What Driver Heads Do You Like Right Now???

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Been looking to get a driver put together in the next little bit and have been nosing through some of the component catalogs to see what's available. Lots of nice stuff out there and it's pretty hard to choose one. The catalogs I have looked at are from Golfworls, Golfsmith and Hireko. From those I think the stuff at Hireko looks the best. I've never handled one or read any reviews of them though.

I'd like to ask you guys to pick a driver head to build up if you were going to get one for yourself. Of course you can pick from any of the component suppliers out there, not just the ones I listed. I know places like Wishon and KSG have really nice stuff too, but they are kinda hard to get unless you go to one of their fitters.

So, if you had the task of picking out a new driver head for you or one of your best golfing buddies to build, which one would you pick and why? Which heads have you used or have hit in the past that you can really give high marks to?

Can't wait to see your responses.

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

The Nike Covert Tour is the only driver head worth a darn.

:alien:

Amp Cell is $$. Super forgiving and long

How are you all buying these NAME BRAND components? I didn't know I could call up and buy one of the AMP CELL Driver head or the NIKE Covert Tour.

Nalajr

How are you all buying these NAME BRAND components? I didn't know I could call up and buy one of the AMP CELL Driver head or the NIKE Covert Tour.

Nalajr

Maybe on EBay but most buy the entire club...

I still have a couple of the Maltby CT250s in my basement - one on a Diamana Blueboard 83S, and the other on a Graman Limey UL680. Maltby (Golfworks) has nice current options, too. If you are interested in a more prominent OEM, there are a lot of options on eBay, for perhaps less than a new Golfworks head, especially considering prior model year clubs... Cleveland Classic 270/290/310, Cobra ZL Encore, Taylormade R11, Ping G20, etc.

I still have a couple of the Maltby CT250s in my basement - one on a Diamana Blueboard 83S, and the other on a Graman Limey UL680. Maltby (Golfworks) has nice current options, too. If you are interested in a more prominent OEM, there are a lot of options on eBay, for perhaps less than a new Golfworks head, especially considering prior model year clubs... Cleveland Classic 270/290/310, Cobra ZL Encore, Taylormade R11, Ping G20, etc.

The cleveland classic is awesome. That deep face is just gives me loads of confidence.

Don't forget the Marketplace here. There was recently a shaved Speedline F11 head ( a great one in my opinion ) and a RFE for instance.

Amp Cell...Xhot...RFE

Don't forget the Marketplace here. There was recently a shaved Speedline F11 head ( a great one in my opinion ) and a RFE for instance.

Very true - there is a good looking Cleveland Classic XL Custom in there now, too.

The Cleveland Classic and Ping Anser. For me I need a head with low spin... It's not for everyone thought.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I am going with the Covert Tour Driver. I am looking at others as possibilities but I absolutely crush this driver.

Cobra AMP Cell

My favorite that I've hit is the Cleveland Classic.

I like the R1 head, but can't seem to get much out of it.

913 D2, Covert Tour is suhweet, RBZ2, R1.

I found an r510tp with a speeder 869 tour spec... Immediately picked up 25 yards. I kid you not haha

Back