What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got up at 6am, the weather mans "small chance of a drizzle" was a downpour so I went back to bed.

Rain moved out around 12pm so I went out for 9 holes with my kids. Shot a 47, which is good for me. Finished watching the 18th hole and the playoffs in the clubhouse then did some chipping and putting practice with the kids for an hour.

Played a quick 9 after easter festivities...had a bad case of the shanks about 3 holes in. BAD. No clue what happened and what caused it, but from holes 4-7 (so about half of the 9) I couldn't hit the ball clean for the life of me. Finally got it back a little on 8 and 9 for a couple pars, but man, I can't put myself in that situation. A lot of range and practice rounds needed still. Only good thing to take away from today was that my putting is starting to come back to me.

Played a round with T2GRN18...looking forward to the next one.

Horseshoe Bay right?

You were right Big Time. Played Ram Rock & Slick Rock, they both ate my lunch but I did my best to keep it respectable.
Beautiful place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You were right Big Time. Played Ram Rock & Slick Rock, they both ate my lunch but I did my best to keep it respectable.
Beautiful place.

Glad you had a good time. 2 man scramble is there in Nov. that I play every year. Get a partner and let's go have fun and win some $$$$!

Glad you had a good time. 2 man scramble is there in Nov. that I play every year. Get a partner and let's go have fun and SPEND some $$$$!

Slight fix there my friend.
You saw my game, it's in a very ugly place right now.

Played 18. Realized my grips could use changing. Bought some new grips.

Walked another 18. Dropped my score by 16 from the other day back down closer to normal with a 47, 53 for 100. 4 three putts on the back helped put me out of the 90's but it's only the second round of the season. Did meet a guy that we ended up playing the front 9 together so now have a new friend.

Not today, but had back to back birdies on Saturday at the local cow pasture. 15 foot putt and an approach that left me 2 feet out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful place.

Glad you had a good time. 2 man scramble is there in Nov. that I play every year. Get a partner and let's go have fun and win some $$$$!
The 2 man scramble is a lot of fun and I will be heading back again this year. I want to play Slick Rock this year so we may head down early to try and play it.

Booked a lesson for this week.

The 2 man scramble is a lot of fun and I will be heading back again this year. I want to play Slick Rock this year so we may head down early to try and play it.

While I enjoyed Slick Rock a little more, I liked Ram Rock just because of the scenery.

Worked late today so no golf, but I did get to browse THP for a bit.

Rode around my home course watching DawgDaddy and Soxfan playing golf. I'm on injured reserve so it was fun just chilling, chatting, and enjoying my brothers. :thumb:

Snow outside: worked on putting indoors while catching some Master's hype. I am toying with changing my grip to left hand low (right handed golfer). I also did a little carpet chipping.

34d6f75a5e50fb722bf229dc672a5bbf.jpg

Managed to finish 9. Only a brief hold up for the heavy stuff to pass.

Played 18 at the course my team will be competing at this weekend. (Grinding out an 82)
Then played another 13 at my home course. (Great 13 holes, better then I'm used to playing them.)

Have some serious issues with distances. Sure I have issues with the aim, but distances are worse.

Looking at my Gamegolf stats I see the following:
Driver 235-250
4wood 215-225
Hybrid 185-200 (Sometimes a bit more, but I've hit it less too. Most inconsistent in the bag!)
4 iron 180
5 iron 170
6 iron 163
7 iron 155
8 iron 143
9 iron - I'm going with 120-130
48° 120
52° 95-105
56° 80-100
60 I don't hit full

My 9i to 56° used to be:
9i - 125-130
48° - 105-110
52° - 90
56° - 75-80

I'm having a real hard time adjusting, should swing them more gently I guess. 100 meters with the 56° is just too much.

Also: one of my team mates, the second man to be more precise said he wouldn't be playing again this weekend. He didn't play last weekend either, something is going on there. I'm the one with the best scoring average and I wasn't in the lineup for the coming weekend, I'll probably have to be the substitute. The course didn't really suit my game, I'm afraid I won't keep my 100% score intact.

Left work early yesterday and got in 18 with sunlight to spare, Shot a 96 and my irons are very slowly coming back. My friends coach was behind us watching us tee off on 1 (424y). I striped it, well it felt great, left my self 160y from left center of fairway. The coach was beside himself "Jim, where'd you find that shot" I replied "from watching & listening to you and not paying for it". The others in his group laughed their butts off.

Booked a tee time for Saturday. Going to be my first round in about 18 months. I just want to break 100.

Also have a lesson scheduled for this evening, but the weather is iffy. Hoping the rain holds off.

I got about 14 holes of simulator golf in at lunch. Shot a 40 on the front 9 (crazy low for me). I have no idea how it happened, but it did. The course was short. I forget what the yardage was, but I'll go with that.

went out with a friend to play 9. While on the 4th hole got the call to say my new clubs were in so this would be my last round with the old clubs. After a rugged middle (double-triple-double) something clicked and I went birdie-par-birdie. Very atypical for me to score well on three consecutive holes, but memorable since after leaving the course I headed directly over to pick up the new clubs. Memorable end to sticks I humiliated for 20 years.

Cancelled my afternoon tee time - my back is so dang tight, I cannot even bend over!!

Played 9 solo.

Hate to sound spoiled, but it was 50 degrees and cold as sin.

It was my first time out playing since learning to read greens via Aimpoint Express, and I was very pleased with the result.

Left work early yesterday and got in 18 with sunlight to spare, Shot a 96 and my irons are very slowly coming back. My friends coach was behind us watching us tee off on 1 (424y). I striped it, well it felt great, left my self 160y from left center of fairway. The coach was beside himself "Jim, where'd you find that shot" I replied "from watching & listening to you and not paying for it". The others in his group laughed their butts off.

Thats a truly beautiful part of the world you're from. I can't imagine how beautiful the courses up there must be. I lived in Keloena for 4 years, but never golfed at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back