep greenside bunker. I got out but it was a long putt I missed and ended up with a bogey. I was at even par on the back when I got to the par 5 #16. Hit a nice long drive up the right side of the fairway and proceeded to smoke my 4u to the back right side of the green in 2. I just missed a long downhill breaking eagle putt but walked away with the birdie. With pars on the final 2 holes, I finished the back 9 1 under with a 35. Not a bad outing just wish I had not had a few bad breaks on the front.

Last edited:
Very breezy and gusty today. Shot a HORRIBLE 94. Really bad iron play. Terrible wedge game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 today my third consecutive round on ocean side courses with 20+ mph winds. The 81 was a real solid round where I left probably only 2 or 3 strokes out there and didn’t make any doubles. Without a PCC adjustment this equates to a 4.7 differential. Frankly I think par for the course today was probably 75.

Today was an OK day. Shot a 40-38-78. Putter did not cooperate but ball striking was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My game continues to be up and down. Played a course I haven’t played before. 45-42 | 87. Swing felt ok. Putting was completely foreign. Not sure what the heck I was doing. Oh well, on to the next round.

37 - 39 - 76. A lot of wind + mediocre ball striking = a lot of short game on-course practice. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

20200921_161624.jpg
72.8/137 @ 6856

I played and putted like a madman today, but by the time we were done, I really couldn't remember the feeling. Back half was insanely slow. New irons were better, but I'm pully with them it seems. Most birdies came on specialty approach though, which all have the same, different shafts, so... might be about time to make some changes. Lots of good conversation, ran into some nice people out there, and really pleasant weather, so I can't really complain I guess. Worse ways to spend a day.

Made a dedicated effort to play more aggressively to good putting positions today, and it helped. I'd honestly gotten lazy about it hitting so many greens lately.

Last edited:
73. 36/37. Hit the ball really well for the most part. Had 3 birdies which always helps. Punched greens were annoying but beautiful weather

Shot a PB for 9 in league tonight. Shot a 40. So fun to be driving the ball well.

9 holes tonight

34 (-1)
2 birdies and 1 bogey

Don't think I have many more rounds of golf in the evening after work as it's starting to get dark earlier now

36 - 41 - 77. What started out as a very promising round, -2 through 7, quickly turned into anything but after 7 bogeys in 8 holes from 8 - 15. 2 birdies, 9 pars and 7 bogeys.

74 today. 38/36. Hit a lot of fairways and greens but didn’t make many putts, still a good round.

Got 13 holes in last night; shot 8-over 58. 4/9 fairways, and only 1 GIR, again.

Whatever magic I found in May-July seems to have vanished the last few weeks. That's 2/31 GIRs in my last two trips out. Unacceptable.

Driver is a mess and irons are turning left too much and too often.

38/37 = 75 on a par 72. 1 eagle ( My first since 2009!), 2 birdies, 9 pars, 5 bogeys and one double. I was solid off the tee, hitting 60% fairways which led to 60% GIR. 30 putts.

35 - 42 - 77. Maybe I need to turn into a 9 hole golfer. Night and day difference between ball striking on the front and back again. 1 birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogeys.

1 over with birdies on the first and last holes. I had one 3 putt with a downhill putt that went 10 feet past the hole on ridiculous pin location. I also made bogey when my 95 yard 3rd shot from the fairway pot bunker on the par 5 15th hole landed 6 feet from the back hole location and spun back 18 yards into the rough. I had to laugh as I couldn’t have hit that approach shot any better considering my lie and stance in the bunker and the lip 6 feet in front of me.

The good news is the greens have recovered very quickly from being punched just last Tuesday and Wednesday.

AD4EE185-3F37-4504-ADB3-C330901A3A39.jpeg

20200923_183902.jpg

I'm not really sure what's going on here. My new irons are straight pissing me off. I feel way less accurate with them, specifically missing left more, but somehow it doesn't seem to be hurting my scoring at all. In fact, I've kind of been on fire. All my handicap scores are within the last 11 rounds, and the best one is with those irons. I don't know. I was all set to swap the shafts, but I think I need to take a deeper look at the data first.

Tough conditions today. Raining, course was soaked, cart path only, and that course was NOT DESIGNED to be played like that. I think I walked further than if I'd just carried the whole round. In fact, I'm pretty sure I did. Ridiculous. Made it play longer, but the greens were still fast. I thought I had played on wet bermuda a bunch too, but this was something else entirely. Made an effort two rounds ago to get back to putting myself in good putting positions, and reaped those benefits again today. I'd love to say my putting has been better lately, but I think the putts just have. I lost a couple drives today in the wind, but tee game just keeps being an asset. I think that's why a miss from the fairway is bugging me so bad. I've been in good position a ton lately, and I don't usually miss when I am. Anyway, it was an interesting one. Haven't played in weather like that, or played after lifting at the gym since about March.

Played the back 9 of the Par 3 course after work

27 (-1)
1 birdie and 8 pars

Shot 39-35 =7 with 1/14 FIR, suck it Bryson.
#BombandGouge

41- 38 - 79. As poorly as I am playing, I consider it a victory when I can keep the score under 80. At least I am getting good exercise. 2 birdies, 7 pars and 9 bogeys.

Back