What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Those look good!!!
They feel great in the backyard swing test. Hope to hit the range tomorrow. It’s like new clubs.

I’m hopefully they will perform well. They have really neutralized my grip. On midsized I’m very strong with left hand and weak with right. As a result I over draw.

Watched some of the Wyndham, some of the U.S. Amateur Championship, prepped my stuff for tomorrow morning's round. My PuttOut mat arrived, so I set it up and putted for about an hour while watching golf.

Made it to the range to hit a bucket and rolled out right as a monsoon came in!

Mourned the loss of our local Golf Galaxy. I didn’t even know it was closing, but they are GONE. Wonder if they had a liquidation sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf Galaxy visit over lunch with range visit after dinner.

Booked a Tee time for Tuesday evening on a course I have never played before

Booked times to go and play adventure mini golf tomorrow evening

Walked 9 after work with my lad

Just scheduled an appointment later this afternoon on the sim. Primary goal is to check some distances with irons. There is also a 50/50 chance I will see and hit the new P7MB, P7MC, and P770. That may completely ruin my distance work, but I am willing take on that kind of sacrifice. :p

Did my usual daily practice in my net and putting, etc. Was going to book a tee time for tomorrow but weather around here is mega crappy right now and supposedly for the next couple of days.

18 holes at the Jack Nicklaus course where I grew up. Just beat the rain too. As soon as we pulled in the parking lot to load our clubs it started raining.

Regripped @GolferGal clubs and then played caddie for her for the front 9 of sim golf.

THP'ing while watching the Wyndham, sorting clubs to sell, trying to figure out which ones to take to Nebraska, and deciding whether to run by the range to do some short wedge work. Hitting a lot of greens always leads to wedge rust, and I usually forget to stay ahead of it.

Humble brag ;);)
Lol I suppose. It's just like anyone whose game suddenly leans hard towards one thing. The thing you're NOT doing, won't be fresh and ready when you need it. It will be worse.
Like if you're chipping really well for a stretch, and have mostly short putts, when you suddenly need a 60' lag, you have zero confidence because it no longer feels familiar. I try to remind myself to keep the things I'm not using, familiar, but I never actually do it! I'm loading my bag now. I'm doing it this time!

Worked on my tempo at lunch today at the range with my garmin s62. Seems my back swing is too slow. I had 2 perfect 3.0's out of a large bucket. Need to get that number up. Lots real close though. Shots just seem crisper with the proper tempo.
I cannot seem to go to the Pro Fast as the .70s backswing seems way too fast, but no problem with the downswing speed. Something I can work on for sure.

1597439063496.png

Worked on driver at the range and hit a ton of putts

Played another 18 today after 36 yesterday. 101 yesterday, 103 today. Those are the temps. I could really use a nap.

Last edited:
Did the grocery run, trimmed up the hedges in front of the house, did the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, watched some Wyndham and lurked around THP.

While these might not seem like normal golf activities, I'm going to Muskoka for the weekend to golf so getting the chores done will allow a guilt-free trip.

My 10yr old finished his golf camp this week. We watched his group do their scoring pins in Player Pathway golf. Got his Level 3 completed today. Working on Level 4 this fall. This is a really cool progression for anyone with kids. Highly recommend!7E27DD4D-79B9-43BB-B6F3-2F1CD863CDB6.jpegC6462921-F38A-4249-B748-7D953A738C51.jpeg

Walked 18

Had a decent range session last night. Hit 2 buckets (60 balls) and did some short game work.

Watched some tv golf and did some THP. Resting the ribs for the “big weekend”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went up to the local course and played 9 and played two balls per hole and had a great practice round. Only a few folks on the course because it has been stormy and I am sure that held them off.

Back