What golf equipment are you buying with your tax returns

The wife sets us up so we get very little or actually pay very little each year. Means more money during the year but I like getting the check come return time. So I guess nothing for me, well maybe a round.

I will owe again this year....so that's a big nothing.

She is a smart lady, why let the government sit on YOUR money all year and not pay you interest

The wife sets us up so we get very little or actually pay very little each year. Means more money during the year but I like getting the check come return time. So I guess nothing for me, well maybe a round.

I'm going to be getting quite a bit back this year for me, but not sure it's going toward equipment. Might get me halfway to a set of Apex CF16s.

Clicgear 3.5 and throw the rest into my golf account....if I get $ back. Don't have my W2's yet...

Tax returns??? I haven't got one of those in 5 years.

No equipment for me. Will be going towards some other expenses.

Most of our return is going towards credit cards, bills and minor car repairs but I'll be able to put a chunk aside for THP events

just to clarify, the form you file is the return and the amount you receive back is the refund.

we're probably going to owe a bunch this year. somehow i whiffed on what i intended to give to the church and gave quite a bit less than i thought i did. i think our business was pretty flat but i have a bigger piece so more taxable allocated to me, and i didn't change my withholding to cover the increase. oh well.

just to clarify, the form you file is the return and the amount you receive back is the refund.

we're probably going to owe a bunch this year. somehow i whiffed on what i intended to give to the church and gave quite a bit less than i thought i did. i think our business was pretty flat but i have a bigger piece so more taxable allocated to me, and i didn't change my withholding to cover the increase. oh well.

I should have claimed zero this past year to make up for both me and my wife increased pay. We are getting the biggest tax bill we have ever had.

I should have claimed zero this past year to make up for both me and my wife increased pay. We are getting the biggest tax bill we have ever had.

tl;dr use page 2 of the w-4 when you are a multiple income household

page 1 the w-4 you fill out for your employer is not designed to handle two income households. you should use page 2 of the w-4 and work through the entire worksheet.

page 1 of the w-4 is meant for a single income household. so if you fill out that you're married with 2 kids and you make $100,000 a year, that probably puts you in the 25% bracket, but most of your dollars will be taxed at 15% with only the last of your dollars subject to the higher rate, and the withholding tables will be calculated accordingly. but if your spouse does the same and makes the same money, most of your dollars are likely hitting at 25%, maybe the last of which will be at 28%. so the withholding tables are assuming an effective rate around 15-20%, but your actual rate is coming in closer to 25%. at $200k of income, that could be $20k of under withheld tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed there is a refund, just don't want to owe any additional money. If there is a refund, sadly it will not be going towards golf.

Lol glad that was cleared up. Can't wait for my return!

Not sure I'll be getting one back this year but if we do it won't go to golf it'll be going toward a garage

Is there a way to change the title to Tax refund? Because you're 100% right.... and mine should be around 2200 between my old job, new job, and investements, I did the tax estimator and it said 2500... but I'll bank on less until I actually finalize it

​Like some others here, I haven't seen a return in about 10 years. Every year my business grows and every year I pay more.

Is there a way to change the title to Tax refund? Because you're 100% right.... and mine should be around 2200 between my old job, new job, and investements, I did the tax estimator and it said 2500... but I'll bank on less until I actually finalize it

not sure about the title. I'm enough of a pr1ck to let that kinda thing bother me haha!

enjoy that $2,200! what do you have your eye on?

not sure about the title. I'm enough of a pr1ck to let that kinda thing bother me haha!

enjoy that $2,200! what do you have your eye on?

Me and my dad are going to split some lessons, as well as I'll probably buy a Hybrid or utility iron from the forum.. I already have enough saved up for when I go to Oklahoma city for school and for my other adventures this year.... the rest will probably go to pay for an event if I'm lucky enough to get in... if not, taking dad somewhere out of Florida to golf for a weekend (California, hilton head island, something) I make enough money at this job to pay for all my expenses and save a decent amount... so my tax return is spent on fun and usually a trip I wouldn't normally take.

Between selling a house, my wife finishing college and us moving to a new state I have no clue what our taxes are going to be like this year, should be interesting. If we do get a decent refund I may have to look at getting a new 3 wood.

Apparently, I'll be paying for another golf vacation for Obama. No tax refund for me. Instead, a large tax bill is coming. :crying:

Between selling a house, my wife finishing college and us moving to a new state I have no clue what our taxes are going to be like this year, should be interesting. If we do get a decent refund I may have to look at getting a new 3 wood.
as far as what is tax deductible you should be set.... college books are deductible.. as well as moving... when I moved from NH to FL... I was able to deduct 40 cents per mile... on 1400 miles of travel...

No equipment purchase with the return, but it may be spent on a Hawaii golf vacation.

I filed last night and have my eye on the new black pm grind. Also seriously considering either the ltd or Xr16 pro and starting the season with a driver shootout.

I filed last night and have my eye on the new black pm grind. Also seriously considering either the ltd or Xr16 pro and starting the season with a driver shootout.
Those black PM grinds are so pretty!!!! if I didn't just buy wedges... they would be in my bag the minute I get mine

as far as what is tax deductible you should be set.... college books are deductible.. as well as moving... when I moved from NH to FL... I was able to deduct 40 cents per mile... on 1400 miles of travel...

Moving is NOT always deductible you have to fall into ALL of these guidelines

Move Related to Start of Work - Your move must closely relate both in time and in place to the start of work at your new location. You can consider moving expenses incurred within one year from the date you first reported to work at the new location as closely related in time to the start of work. A move generally relates closely in place if the distance from your new home to the new job location is not more than the distance from your former home to the new job location. For exceptions to these requirements, see Publication 521,Moving Expenses.

The distance test - Your new workplace must be at least 50 miles farther from your old home than your old job location was from your old home. If you had no previous workplace, your new job location must be at least 50 miles from your old home.

The time test - If you are an employee, you must work full-time for at least 39 weeks during the first 12 months immediately following your arrival in the general area of your new job location. If you are self-employed, you must work full time for at least 39 weeks during the first 12 months and for a total of at least 78 weeks during the first 24 months immediately following your arrival in the general area of your new work location

Back