What golf stuff did you learn today?

I learned that customers, much like Internet golfers, overexaggerate their perceived distances. 285 typical distance with a driver quickly turns into 95 mph 220 yard drives real quick on a monitor. It makes me laugh inside but I can't show it when I tell customers this driver is no better lol.
Every time I go into the shop I see this. Lol used to be me too a little more than 2 years ago! Now I realize that if I carry it 250, I really struck it well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Every time I go into the shop I see this. Lol used to be me too a little more than 2 years ago! Now I realize that if I carry it 250, I really struck it well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I don't do it to try and embarrass them. Our sim is old but legit and not juiced in any way. I make sure of it. I typically pass it off as a cramped space and you feel like you're gonna hit something which makes you swing slower, but I've not seen that to be the case.

That having a fade setting on the driver doesn't necessarily mean you will fade it. Good times with the GBB.

I learned that a lot of my chipping woes come from me being all arms even though I feel like I'm rotating my shoulders back and thru. Thanks to @dhartmann34 for the tip. I need to make sure I keep those shoulders turning.

I learned that a lot of my chipping woes come from me being all arms even though I feel like I'm rotating my shoulders back and thru. Thanks to @dhartmann34 for the tip. I need to make sure I keep those shoulders turning.

Yeah you get all out of whack when you're just using those forearms. Gotta feel the shoulders getting a little rotation like I said. You'll get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swing smooth and easy = hit it much better.

That the shanks I've been battling for the last few weeks were grip related rather than swing related.
Careful, shanks come from closing the distance between you and the ball. This related to your body movement and arm swing. Glad you found a grip but that didn't fix you. They just went away, like they always do.

Careful, shanks come from closing the distance between you and the ball. This related to your body movement and arm swing. Glad you found a grip but that didn't fix you. They just went away, like they always do.

Thanks for the advice, I'd tried so many things to try to fix this. My grip had definitely changed from where I was a month ago - my right thumb had moved round to the right side of club and I think this resulted in me hooding the club face over the ball at impact - if I wasn't hitting a shank I was usually a mile left of target. Appreciate your notes above - my swing had definitely gone south as well ... At least partly due to panic every time I stood over an iron shot!

Back