What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some THPing again today. Been raining 3 days in a row here.

This morning I played a horrible 18 holes (92) then this evening, demo day. I hit lots of different clubs. Irons and drivers mostly. Results (kind of surprising) I liked the Nike Vapor Pro driver with Fubuki 50, R flex shaft over the Callaway, Ping, Cobra, and Titleist drivers. For me, the Ping came in second, the Cobra third, and Callaway Big Bertha Alpha fourth. Titleist may be last just because I didn't hit any R flex shafts with it. Taylormade and Mizuno were there but I didn't hit their drivers.

In irons, nothing came close to Mizuno JPX 850 forged, 2 degree up, with +1/2 inch 115 gram R300.

The big story for me was changing from S flex shafts to R. Most of the clubs were better for me in R except the Cobra Fly Z drivers where the R was a hooking nighmare and the S was a hard draw. That Cobra Fly Z is the hookingest thing I've ever swung.

After playing to an All Square Match Play match, I joined others, at my Home Course, prepping for a June visit by Jack Nicklaus to formally open our new back nine, which his company is building. It is looking absolutely SUPER!

All I did today was THP. Didn't get to install now grips I was planning on swapping. But oh well there's always tomorrow.....

Hooked up a 2nd monitor so I could watch a live feed of Amen Corner while I'm working :)

Played what the locals call "whiskey run +1". The whiskey run is holes 1,2,3,8 and 9. The plus one is 1,2,3,7,8,9. Wanted to stay for more but had to get the kids to school and then work for me.

Had to reschedule the lesson again, because the weather just does not what to cooperate.

THP and played golf with my 4 year old niece, for about 3 hours... (plastic driver and foam balls) She Loved IT! I am one excited uncle to know I might have my niece interested in golf.

"Working" from home today to follow along with the Masters. And later on I will prep my Grandaddy golf bag for my first round of 2015! :joy:

Played a round at my home course. Finally my driver is starting to do what I want. Had a lightbulb moment with my coach on monday, now to move against single numbers...and keep this momentum. =)

Played 8 holes today. I had to leave without playing the 9th to put the kids on the bus. Good ball striking but poor chipping.

Played 18 today and now home enjoying the Masters.

Went to EW to drop off a few shafts to have adapters pulled. Hit a G30 driver a few times. Ended up walking out with a new Odyssey WHP #9, and RFE weight kit and headcover. That place is dangerous for me. Last time I was in I bought an SLDR 430 12* w/ black tie 6m3 X shaft. I have to go back tomorrow and plan to take my son to see if he likes any of the US kids golf clubs they have.

Played with TBD and lightning bolt at fossil creek then went to golf smith. Awesome day

Finally got the bloody tip weight out of the PW of the Apex and now watching The Masters. Would play today but pretty darn windy.

Had a very eye opening lesson today.
Apparently, I am not as smart as I thought I was. Who woulda thunk it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a lesson. Received som drills and stuff to read for pre shot routine. Road to better starts today

Watched golf on TV, played 18 holes and THPed some.

Watched The Masters at work and took the wife and daughter out for a round of putt-putt.

Played 18 holes and watched the Masters.

Watched golf and marked up a few for tomorrow's round

5ec82f5459bb71f56d888c1aa720b3cf.jpg

A very interesting 18 today.

I bought tees! I seriously can't remember when I bought them last, I think before I stopped playing so that's at least 12 years ago. I tried to keep it off as long as possible, went through just over two years of playing without having to buy any :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back