What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walked 18 with my normal group, some good patches of play and some bad but the scotch was good and the bourbon was fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hit the practice area with my girlfriend and her 14 yo daughter, who is starting the game. Spent about an hour chipping. Stopped because of rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swung by GS to pick up a putter grip. As is customary I took several swipes with the Demo FG Tour V4 7i. Fifteen minutes of pure joy.

I did get the grip, BTW :D

Was watching an Apex 3 hybrid on eBay but it shot from 160 to 200 in last 10 seconds. Boo.

Replaced the TopFlite Tour 52 deg and 54 deg wedges with Cleveland Tour Action 52 deg and 54 deg wedges. Only played them one round, hit the 52 deg twice and the 54 deg three times. One full swing with each and green side chips for the other three shots. I like them so far but will be playing two rounds this week and look forward to hitting them many more times.

Had lunch at Bayonet and Black Horse and met with the pro who I've been taking lessons with. He's leaving the area on 12/1 so we scheduled the last 3 lessons I'll be taking with him :sad:

Dropped my extra PX Handcrafted and the TM tip at the shop to get installed. Will pick up on Wednesday. Also finished up regripping the set, UTx's throughout now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Played 18. Tried the Golfboard for the first time.

96148e0c1eec4ad19807dd4fa6483d10.jpg

That looks pretty cool. How did you like it?

Just finished up the 90th hole of my 162 hole weekend extravaganza!

That's a lot of swings. Make sure to check in when you're finished so we know that you made it back!

Hit the practice area with my girlfriend and her 14 yo daughter, who is starting the game. Spent about an hour chipping. Stopped because of rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and TBD both have me fooled that you're that old. And I wouldn't believe that there was rain in AZ except that the NASCAR race was delayed.

That looks pretty cool. How did you like it?

It was fun. Definitely a learning curve, and more work than a cart. First couple holes had steep windy drops on the path between holes and those were...interesting. But by the end of the round it was more natural.

It was fun. Definitely a learning curve, and more work than a cart. First couple holes had steep windy drops on the path between holes and those were...interesting. But by the end of the round it was more natural.

Good job on not falling off!

-------------
I made potential plans to knock nine states (6 and 3) off the fifty state list in 2016.

Played 18 in 2 hours solo at Blackstone National in Sutton Ma. Nice track, greens a little rough they stop cutting up here about 2 weeks ago. Tight track with a lot of elevation changes. So different from the flats of SJ. Loved it 81 from tips only 6900.

857a04ea1664a71ce26cf0ad1927d1dd.jpg
6a5bc2ec40db6a4143906c08261a36d6.jpg
a3b624ab6f8d5208689e9c0eb1c23d85.jpg

With a frost delay of two hours today, I just practiced.
Putting from 20 ft, uphill, downhill, side hill.
Short game - 15, 20, 25 yd pitches, sand, chipping, then back to 20 yd shots.
Then the range - Sand and Gap wedges, 9 iron, Driver, 3w, 4i, gap wedge.

THP'd for the most part. My golf stuff has been limited since I ran a half marathon on Sunday :banghead:

Last edited:
Went to the range, and hit the short game area for a good bit before the sun decided to leave for the day.

Forgot how painful getting back a short game can be, but thanks to some tips from Canadan that I recalled from a few years back in Myrtle Beach, it was working itself out.

The short game is definitely on the road to recovery.

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Went to the range, and hit the short game area for a good bit before the sun decided to leave for the day.

Forgot how painful getting back a short game can be, but thanks to some tips from Canadan that I recalled from a few years back in Myrtle Beach, it was working itself out.

I can't wait until next spring when the new short game area opens at my club. I intend to use the hell out of it.

Worked on some putting and chipping during lunch. Really contemplated taking 1/2 day vacation and playing 9. Darn work getting in the way of my golf, lol

Hell hath frozen over.

Ur short game was really legit back in the day keep plugging away

Received a slew of our course is now closed for the season emails, never a happy time of year.

Hell hath frozen over.

Ur short game was really legit back in the day keep plugging away

Oh please.

But seriously, my last few rounds, I dont even think of a wedge outside of a full shot. Hopefully with some work, I can dial them back in from 50ish yards and in.

I miss that little low 54* wedge shot with a TON of spin right at the cup. That was fun.

Installed adapter onto green THP HZRDUS shaft, can't wait to give it a go on Saturday.

Installed adapter onto green THP HZRDUS shaft, can't wait to give it a go on Saturday.
Any details on exactly which hzrdus model? Or are these prototype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back