What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Threw some old rusty wedges into some coca cola, lets see how much of the rust it actually gets rid off

Nothing ventured nothing gained so to speak

Regriped an old vokey 56* wedge that I want to test out

Set up a tee time on Friday with my parents. Need to practice keeping the ball in play between now and then.

Got another match tonight for my club first team so will be heading off soon

Forceast isn't looking good so expecting to get wet, and hoping that my opponent is not a fan of playing in the rain so that I can take advantage of the conditions

Played 18 holes starting at 7:10 this morning.

Had six feet for bird on the first, yipped my putt halfway. Had 12 feet for birdie on two, lipped out. Had 18 feet for birdie on three, dead centre. Sadly it was downhill from there, although I did hit some monster drives that put me in places I have never hit second shots from before. I am really reconsidering if I need to replace the Rogue right now. Probably better off to put the money towards some new hybrids since everything else in the bag has been upgraded. I can get away with a lot with the Rogue, I hit it all over the face but I can manage. The SIM I hit during the fitting felt like the centre of the face every. single. time.

Sadly if our pro shop hadn't been victim to a smash & grab we would probably have demo drivers that I could take out for a round and see how it feels in real world conditions....

THPed off and on all day, shipped out a 3w to a THP member who just bought the club from me. Also getting ready for tomorrow's round of golf. This will be my first round of golf with a fellow THPer.

Actually cut grass today. The grass isn't really growing all that fast, the hot temps and lack of rain have slowed it down, but the weeds are still growing so the yard looks sloppy! Will cut more tomorrow. Probably go shopping for some golf on Friday.

Played 18 and snapped my driver shaft with my swing on hole #2. THP'd and pondering which driver I want to buy. Looking at the G410 right now.

Played my best 9 hole round in quite a while this afternoon. Finished par-birdie-par with opportunities for birdies on all three holes.

Played in a scramble today, two of the guys were scratch to maybe a 4-6 cap, then an 18 and me. Four mulligans each, and 8’ of string. We shot a 51 (par 72). Only tied third or fourth. I saw a 47 and a 49 on the board before I left. It was fun though, and that’s what it’s supposed to be so mission accomplished. I won the putting challenge at 6” from probably 60’. Out of 22 teams in the afternoon flight, I feel good about that.
The winner in most scramble tournaments is whichever group is composed of the biggest, ballsiest liars. :ROFLMAO:

Played 18 today, THP'd.

The winner in most scramble tournaments is whichever group is composed of the biggest, ballsiest liars. :ROFLMAO:

Played 18 today, THP'd.
Played in a scramble today, two of the guys were scratch to maybe a 4-6 cap, then an 18 and me. Four mulligans each, and 8’ of string. We shot a 51 (par 72). Only tied third or fourth. I saw a 47 and a 49 on the board before I left. It was fun though, and that’s what it’s supposed to be so mission accomplished. I won the putting challenge at 6” from probably 60’. Out of 22 teams in the afternoon flight, I feel good about that.
Good on the putts. Scrambles are tough to win if you are honest and not rocked at the end. Sounds like some teams were generous with string and mulligans

What was the putting prize? New putter ?

Walked 17 before the bottom fell out of the sky. Then, after I drove home soaked to the bone, cleaned my clubs. Hoping everything will be dried out by noon tomorrow.

Went out to the course and worked on chipping/putting. With my driver being so inconsistent, I figured I better start focusing more on the short game.

Walked to and from the course, and walked 18. Beautiful Canada Day! 🇨🇦

Just THP golf videos on youtube.

I THP'd, had a really good range session, iced, put together another weird bag I've never played, and just booked a tee time for tomorrow with a group of 3 which is always interesting.

Match last night was tough, I lost 1 down but the team won overall

It was very wet, cold and windy at times as well, which meant the ball was not travelling anywhere in the heavy damp air

My match never went more than 2 holes in anyones favour, but a couple bad breaks on 17 and 18 cost me the match in the end. We were all sqaure after 16 and it looked very much like we were going to finish the match all square with how it was going, but a couple bad bounces cost me on 17 to put me 1 down. Neither of us played the 18th very well in the end, but my approach took a nasty kick off a slope that left me about 25ft away rather than the 3-4ft that it was looking like it would be and I just missed my putt to win the hole

If I am picked, I will just have to try and get back on the winning train again next week

THP this morning for a short while. Meeting @Steve2100 for a round of golf this morning. Looking forward to meeting him and enjoying the day. ;)

Played 18 today, THP'd.
Most scrambles are won before the first cart even leaves the parking lot. If they can sleep okay at night then that's their business I guess. I couldn't do it.

Played 18 than came home and worked on some swing issues I was having. Seemed to get it ironed out. Hopefully I can get it to translate to the course tomorrow.

chipping and flop shot practice, esp. out of rough and hit a half bucket of balls full swing to keep tempo correct.

Walked 18 and replaced the grip on my driver.

Corresponded with the club guy today. All my clubs are ready, except one of the wedges the shaft came in a stiff instead of a regular, so little more waiting until the replacement shaft comes in. Was supposed to be today, but no avail. He said things are like that lately with shipments, little unpredictable.

Was going to see about repair on my Leupold rangefinder, but they're closed for the 4th.

Golf gods are just not aligning for me at the moment. Patience. o_O

Played 9 and chipped in the front yard.

Kicked off the Q3 post drive by THPing while watching some Rocket Mortgage.

Sat and waited for my new driver to show up only to have ups update my arrival time and change it to tomorrow!

Back