What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yesterday, I squeezed in 9 holes after work to try out my new bargain barrel Jetspeed clubs (3 High Launch) and (3 and 4 Hybrid).

The hyrbids were a bit different than my old Adams A4s, but I think I'm going to like them and I couldn't beat the price on GlobalGolf

Have an outing here at 830. Not looking too bad but will be very wet.

-15 and pin shot. 1sr by 2. Tell me you took yours down too!

I shot a wildly inconsistent 93.

Sorry for the long post this was yesterday, but I was in a work tournament. My division played against another division in our competency here on our military base. 40 golfers, 20 vs. 20. We played at Mattaponi Springs Golf Course in VA.

18 hole singles match play in the morning followed by 2 nine hole partnered match play in the afternoon. 1st nine was four ball and second was scramble/captains choice.

My morning match was really good. I was matched against a 15 HDCP and it was close the whole way. We both struggled in the beginning but with multiple lead changes no one could pull away with more than a 1 up lead. 3rd to last hole was a short par 3 he drained his birdie and I came up about an inch short on my try. He had a one up lead with 2 holes to go. I ended up blowing up the next hole to lose 2&1 but not without going for it. It was a par 5 and he was in the fringe short of the green in 2 shots. I had to go for it to put pressure on him and just completely came out of the shot putting it in the woods right of the green. I recovered to bogey but he had 3 putts to par and I took a loss.

In the afternoon I was paired with a 10 HDCP and we lost on the final hole of the front nine when the other group birdied nine. We went on to win by 3 in the second nine after I drove the 276 yard par 4 16th. I put it in the bunker 3 yards short of the green and we got up and down for birdie.

So all and all I had a 1-2 record but it was tons of fun and great prep if I get into the Grandaddy. Crazy tho was the final score as it came down to the last group on the course which was a set of 36 HDCP's. Our division lost by 1 point 19.5 to 20.5. Now we have to hear how the other division is better at golf over the next year.

Playing 18 with thpers

Played 18 in the rain at Trails of Frisco, a wet 88

-15 and pin shot. 1sr by 2. Tell me you took yours down too!
Nah, it was an ugly pencil whipping ?. I was virtually by myself and still managed to shoot even. 1st place was 12 under and 2nd was 8...round switched from a steady rain to 25 mph winds the entire 5 1/2 hours out there.

Nah, it was an ugly pencil whipping . I was virtually by myself and still managed to shoot even. 1st place was 12 under and 2nd was 8...round switched from a steady rain to 25 mph winds the entire 5 1/2 hours out there.

Oh man. That's brutal. -12 is silly good in those conditions.

18 at Hanging Rock Golf Course in Salem, VA.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm at my sons water polo tournament in Palo Alto California but I snuck away between games and worked on my chipping and putting. My putting is a bright spot after revamping it after a lesson 6 weeks ago.

Oh man. That's brutal. -12 is silly good in those conditions.
I don't play in them to win, and I have no illusions that people are honest. It was the group behind us that cheered probably 3 times the whole round. Is what it is and I still managed to have fun and play well against all odds.

I don't play in them to win, and I have no illusions that people are honest. It was the group behind us that cheered probably 3 times the whole round. Is what it is and I still managed to have fun and play well against all odds.

A little off topic, but was this a tournament, club, league? Not the first time I've heard of players lying about scores, and unfortunately it's the reason I'm hesitant to join a club/league next year.

Watched some Solheim and THPed.

Played 18 with THPers. Struck the ball well, scored like ass and didn't get hing up on score or didley. First time in a very LNG time I played DILLIGAF golf.

A little off topic, but was this a tournament, club, league? Not the first time I've heard of players lying about scores, and unfortunately it's the reason I'm hesitant to join a club/league next year.
No just a fundraiser outing. If it was club or league, I'd be upset. But with a lax outing like this, it's expected.

I looked at a golf course as I drove by :(

Played 18 with THPers. Struck the ball well, scored like ass and didn't get hing up on score or didley. First time in a very LNG time I played DILLIGAF golf.
Score didn't matter to me today my friend. I know we've played in some of the same groups this year, but first chance I got to ride with you this year.

Really enjoyed the conversation and company.

Played 18, I've joined a new course and it is a much harder course then I was previously a member of. Managed to shoot an 83 (40/43), all things considered that's really not bad for me. (36/37 stableford)

Trying to put the Gamegolf into my routine again as I've finally got one again. Missed loads of taps, this round won't come out good.. Try again Monday :)

Watched some golf on TV, no Solheim Cup due to it not being televised here :(

My previous course is a CR 67.6/SI 124 course from the men's tees, 68.3/127 (iirc) from the back tees. At 5201/~5400 meters.
My new course is CR 70.8/SI 129 from the men's tees and CR 73.2/SI 141 from the back tees. At 5724/6225 meters it's much longer, I like that :)

Last edited:
Chipped and putted for a couple hours after a rough day of work. Good way to clear the head.
1st time trying out my new superstroke grip and it was the best I have putted in a long time. Think tommorow is gonna be a range day for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran three tournaments.

Went to the BMW

I searched the Web for iron shafts that I can swap into one of my iron sets. I'm having a bear of a time deciding, having experienced one total failure already reshafting these same irons.

Played 18......badly..... Was matchplay so wasn't keeping score but I reckon I would be lucky to break 90. Was just one of those days where I struggled with everything :banghead:

Watched a fantastic Solheim Cup!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just caught the end of the Solheim Cup and the USA team did well in the singles to overturn the deficit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back