What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Added a couple of sleeves to the bag a few moments ago as I have a tee time today at 11am. Gonna be a hot one today, hopefully the rain will stay long enough for us to get 18 in. THPed this morning.

Just some THP so far. Golf will be limited this week due to wheat harvest starting, so busy at work.

Forgot to mention that I'll be trying out a new shaft on the Cobra Pars & Stripes today, interested to see what I can do with it. ;)

currently stretching out the New Nikes I bough.... YIKES! they are tight.

Started chipping with my 9i around the green. I’ve always used a SW, but I was lights out with the 9i. Either beginners luck or this is going to have a huge positive impact on my game.

Started chipping with my 9i around the green. I’ve always used a SW, but I was lights out with the 9i. Either beginners luck or this is going to have a huge positive impact on my game.
In my experience a lower lofted club that gets the ball rolling like a putt sooner is way more consistent than a club that puts the ball up in the air. I think you'll find it's not just beginners luck.

In my experience a lower lofted club that gets the ball rolling like a putt sooner is way more consistent than a club that puts the ball up in the air. I think you'll find it's not just beginners luck.
I’m just trying not to get my hopes up! 😆

NOT A DAMNED THING!!! I played 18 on both Saturday and Sunday! In the heat. Hunting shade all day. I went out today to run some errands. When i checked my phone I found a voice mail from my buddy saying that they were going to tee off soon, and where was I? Call me back! I did call him and left him a voice mail saying I would not be playing today. My right knee is sore, as is my right elbow. Overall I am stiff and sore. I intended to cut the middle and back yards today, but put it off. Too hot! I'll cut them tomorrow early, when it's cool, and the yards are still in the shade!

Back in the day the heat never bothered me. In fact, l loved it! I felt that it made the ball fly really well! At 67, I have an issue with it.

Just a quick range session before a nasty storm rolled through.

Played in a golfweek amateur tour event. Poorly.

Walked 9 holes

Got invited to the Captains Away day on Sunday

Downloaded the course to my shotscope for Sunday

THPed this morning. Cleaning clubs after yesterday's round of golf this afternoon. Contemplating putting two of my SC putters up for sale from my collection.

Played a quick 9, practice and fun. Open course with less than ideal weather. Played 2 balls, Bridgestone Tour B X and RX. Putted the B X left hand low, RX standard. Hit the ball stupidly well. Only miss was going for a par 4 green with a blind cut the corner shot that requires 260+ carry. I didn't have someone to watch the outcome, but pretty sure I was just short. At least I didn't find a ball. I've seen about 10 attempts to drive that green and only 2 positive outcomes. Toying with going for it on a league night. I hit my attempt lower on face and flight. In warmer temps with a standard launch, I should be able to manage that shot.

The golf sports psychology book a local golf pro gave me to read helped me shift my attitude. I have a clearer and more positive intention with each shot. I'm not sure how else to explain it. In response my on course play is vastly better shot to shot. Now I just need to make putts. I am close, closer, closest but in general not making them. That was one reason to test left hand low (used to putt that way).

Walked 18 holes today.

Tried to play 18 holes today, but the golf gods said differently. Between a cluster this morning and then a monsoon while I was on 14 this evening, just wasn't in the cards apparently.

NOT A DAMNED THING!!! I played 18 on both Saturday and Sunday! In the heat. Hunting shade all day. I went out today to run some errands. When i checked my phone I found a voice mail from my buddy saying that they were going to tee off soon, and where was I? Call me back! I did call him and left him a voice mail saying I would not be playing today. My right knee is sore, as is my right elbow. Overall I am stiff and sore. I intended to cut the middle and back yards today, but put it off. Too hot! I'll cut them tomorrow early, when it's cool, and the yards are still in the shade!

Back in the day the heat never bothered me. In fact, l loved it! I felt that it made the ball fly really well! At 67, I have an issue with it.

Boy, I sure can commiserate with those sentiments, I'm still feeling the effects from yesterdays round in the heat. ;)

BTW, I'm 68. :whew:

I thought about playing golf while I drove my kid 2.5 hours each way to take his driving test. Does that count?

I've got another kid licensed to drive now.

I thought about playing golf while I drove my kid 2.5 hours each way to take his driving test. Does that count?

I've got another kid licensed to drive now.

Been there done that with all four of my kids. (y)

Been there done that with all four of my kids. (y)

I've done one, but not 2.5 hours each way. Everything was booked up closer for at least 2 week, presumably due to COVID-19 closures earlier in the year.

I've done one, but not 2.5 hours each way. Everything was booked up closer for at least 2 week, presumably due to COVID-19 closures earlier in the year.

The DMVs are so packed right now in Illinois that my wife and I can't get near one to changes our address because of our moving soon. :p

THP, Top golf, superspeed training

THP'd, played 18, and currently trying to figure out if the weather will cooperate enough to book a round for tomorrow.

Played in a scramble today, two of the guys were scratch to maybe a 4-6 cap, then an 18 and me. Four mulligans each, and 8’ of string. We shot a 51 (par 72). Only tied third or fourth. I saw a 47 and a 49 on the board before I left. It was fun though, and that’s what it’s supposed to be so mission accomplished. I won the putting challenge at 6” from probably 60’. Out of 22 teams in the afternoon flight, I feel good about that.

Back