What Driver Shaft Are You Using Right Now?

I just switched to this in 6.0 and couldn’t be happier.

So much better for me than the 5.5 black that I was playing.

I had played the black 6.0 previously and the ball flight in the red 5.5 is much better. Gained 10-12 yards also.

Veylix Rome 60. Mid flight, low spin. Has a fade bias to it.

Kinetixx Velocity D30+. Been playing it since I got the opportunity to test. I keep trying other shafts, even my favorite option prior to this and nothing has knocked it out of the bag. Nothing's ever really come close, which is saying a lot for someone like me that likes to tinker. I'll still tinker, but anything that wants to displace it from my bag has a very steep uphill climb ahead of it.

Soon will be replacing the HZRDUS Black with a Graphite Design AD-DI.

Tensei AV 65 stiff flex in my SIM. It gives me mid launch. I tried a Hzdrous 70 and Atmos Black 70, both too stout and low launching. Recently, I am experimenting with a Fujikura Speeder 60 gram. Got the launch but less control. Would love to add a little weight to it and see how it goes.

Currently have a HZRDS Smoke Black 6.5 plugged in. Was playing a Smoke Blue TX but old age is starting to slow me down a bit.

Just came across this on Instagram. Thought it was interesting.

Going back to Helium 5F3.

Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 60 6.0

I'm gaming a House of Forged Reg at 40g. A fabulous shaft for the slower swinger.

Excaliber, not sure the model number (probably 65G stiff), but it is a good shaft at a good very price. Have used others and have a number of driver shafts laying around now because of trying to see what might work the best for me, but I keep putting this Excaliber back in. Seems to perform very good for my SS and slightly aggressive swing style.

HZRDUS Black Gen 4, TX

Just came across this on Instagram. Thought it was interesting.

I wonder if all of the MCA shafts are Diamana shafts. I know most of the Fuji are Ventus but not all.

I wonder if all of the MCA shafts are Diamana shafts. I know most of the Fuji are Ventus but not all.
I was also surprised to not see UST Mamiya on the list.

I had played the black 6.0 previously and the ball flight in the red 5.5 is much better. Gained 10-12 yards also.
I also may have stumbled onto the hzrdus red by accident. Ordered a new TSR2 driver knowing I would be installing a Ventus Red TR. Had to order it with something so I chose the new Gen 4 red cb 50 in 6.0. Ventus hadn’t arrived yet so I play the Hzrdus in a sim round. Long straight with really good spin numbers. Will play a round on course with it today. I’m thinking maybe I don’t need the TR that arrived after I left. IMG_8495.png

I also may have stumbled onto the hzrdus red by accident. Ordered a new TSR2 driver knowing I would be installing a Ventus Red TR. Had to order it with something so I chose the new Gen 4 red cb 50 in 6.0. Ventus hadn’t arrived yet so I play the Hzrdus in a sim round. Long straight with really good spin numbers. Will play a round on course with it today. I’m thinking maybe I don’t need the TR that arrived after I left. View attachment 9219997

I was turned on to it by reading a post @erock9174 put up about having it. His swing profile sounded a lot like mine so I decided to buy a used one to experiment. Now its in the driver and my woods.

I was turned on to it by reading a post @erock9174 put up about having it. His swing profile sounded a lot like mine so I decided to buy a used one to experiment. Now its in the driver and my woods.
I can say after one round with it at the sim I’m very impressed. When I get home I’ll put it up against the Ventus. I’m thinking it will compete very well against the TR. I could see the Hzrdus being the shaft that wind out

Tried a 50gram shaft for a full round today. HZRDUS Silver Stiff, came stock with the Paradym. Had one of my best driving days. Opened my eyes a bit.

HZRDUS black and red-ish. Been 6 seasons now, feel is still just perfect.

I have played 3 rounds the last two days, one outdoors, 2 sim. Been driving very, very well for some reason. Hzdrus Smoke Red RDX in the G430 has pushed its way back into the bag for a while.
Tensi AV Blue works really well in the TSI2 in the cottage bag.

Last edited:
Graftech GT 65 Regular flex. I don't think there's anything wrong with the equipment. ;)

Hazrdus Blue right now

Back